New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

If you are an applicant of this list then you will know what they are talking about....otherwise you really do not need to read this and give snotty comments on a thread you know nothing about

there are plenty of other threads you can read that will be of assistance to you

I don't know if it's the way people read things but I have to say I didn't read that Rauls post was snotty...I read it as him laughing at him/herself as not understanding, making light of him/her being a 'noob'????..... Sometimes we do take things in a way which they weren't intended?

:wubclub:

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are an applicant of this list then you will know what they are talking about....otherwise you really do not need to read this and give snotty comments on a thread you know nothing about

there are plenty of other threads you can read that will be of assistance to you

What on earth was snotty about raul's post? Nothing I could see.

This is a forum designed to help people. If you think raul has come to the wrong thread, either report it so we can move it, or point him in the right direction. Do not post nasty comments. It isn't the way we like to welcome new members here on poms in oz.

Any more comments like that from this warning will be deleted.

Play nice, we were all newbies once!

I have a feeling that SA may have thought Raul was laughing 'at' the thread, or calling someone else a noob and maybe SA felt as if they were being insulted,(is that what you thought SA???) I don't know?....that's why I tried to explain what I believed Raul meant.

Hopefully just a misunderstanding.

It's pretty crap when you get shot down for something that's taken the wrong way, been there myself, it's crap and I'd Have certainly felt better if someone had stepped in for me, that's why I stuck my oar in :wink: xx

Edited by jodipodi

While maybe snotty isn't the right term, I did think Raul's comments seems to make fun of the Cat 5 applicants (referring to it as sounding deadly, no one likes this category) so perhaps if he had a question about it he could have phrased it better. I didn't know anything about the 176 visa and category 5 either, but I Googled it to learn more about it. That said, I don't think he meant to offend anyone so best to simply move on.

I think he meant 'category 5 sounds deadly' as in it sounds like a quarantine compartment in some strange facility somewhere..not having a dig....that's how I took it!! :laugh:

I havnt a clue myself about any category or visas that aren't related to my own situation, just wanted to dampen the heat xxx . :ssign15::hug:

I think he meant 'category 5 sounds deadly' as in it sounds like a quarantine compartment in some strange facility somewhere..not having a dig...that's how I took it!! :laugh:

I havnt a clue myself about an category visas that aren't related to my own situation, just wanted to dampen the heat xxx . :ssign15::hug:

Exactly my case, all I wanted was to eye what other people were up to! Didn't mean any harm, meant it exactly like you said it, why on earth would i have a dig? Anyways, moving on, here's wishing everyone a very happy new year 2014 and may 2014 be a life changer for all of us.

Now, forgiving and moving on, back to topic...! Cat 5.

I believe South African felt kind of mocked because after being stuck in limbo for over five years at an average, that too without any clear statement about what to expect and constantly being shoved behind everyone else, all of us in Cat 5 are really pissed off, more at the immigration department rather than at anyone. and 176 Family Sponsored are the worst sufferers, being treated like untouchables by the immigration department so when reading a post like this, there are bound to be some reactions (like that of SA) hat others will be surprised at. We are not really rude, just a bit touchy after being in 'a deadly quarantine category'.

Both Raul Nigli and South African are right in their way, only the immigration are wrong in their treatment of us poor souls!

welcome to the forum endless waiting, have you tried to contact ur CO to check what s been happening?? im a 886 FS too appplied in oct2009, still have not heard anything, hopefully this year will bring some good news :)

Hi, I'm new member of your forum. Proudly a 886 fs (cat 5) applicant since april 2009! CO has been allocated on March 2013 and requested form 80 to provide at that time. Since then, haven't heard anything from my CO. seems like an endless journey...

Hi, I'm new member of your forum. Proudly a 886 fs (cat 5) applicant since april 2009! CO has been allocated on March 2013 and requested form 80 to provide at that time. Since then, haven't heard anything from my CO. seems like an endless journey...

I'm surprise yours haven't been granted yet.

Usually once you been assigned with CO, you should been given with PR status quite quick.

I'm on 886 2010 ;(

I'm surprise yours haven't been granted yet.

Usually once you been assigned with CO, you should been given with PR status quite quick.

I'm on 886 2010 ;(

There are some applicant from HR countries that have been waiting over than 12 months

since they got their CO and submitted all required documents.

added!

