New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Hi Shirishcharo, refer my signature below and provide me your timeline, so that I can add you up to the list. Cheers

Thanks Bull! My timeline: 176 FS, Applied 26 Aug 2008, Offshore Paper Based, HR Country Nepal, Current location Australia, Occupation: Associate Computer Engineer.. Cheers..

From the list I can see "Tejpal" also, like itsbeen6, applied in 2007 Dec.. Tejpal, if you're still around buddy please let us know if you get a CO.. And the others from Feb 2008, "ARS", "Sekena" and "176from2008", we are hoping to hear from you guys next and get all our hopes high :D

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm done submitting all required docs i.e. medicals, pcc, employment evidence, etc to CO. Now, i'll just have to wait for CO's reply!

For those who got granted PR, can you check your PR info online?

Reason for asking is i applied thru an agent and do not get emails from CO about my status.

If you have TRN Number and password to check you status online you can find out...when it will say "applicant approved" than you will get grant email in 24 hours.

They may not have asked us to put our life on hold, but at the time of my application (May 2008) there was an official information about maximum processing times. It was 12 months for low risk countries and 18 months for high risk countries. They assumed it, so for me it was a promise. I applied and paid the fee based on this information. I thought that 18 months will be a reasonable time to keep all the things the same (the same job, the same apartment, limit shopping for goods to a minimum). Unfortunately, here I am 5,5 years later, still waiting.

For me, the right and ethic thing to do would have been DIBP to say to 2007-2008 applicants (priorities list came into force in January 2009): "we will not be able to process you within 18 months and we have no clue when it will be. If you want to withdraw your application, we will reimburse the fee". At least I would have felt that it was my choice to wait.

It feels like being in a train station, purchasing a ticket for a train which will leave in 1,5 hours and after, there is an announcement that the train will take only the passengers with a a specific serial number of their tickets. The rest, will have to wait for another train but they have no information when it will come. If the passengers want to cancel the trip, too bad, no money will be reimbursed.

After 5,5 years of waiting (and still not over) I refuse to consider anymore the possibility they might refuse my visa. It would be too sad.

Oh...I do not wish to hold myself out as the great defender of DIAC nor am I saying that they have behaved ethically. They should have processed all applications according to the rules in place at the time those applications were submitted. They have only hurt their own trustworthiness. Believe me...I feel screwed big time just as many others do. I basically wrote the loss off when it became clear that they had no intention of processing family sponsored 176 GSM applications while my children are still minors!

That said, too many people talk about their lives being put on hold and I made the general statement that one cannot do that with any immigration application for any country. In other words, it is a bad idea to rely on migration to another country and DIAC is a good example of why not to make plans until that visa is in your hands.

Hi abhay, refer my signature and provide me with your detailed timeline, so that I can add the same with the list of 176 applicants available with us. Cheers

Visa subclass 176 family sponsored, priority group 5

Aug 2009

marketing professional

india

current location also India

paper application

offshore

through agent

no response yet, had written this year to minister of immi., received standard reply as posted by other members

Hi guys, I propose that we all jointly write to DIBP. If everyone ok, we shall go ahead. It would be a decent letter with all logics in place and explaining our plight. Infact eg. quoted by dyanne is a perfect one...

awaiting suggestions.

Regards,

Abhay

Mr Westwoodwizard first of all I applied because of the rules that were in affect at that time. Not because of the rules of Google.

Secondly I do't know what is your problem. DIAC is responsible for this sh!t happening. I have spent more than 3000$ at the time of applying, I have spent my $2000 worth of time during the application procedure with the intention of reuniting with my family.

and yes people have to make lifetime decisions of raising family, buying home , settle down in careers . If its not important to you does not means its not important to others. I have not applied at any risk I have applied to immigrate, rest is upto there discretion ,whatever decision they make . Timely decision make me focus on where I want to spent rest of my life.

and thanks for such a negative approach.

1. The reference to Google was not about Google's rules but when I first started seeing articles about DIAC's overhaul, I found them through Google searches.

2. Of course DIAC is responsible...it is their rules and they changed them..and their application of those rules retroactively was unethical and I stated that so I am not the great defender of DIAC.

