New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You bring some hope to us 176ers itsbeen6... This indicates 176 is moving, albeit slowly and picking pace from 2007 (somewhere atleast!!)

Congrats itsbeen6... :) Party hard.... Cheers

Thanks!!! Still contemplating what would be the next step, we might move there by June 2014 if all falls into proper places. :)

Hi Guys, Just want to share with you that I belong to Cat 5 as well with 176 VS-RS and belongs to Computing Professional (nec). I lodged my application December 2007, last August 30, 2013 I got an email from diac informing me about case officer and asking for additional documents. It took me 1.5 months to provide all necessary documents. Yesterday I got an email from my CO confirming that the last document that I sent has been received. And just this morning I got an email from DIAC, it is a Grant Letter for me and for my family!!!

Its been 6 years and finally the waiting is over.

Congrats! you are the first 176 FS cat 5 that i have come across who got a CO and now a grant. Finally! i has started to feel dejected becasue more than half of Nov had passed and nothing was moving while some members had given us hope with inside info that they will start us soon.

Can you tell more details of your case please.

Which country are you from?

When did the CO ask for Med and PCC?

How long after submitting did you get the grant?

Thanks a lot and congratd once again.

Congrats! you are the first 176 FS cat 5 that i have come across who got a CO and now a grant. Finally! i has started to feel dejected becasue more than half of Nov had passed and nothing was moving while some members had given us hope with inside info that they will start us soon.

Can you tell more details of your case please.

How long after submitting did you get the grant?

Thanks a lot and congratd once again.

Thanks here are the answers to your Questions.

from Philippines but moved in Singapore 2 years ago.

Initial contact happened August 30, 2013 - 2 weeks after my 1 week vacation in Sydney

How long after submitting did you get the grant? - I submitted my last document PCC-SG October 4, 2013 (this one took a while) then I got an email November 14, 2013 stating that the last document has been received and will be processing further, then the following day I got the grant.

Hope this helps.

I applied under 176 FS in 2010 under an agent.

The agent has now retired and I am not sure if he even check his emails!

If there are emails with regards to our visa application, I am concerned that our agent may overlook.

Can someone advise what we can do?

Thanks folks!

I applied under 176 FS in 2010 under an agent.

The agent has now retired and I am not sure if he even check his emails!

If there are emails with regards to our visa application, I am concerned that our agent may overlook.

Can someone advise what we can do?

Thanks folks!

I one wrote to DIAC to check if I can directly communicate with them. I have also lodged through an agent. This is what DIAC (DIBP) says:

If you no longer want this person to act on your behalf then you need to advise the department in writing. Form 956 Advice by a migration agent/exempt person of providing immigration assistance or Form 956A Appointment or withdrawal of Authorised Recipient should be used for this purpose, depending on your circumstances. Both forms are available from our website at

<http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/956.pdf>

<http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/956a.pdf>

Please be advised if you end the appointment of your migration agent and would like to authorise an email address to communicate with you will be required to complete Form 1193 Communicating by e-mail with the department. This form is available on our website at

<http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1193.pdf>

To attach documents to your application please scan and email to gsm.documents@immi.gov.au

For any further enquiries about the application you have lodged please refer to our website using the following link http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/post.htm

Hi Guys, Just want to share with you that I belong to Cat 5 as well with 176 VS-RS and belongs to Computing Professional (nec). I lodged my application December 2007, last August 30, 2013 I got an email from diac informing me about case officer and asking for additional documents. It took me 1.5 months to provide all necessary documents. Yesterday I got an email from my CO confirming that the last document that I sent has been received. And just this morning I got an email from DIAC, it is a Grant Letter for me and for my family!!!

Congrats man.. This is great news!!! 176 is actually moving! Dec 2007 already got a grant, so I guess we 2008ers should be getting a CO in this financial year hopefully!!

And are there other 176ers in this forum who applied early 2008? Maybe they got a CO as well?

Hi shirishcharo, Hearty congrats and best wishes, just want to know ....were you Family sponsored? I am from 176 cat 5, FS lodged in Aug 2009.

Thanks & Regards

I hope this news is true. This is already too much. They can take time,but at least they should tell us when are we going to be processed because people has to make important lifetime decisions.

We applied in April 2009 for the family sponsored 176 visa...wish I had went onto Google to learn that major changes were coming. So, I too have no clue when if at all the application will be processed but I will say this.

DIAC like any other immigration agency of a sovereign nation has not made any promises to you that you will get a visa even if they process your application...they could reject you. Should they be ethical about their practices? Absolutely. On the other hand, they have not asked you to put your life on hold or make lifetime decisions based on your application for a visa to them. That is your own doing so you applied at your own risk just as we did.

Hi shirishcharo, Hearty congrats and best wishes, just want to know ....were you Family sponsored? I am from 176 cat 5, FS lodged in Aug 2009.

Thanks & Regards

Hey abhay, congrats to "itsbeen6" who got a grant, not me lol!! I applied 176 in Aug 2008, still waiting, just like you. But itsbeen6 got a CO in Aug this year and got a grant a few days back. He applied in Dec 2007, so we know that 176 is finally moving!

We applied in April 2009 for the family sponsored 176 visa...wish I had went onto Google to learn that major changes were coming. So, I too have no clue when if at all the application will be processed but I will say this.