Hi guys,

I've been reading your thread for a couple of months, right from the date when 175 allocation dates started to move. Please add me to your 175 list:

175/Engineer - 10 Feb 2009/HR country, hoping to get a CO soon :smile:

Thank you and Happy New Year!

sorry for sounding like I was attacking Raul. Was not the intention.

For me it sounded like he was mocking the thread and the category 5 people waiting. If the thread was read fully from the start he would have known what cat 5 is and what this thread was about. If indeed he had a read through he would have realised that this thread is for OLD applicants already waiting 5 plus years for their visa's.....this is not the right category if he was looking for info on applying for a new visa.

for me it just felt like someone not knowing anything about cooking, but jumping into a highly advanced discussing on curing chocolate and asking what Baking powder is....

no harm intended, sorry for that :wink:

coming monday is going to be 15 months since my case has been allocating CO... Nothing yet........ Seriousely?? :OOOO (HR Country). I will ask my lowyer to send email to CO on Tuesday....

This really makes me worry.....we submitted our medicals beginning Dec and applied for our police clearance on 11 Dec. According to our post office tracking system, the application forms for PCC has been lying at their post office since 17 Dec and nobody has bothered to collect the registered post I sent. Nobody picks up when you call and they don't reply to any emails....our police department is really a sad story! Apparently the PCC is supposed to take 3-6 weeks, but it has been 3 weeks and they have not even collected it at the post office...once they have it, the processing takes 3-6 weeks....and then they need to post it back to me. This third world country is getting to me:wacko:

This really makes me worry.....we submitted our medicals beginning Dec and applied for our police clearance on 11 Dec. According to our post office tracking system, the application forms for PCC has been lying at their post office since 17 Dec and nobody has bothered to collect the registered post I sent. Nobody picks up when you call and they don't reply to any emails....our police department is really a sad story! Apparently the PCC is supposed to take 3-6 weeks, but it has been 3 weeks and they have not even collected it at the post office...once they have it, the processing takes 3-6 weeks....and then they need to post it back to me. This third world country is getting to me:wacko:

Oh boy now I see what I've got to look forward to. Are you doing this yourself or through an agent?

Are there no services that can do the police clearances for you? I seem to remember my agent saying there was a service that did that for you.

re the 3rd world well that's why we're trying to get out :)

Oh boy now I see what I've got to look forward to. Are you doing this yourself or through an agent?

Are there no services that can do the police clearances for you? I seem to remember my agent saying there was a service that did that for you.

re the 3rd world well that's why we're trying to get out :)

re: South African police clearance

I actually got someone from the police department that replied today!!! after 7 emails!

They asked for the tracking nr, so perhaps they will stroll to the post office to collect.

We are doing everything ourselves. I would suggest rather send the application door to door per one day curier. That was an option, but the very nice lady at our local police station said it was really not neccessary as they collected the post every day registered mail only takes a day or two longer....and then it sits at the post office.

Door to door option will at least give you assurance that it is at their door after a day. You can then arrange with a curier to collect it once done

Does anyone know how long it takes to get England's police clearance PCC.My wife lived in England for 3 years and she is applying for her PCC next week.sHE IS IN PAKISTAN at the moment.Is there any way to apply online??

http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

As far as I'm aware you still have to send documents via post

Edited by TJD

Does anyone know how long it takes to get England's police clearance PCC.My wife lived in England for 3 years and she is applying for her PCC next week.sHE IS IN PAKISTAN at the moment.Is there any way to apply online??

hi, lala

what about ur case? did u get any reply frm co, coz its over a year now.

in my case I was allocated in April 2013. and co asked me to submit form80 in june2013. thn pcc in nov2013. and now still waiting.... I emailed morethn dozn times, ring up dozen times but getting reply that department processing my case on asap basis. my file in on check and I have been told it takes 1 to 12 months for PK national applicants.

hi, lala

what about ur case? did u get any reply frm co, coz its over a year now.

in my case I was allocated in April 2013. and co asked me to submit form80 in june2013. thn pcc in nov2013. and now still waiting.... I emailed morethn dozn times, ring up dozen times but getting reply that department processing my case on asap basis. my file in on check and I have been told it takes 1 to 12 months for PK national applicants.

My security check is finished,i did my medical last week.I am only waiting for my wife's police check PCC .Hopefully i will get the decision soon.IA..

Its taking a while for pakistani security checks to be cleared .good luck

http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

Thanks TJD.

i Hope it does not take more then a week .I have read in few forums that if you pay extra it can be done in 2 days