New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dint expect this i was thinking they are going to finish processing all applications by 2014 as Gagan said. But the year just started and how they even come up with such a stupid explaination.

Gagan any information on 886 fs from your inside info, If its got be next year mate i will give up and go back to my country. Its so stressful staying way from my wife since marriage and spending for tickets every 3 months.

My patience is running out now, i know for many.

Thanks for keeping posted guys!

same here too...

Guys,

I got the letter asking for more information (form 80, police clearance and health examination )and said my file will get CO in 12 months.

I am 175 applied 25/06/2009.

Just want to let you guys know.

Cheers,

Guys,

I got the letter asking for more information (form 80, police clearance and health examination )and said my file will get CO in 12 months.

Cheers,

Damn 12mth is long even after got a CO.

Guys,

Cheers,

Hi there Kwok,

That's great! I applied 175 on the 7th July 2009, my agent hasn't said anything as yet. I will ask them if they received any e-mail from DIBP today. Just a question, what skill were you assessed under?

Hi there Kwok,

That's great! I applied 175 on the 7th July 2009, my agent hasn't said anything as yet. I will ask them if they received any e-mail from DIBP today. Just a question, what skill were you assessed under?

I applied as Engineer Professional NEC.

Now waiting for the CO. Hopefully it is not that long.

Cheers,

I applied as Engineer Professional NEC.

Now waiting for the CO. Hopefully it is not that long.

Cheers,

Confirmed, I also received that letter! My agent passed on the e-mail.

Holding thumbs now that this doesn't drag on too much longer.

Confirmed, I also received that letter! My agent passed on the e-mail.

Holding thumbs now that this doesn't drag on too much longer.

Same here too bro. We're exactly the same visa class and occupation. But my agent just informed me to wait until there is a CO allocation since PCC and medicals are valid for 1 year.

Congrats all 175s who have recieved a letter, even if it says within 12 months for CO, it at least acknowledges that you guys exist and they need to do something about you too, and no talk of capping too!

Being asked for form 80 without a CO is better than having a CO and not being asked for anything!

Glad to finally find a forum to share the updates of Category 5 applicants.

I applied for 885 in July 2011 (Category 5).

No CO yet. Just got the e-mail today (sent to many) which advised that my application will be considered in the next 12 months and to keep the documents like for Form 80, PC, etc ready meanwhile.

The allocation table updated on the Immi website is not upto date. I can say this as couple of my friends who applied at a much later date (in relation to what appears on the website) in my category already got their PR.

So fingers crossed we don't have to wait another 12months.

is everyone sure there are no change in dates on the update? Are all the dates including for 885 and 175 not changed?

Yes, no change. I am 100% sure they just changed the date from 13 September to 4 October, but they did not touch anything within the table. This week I copied the previous table in my laptop and today when I saw they updated to 4 October, I compared the 2 tables. They are exactly the same!

Glad to finally find a forum to share the updates of Category 5 applicants.

I applied for 885 in July 2011 (Category 5).

No CO yet. Just got the e-mail today (sent to many) which advised that my application will be considered in the next 12 months and to keep the documents like for Form 80, PC, etc ready meanwhile.

The allocation table updated on the Immi website is not upto date. I can say this as couple of my friends who applied at a much later date (in relation to what appears on the website) in my category already got their PR.

So fingers crossed we don't have to wait another 12months.

I agree with this as I know of a friend that applied June 2008 (for visa 175) and she got her visa in Jan this year......so they were further in Jan already

Congrats to all the 175 applicants who received their letters. I applied in May 2010 (176 FS) and I am waiting patiently now in hope that we are going to be processed soon. This forum is wonderful and I now check in here first for news before going to the DIBP site because I know we are all checking their site regularly and share any updates here.

I am so excited that there is finally progress after so many years of being left in the dark. Please keep sharing your news.

@South African...you are not the only one on here ; ) I'm in Durban where are you?

Edited by Celeste