New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Aasha please advise me I am sub class 496 ap in 29 th of aug,and I would like to know form 1277 apply to our sub class?thanks

Relax guys.....if co is asking for it then just fill it out, it is only a form that need to be filled out and signed by the sponsor.

It is not a big deal isn't it>:rolleyes:

Relax guys.....if co is asking for it then just fill it out, it is only a form that need to be filled out and signed by the sponsor.

It is not a big deal isn't it>:rolleyes:

Well well I have a fall out with my relative sponsor with my 886, my uncle sponsored me back in 2009. I dont think he will be bothered to sign another form again... Probably already forgot about it... Now is it that hard to change FS sponsor? Will be hard for me to get form 1277 again from him..

R

Hi going through the link i think all family sponsored with have to fill the same so it applies to 496 too. Before rushing to do anything wait for CO. No need to rush forward with everything. We dont know the pace they will progress at.

Dear Rahul I checked the form it's clearly says only for 487 and 886 only how can you say it's for all family sponsored applicants how do you get the info? Please check

Well well I have a fall out with my relative sponsor with my 886, my uncle sponsored me back in 2009. I dont think he will be bothered to sign another form again... Probably already forgot about it... Now is it that hard to change FS sponsor? Will be hard for me to get form 1277 again from him..

Hmmm this does raise an interesting question...what happens if a sponsor withdraws his sponsorship?

Hmmm this does raise an interesting question...what happens if a sponsor withdraws his sponsorship?

If a sponsor withdraws sponsorship prior to the completion of the processing of a visa application, it will be deemed invalid and rejected.

I got my case officer on 19 march 2013. I applied under 886 fs on 3/4/09. I am just waiting on my police check Australian AFP.... Can anyone advise if my sponsor will also be asked to fill up form 1277 again. Have all the case officers asked for that from the 886 applicants? My co is from team 23

R

Dear Rahul I checked the form it's clearly says only for 487 and 886 only how can you say it's for all family sponsored applicants how do you get the info? Please check

At the time our daughter applied for a 475 FS visa, in 2008, form 1277 was required and we filled it out at that time. She did an online application and we did an online sponsorship at the same time.

It may well be that this form is no longer required for new applications but I'm pretty sure older ones stuck in Category 5 will still have to fill it out and have it signed by the sponsor.

Personally, if you haven't done one already, I would just wait and see if the CO still requests it when you get allocated.

Cheers, Kazza

If your uncle already signed it and it was submitted at the time of application, you shouldn't have to fill another one out. Otherwise they would be asking for new proof of every downloaded document.

If it wan't done at the time, you may have to grovel really hard :)

Edited by Kazzarazza

If your uncle already signed it and it was submitted at the time of application, you shouldn't have to fill another one out. Otherwise they would be asking for new proof of every downloaded document.

If it wan't done at the time, you may have to grovel really hard :)

Hi kazza, yes this form 1277 was submitted back in 2009. It's just a surprise that some co are asking for it again? What for? So that co can make sure the sponsor is still ready to sponsor after this many years? Kinda sucks, means more paperwork... I did my med and police check in advance 3 months ago for my 10/2009, 886. So I thought I'm all set... Looks like we have to resubmit some files we already submitted.

Hi kazza, yes this form 1277 was submitted back in 2009. It's just a surprise that some co are asking for it again? What for? So that co can make sure the sponsor is still ready to sponsor after this many years? Kinda sucks, means more paperwork... I did my med and police check in advance 3 months ago for my 10/2009, 886. So I thought I'm all set... Looks like we have to resubmit some files we already submitted.

OMG.....stop worrying please.

As I said wait for the CO. If they asked one then filled it in and ask your relative to sign it.

It is not someone else, it is our RELATIVE.........Why would he or she do not want to sign it again????? (providing

he/she is a genuine relative:rolleyes:).

Hi every one,

I am new here in this forum. I have a question about subclass 175 priority group 5. We lodged our application in 24th July 2008. Main applicant is my wife. Then I achieved scholarship from Griffith University and we moved to Brisbane 7 months ago. My wife's sister is a citizen here in Australia and she is the sponsor for our application. There is no news from DIAC for our application. I went two times to Brisbane office and they told me that I am expected to wait to be allocated a case officer. Anyone one has any idea about the progress of the updates in allocation date table for subclass 175? Moreover, I am wondering if we need to do a security and medical check again. We did it 7 months ago for student visa. Admin, can you add me to the table please?