3. Who says it is not important to me? The difference is I applied at my own risk which means DIAC never made any promises to me so unlike many of you I do not whine about my lifetime decisions being dependent on DIAC but obviously some of you do. You just acknowledged that people have lifetime decisions to make...so they should make them. DIAC is not stopping them.

4. My approach is positive..continue with life as is and make decisions based on what is certain rather than what is uncertain. If that uncertainty changes later, well, new decisions can be made if for example my 176 FS application is actually processed and approved but at this point I have no clue when that will happen if at all and I accept that as reality without complaint.

Edited by westwoodwizard

If you are a computing professional, wasn't there another category for you to have applied during the last four years once you realized the major changes made?

My application was almost processed in 2010. we submitted PCC, medicals also some time in march, Diac announced some freeze onprocessing during that time and after that they put my application in P5. After all the money spent why would I apply again ? Was hoping they would look at my application anytime. BTW, health requirements shows, finalized on their status portal, and no update since 2010.

may be this year DIAC will attempt to finish their work properly.

my friends/colleagues who applied beginning of this year have already got their PR's.

Hi guys, I propose that we all jointly write to DIBP. If everyone ok, we shall go ahead. It would be a decent letter with all logics in place and explaining our plight. Infact eg. quoted by dyanne is a perfect one...

awaiting suggestions.

Regards,

Abhay

Dear Abhay

Some of us did write to the minister for immigration in the last government and got replies asking us to wait as the elections are going to take place and then a clear policy will be announced, and no definite date of when to expect 176 to start. but it was a good sign because i know they did look into my file as they replied to my agent while I had written to them directly and sent the email to both me and the agent. so the only way they could have known about my agent would have been after checking my details in their records.

Let us write to them again, i am pasting the link to the post in this thread where we discussed it in July/August. a draft is there for those interested in using some help but please remember IT WAS ADDRESSED TO THE EX-MINITER, NOT THE CURRECT ONE SO PLEASE CHANGE THE NAME AND DON'T SEND IT TO THE WEBSITE AND EMAIL ADDRESS OF TONY BURKE JUST BECASUE YOU SEE IT WRITTEN THERE.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/118718-new-category-5s-where-you-now-111.html#post1936278012

post #8902

thanks and keep posting updates everyone!

You don't have to retake IELTS.

Have you got CO yet? I think most 886FS (2009)

have got their visa granted....

I applied in May 2009, and visa was granted in May, 22 2013

hi mate...just need a info... did u applied paper based or online...coz my agent applied through paper on july 09.... which was pretty absurd,,,,we didnt know abt it.. anyway do u know 886 is still going on or stoped again....

Hi abhay, refer my signature and provide me with your detailed timeline, so that I can add the same with the list of 176 applicants available with us. Cheers

Hi Bull,

Request if you can add my details in spread sheet:

Visa subclass 176 family sponsored, priority group 5

Aug 2009

marketing professional

india

current location also India

paper application

offshore

through agent

no response yet, had written this year to minister of immi., received standard reply as posted by other members

Thanks

Hi Guys,

There was an online petition signed by applicants in October 2009 by the applicants, after the changes were announced due to which many of the applicants were effected. Pls refer this link for details http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php/topic/26132-please-sign-the-petition-to-diac/

Though there was no effect of this at that moment, http://blog.visabureau.com/post/frustrated-australia-visa-applicants-sign-online-petition-to-protest-diac.aspx but we can again try with new government formed, explaining our plight.

Awaiting suggestions.

Hi all

Just spoke to the immigration to check if a case officer has been allocated, the person that i spoke to advised that he is sending an emailsent an email, so a case officer can be allocated, because i applied in october and the table shows processing application in december 2009. bit of hope

886 FS applied October 2009

applied 885 14/11/2011(cook---based on one year experience)

on 5/10/13 received email from DIBP, that i can go ahead and provide the pending documents(medicals) as my file expected to allocated in next 12 months.

CO allocated(team8) 12/11/2013

asked for form 1221, submitted on same day

got grant notification on 15/11/2013

I strongly believe 885 applications will be cleared by end of this year.(personal assumption)

i wish everyone good luck. thank u to all 885 applicants on this forum for all information they shared in recent times. its was helpful to anticipate progress of my own application.

I applied on 11/6/2011.

All docs have been submitted whatever CO requested, STILL NO REPLY