DIAC like any other immigration agency of a sovereign nation has not made any promises to you that you will get a visa even if they process your application...they could reject you. Should they be ethical about their practices? Absolutely. On the other hand, they have not asked you to put your life on hold or make lifetime decisions based on your application for a visa to them. That is your own doing so you applied at your own risk just as we did.

They may not have asked us to put our life on hold, but at the time of my application (May 2008) there was an official information about maximum processing times. It was 12 months for low risk countries and 18 months for high risk countries. They assumed it, so for me it was a promise. I applied and paid the fee based on this information. I thought that 18 months will be a reasonable time to keep all the things the same (the same job, the same apartment, limit shopping for goods to a minimum). Unfortunately, here I am 5,5 years later, still waiting.

For me, the right and ethic thing to do would have been DIBP to say to 2007-2008 applicants (priorities list came into force in January 2009): "we will not be able to process you within 18 months and we have no clue when it will be. If you want to withdraw your application, we will reimburse the fee". At least I would have felt that it was my choice to wait.

It feels like being in a train station, purchasing a ticket for a train which will leave in 1,5 hours and after, there is an announcement that the train will take only the passengers with a a specific serial number of their tickets. The rest, will have to wait for another train but they have no information when it will come. If the passengers want to cancel the trip, too bad, no money will be reimbursed.

After 5,5 years of waiting (and still not over) I refuse to consider anymore the possibility they might refuse my visa. It would be too sad.

Mr Westwoodwizard first of all I applied because of the rules that were in affect at that time. Not because of the rules of Google.

Secondly I do't know what is your problem. DIAC is responsible for this sh!t happening. I have spent more than 3000$ at the time of applying, I have spent my $2000 worth of time during the application procedure with the intention of reuniting with my family.

and yes people have to make lifetime decisions of raising family, buying home , settle down in careers . If its not important to you does not means its not important to others. I have not applied at any risk I have applied to immigrate, rest is upto there discretion ,whatever decision they make . Timely decision make me focus on where I want to spent rest of my life.

and thanks for such a negative approach.

applied 885 14/11/2011(cook---based on one year experience)

on 5/10/13 received email from DIBP, that i can go ahead and provide the pending documents(medicals) as my file expected to allocated in next 12 months.

CO allocated(team8) 12/11/2013

asked for form 1221, submitted on same day

got grant notification on 15/11/2013

I strongly believe 885 applications will be cleared by end of this year.(personal assumption)

i wish everyone good luck. thank u to all 885 applicants on this forum for all information they shared in recent times. its was helpful to anticipate progress of my own application.

And are there other 176ers in this forum who applied early 2008? Maybe they got a CO as well?

you can check this link in the signature of Bull and will have an idea of others in 176 FS, we are trying to keep a list of 176 FS, so new members can write their details on this thread and they will be added so that we all can keep track of things once they start moving.

BULL: I hope you are adding the new ones to the list because i have stopped doing so since you took over! thanks!

I'm done submitting all required docs i.e. medicals, pcc, employment evidence, etc to CO. Now, i'll just have to wait for CO's reply!

For those who got granted PR, can you check your PR info online?

Reason for asking is i applied thru an agent and do not get emails from CO about my status.

They may not have asked us to put our life on hold, but at the time of my application (May 2008) there was an official information about maximum processing times. It was 12 months for low risk countries and 18 months for high risk countries. They assumed it, so for me it was a promise. I applied and paid the fee based on this information. I thought that 18 months will be a reasonable time to keep all the things the same (the same job, the same apartment, limit shopping for goods to a minimum). Unfortunately, here I am 5,5 years later, still waiting.

For me, the right and ethic thing to do would have been DIBP to say to 2007-2008 applicants (priorities list came into force in January 2009): "we will not be able to process you within 18 months and we have no clue when it will be. If you want to withdraw your application, we will reimburse the fee". At least I would have felt that it was my choice to wait.

It feels like being in a train station, purchasing a ticket for a train which will leave in 1,5 hours and after, there is an announcement that the train will take only the passengers with a a specific serial number of their tickets. The rest, will have to wait for another train but they have no information when it will come. If the passengers want to cancel the trip, too bad, no money will be reimbursed.

After 5,5 years of waiting (and still not over) I refuse to consider anymore the possibility they might refuse my visa. It would be too sad.

TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU !! A Very good point...wish it could be conveyed to the relevant people who is in control of this big mess !

Congrats man.. This is great news!!! 176 is actually moving! Dec 2007 already got a grant, so I guess we 2008ers should be getting a CO in this financial year hopefully!!

Hi Shirishcharo, refer my signature below and provide me your timeline, so that I can add you up to the list. Cheers

Thanks & Regards

Hi abhay, refer my signature and provide me with your detailed timeline, so that I can add the same with the list of 176 applicants available with us. Cheers

you can check this link in the signature of Bull and will have an idea of others in 176 FS, we are trying to keep a list of 176 FS, so new members can write their details on this thread and they will be added so that we all can keep track of things once they start moving.

BULL: I hope you are adding the new ones to the list because i have stopped doing so since you took over! thanks!

Yes buddy, I've got an eye on that....

Completely agree with you....