Best Regards,

Hi every one,

I am new here in this forum. I have a question about subclass 175 priority group 5. We lodged our application in 24th July 2008. Main applicant is my wife. Then I achieved scholarship from Griffith University and we moved to Brisbane 7 months ago. My wife's sister is a citizen here in Australia and she is the sponsor for our application. There is no news from DIAC for our application. I went two times to Brisbane office and they told me that I am expected to wait to be allocated a case officer. Anyone one has any idea about the progress of the updates in allocation date table for subclass 175? Moreover, I am wondering if we need to do a security and medical check again. We did it 7 months ago for student visa. Admin, can you add me to the table please?

Best Regards,

If I am not mistaken,for subclass 175 you don't need any sponsor as it is skilled-independent subclass.

I am seriously contemplating converting my 176 FS (priority 5, applied in Nov 2009) application to a 175 independent. Can anyone help me with what needs to be done and also if my case will be assessed against the old points test (120) or the new points test (65). Moreover, will my application date be Nov 2009 (when i originally applied) or will it be Apr 2013 (assuming that I make the change in April).

Any help and input will be greatly appreciated.

I am seriously contemplating converting my 176 FS (priority 5, applied in Nov 2009) application to a 175 independent. Can anyone help me with what needs to be done and also if my case will be assessed against the old points test (120) or the new points test (65). Moreover, will my application date be Nov 2009 (when i originally applied) or will it be Apr 2013 (assuming that I make the change in April).

We cannot answer this for you - please contact a certified Migration Agent on this.

Completely understand that the best and most reliable option is to contact a Migration Agent. However, hoping that someone on this forum has gone down the same track; I posted this question here. Hope to hear from someone based on their experience if this is worth it and if there is any benefit in doing so. Rest assured I will not hold anyone accountable if things do go as planned for me . . . :)

Completely understand that the best and most reliable option is to contact a Migration Agent. However, hoping that someone on this forum has gone down the same track; I posted this question here. Hope to hear from someone based on their experience if this is worth it and if there is any benefit in doing so. Rest assured I will not hold anyone accountable if things do go as planned for me . . . :)

Apologies if I sounded tad bit harsh there Richard, every case of 176 to 175 change and whatever repercussion (both positive and negative) would strictly be case-by-case basis. If you are able to change from 176 to 175 to begin with (which I would recommend MARA agent regardless of people here having an experience or not) rule of thumb is that you will be assess under point test valid at the time of your original application. Having said this, THIS TOO will have to be verified by MARA agent and DIAC representative.

This sound full of crap and negativeness I know. Hang in there and all the best to you mate.

Thanks,

No worries zionking. Appreciate your response. I anyways plan to speak to a Migration Agent before I go down that route. Just confused which path to take

1. Hang in there and continue waiting for the 176 FS to come through

2. Do something about it and change to 175 or reapply completely afresh

One day i think its best to hold on and just wait and the next I'm on the other side of the river. . . :)..

The process of converting 176 to 175 should be like the one of converting from 886 to 885, you will have to meet the points applicable at that time, with all the qualifications and experience points that you can show till the date you applied (10/09). I really don't know if converting to 175 would be of any help because they too are moving very slow, even though they don't have a limit of 4200 like us. Frankly, it seem a bit unlikely that our dates (I am 09/09) of late 2009 FS applicants will be reached before July but the positive side (we need to keep looking at the glass as half full!) is that after that there will be fewer FS applicants left so our turn should come in the financial year 2013-2014. so you need to first know if you had that much point at the time of applying in 2009 to be considered as 175 and this will not be a new application so your application date will remain 10/09.

But a good Migration Agent can of course give you the best advice. If you can convert, i guess you can (I am avoiding saying should here because i feel you are best suited to take the best decision and not be influenced by anyone) give it a try as it is waiting in both cases and if it is not going to cost you a lot - why make the Oz immi richer if it is a matter of just a few months.

Good luck,

Edited by Arshad

"The process of converting 176 to 175 should be like the one of converting 866 to 855............................"

I believe Arshad means to say, converting 176 to 175 should be like converting from 886 to 885!

Oops! you are right, i said it the other way round! from 886 to 885! thanks...

Edited by Arshad

Oops! you are right, i said it the other way round! from 866 to 855! thanks...

no....he is talking about 886....not 866 and 885.........855.You had same mistake in link provided in your signature.:err:

Edited by saras712

no....he is talking about 886....not 866 and 885.........855.You had same mistake in link provided in your signature.:err:

Ok my mind isn't working this morning....... this is what happens when you wait for more than 3.5 years and still see no light at the end of the tunnel! yes it IS converting from 886 FS to 885! got the digit wrong!