New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

885 is too far ahead, should let others catch up. It's fairer this way... But nothing is fair these days...

Who knows what fairer!!!! each and everyone of us have reasons.... "885 too far ahead" c'mon Hery!!! asked those onshore applicant what is it like to be on Bringing Visa and being onshore 6 year+ or student visa or similar

Great to see the old Priority 4 groups have now finished. Hope that everyone gets their visa asap.

I don't think that 885 will stop, there are 40000+ places for independent category. If it has or slowed down, then the new financial year is 3 months away and there will be another 40000+ places. Before last week F5 886 had been on hold for more than a year stuck on 22 Dec 2008.

Best wishes everyone :biggrin:

Guest arthurbian
Gagan was only reliable source of information for us. Let him come to this forum again. Let his information come regarding 885.

G4 already cleared from last update

hi guys urgently need help. Case officer requested medical checks from myself (main applicant) and my wife, the problem is my wife is 1 month pregnant, and I think she will not be allowed to have X ray test. is this true?. my other question will decision on my application stays on hold until my baby birth which then my wife can have her medical test? or they can process my application and my wife turn comes later after birth? please I need help

She asked for updated Form 80, and as our situation has been chenged, she asked for some payslips and many other documets that the translation in Australia costs us $3000 AUD..... She asked October and we gave her everything. Since then we are waiting for her to ask Medical and PCC which would be the last steps. THe Laywer Reckons we are in Security check..... He Send e-mail to the CO and she replyed your application is under process. I'm So tired and Confused since 2008. :( Waiting everyday for CO to ask us MEdical and PCC.......

I'm From Iran...

By the way, Congratulation on your visa :) Pray for us :D

Thank u very much.Just take it easy and keep ur self busy in ur work.Hopefully, u will get ur PR soon.

hi guys urgently need help. Case officer requested medical checks from myself (main applicant) and my wife, the problem is my wife is 1 month pregnant, and I think she will not be allowed to have X ray test. is this true?. my other question will decision on my application stays on hold until my baby birth which then my wife can have her medical test? or they can process my application and my wife turn comes later after birth? please I need help

I am afraid the answer is YES Sam.

Who knows what fairer!!!! each and everyone of us have reasons.... "885 too far ahead" c'mon Hery!!! asked those onshore applicant what is it like to be on Bringing Visa and being onshore 6 year+ or student visa or similar

Sorry for the confusion, what I really mean is that 885 much further ahead than 886... As I am 886 myself October 2009, and I am on bridging visa myself for a long time.. I feel 885 cat5 should slow down a bit and let 886 catch up... I mean we are all onshore anyway, but 885 is nearly 1 and a half year ahead of 886??? But this is diac decision anyway, Im just airing my opinion...

Sam, From reading forums about pregnant mothers. Looks like you have to let your CO know that your wife is pregnant and let the CO know when the baby is due, then I think your CO will delay your application until your baby is born and then your wife and baby can do health check. If all are ok then the visa grant.. Im sure this is the usual process, from what I read.. Im sure your CO can give you advice. So yeah give your CO a call...

Edited by Hery

hi guys urgently need help. Case officer requested medical checks from myself (main applicant) and my wife, the problem is my wife is 1 month pregnant, and I think she will not be allowed to have X ray test. is this true?. my other question will decision on my application stays on hold until my baby birth which then my wife can have her medical test? or they can process my application and my wife turn comes later after birth? please I need help[/quote

your wife can't have X-ray until after baby is born, your application will be put on hold until she has baby. I know this as I have had a baby and asked my agent the same question. All the best!

Hi Sam when did you apply which category visa you are mate thanks

Hi Sam..congrats first of all...now with your wife no DOCTOR says you can't have XRay done while pregnant...Doctors put a protective covering (Lead Apron) now around mother's stomach so XRay can't do any damage.

Do google mate..there are numerous threads on internet around XRays for pregnant

"QUESTION: I am pregnant and had a chest x ray. A lead apron was used as protection. Will this harm my baby?

ANSWER: Radiation dose to the embryo from a chest x ray, using modern technology, is extremely small. It is, in fact, too small to measure with most instruments. It is certainly no more than the dose received in a couple of days from unavoidable naturally occurring environmental radiation (commonly called background). Although no one can state unequivocally that there is no possibility of ill effects from this small dose, the probability of such effects is extremely remote. Every person gets the natural environmental radiation dose every day.

S. Julian Gibbs, DDS, PhD "

Great to see the old Priority 4 groups have now finished. Hope that everyone gets their visa asap.

I don't think that 885 will stop, there are 40000+ places for independent category. If it has or slowed down, then the new financial year is 3 months away and there will be another 40000+ places. Before last week F5 886 had been on hold for more than a year stuck on 22 Dec 2008.

Best wishes everyone :biggrin:

It is not possible to predict with any certainty, the number of skilled independent places that will be available in the next program year at this stage. This program year is the largest one in Australia's history (a total of 190,000 places), hence the 45,500 places for the skilled independent category. Whether next year's program will be this large is an open question (especially with the possible change of government). 885 applicants will have to compete with sub class 189 applicants who are also included in the skilled independent category for the places allocated for the next program year. 189 applicants have the highest processing priority and as per DIAC's Facebook page, each 189 application takes up a minimum of 2 places.

Sorry for the confusion, what I really mean is that 885 much further ahead than 886... As I am 886 myself October 2009, and I am on bridging visa myself for a long time.. I feel 885 cat5 should slow down a bit and let 886 catch up... I mean we are all onshore anyway, but 885 is nearly 1 and a half year ahead of 886??? But this is diac decision anyway, Im just airing my opinion...

Hi Hery, please don't be sorry... appreciate your comment and of course you can air your opinion. I'm sure you do understand the inconveniences around the entangled visas crisis....whichever subclass we'll have to there. cheers :)

Hi Sam..congrats first of all...now with your wife no DOCTOR says you can't have XRay done while pregnant...Doctors put a protective covering (Lead Apron) now around mother's stomach so XRay can't do any damage.

Do google mate..there are numerous threads on internet around XRays for pregnant

"QUESTION: I am pregnant and had a chest x ray. A lead apron was used as protection. Will this harm my baby?

ANSWER: Radiation dose to the embryo from a chest x ray, using modern technology, is extremely small. It is, in fact, too small to measure with most instruments. It is certainly no more than the dose received in a couple of days from unavoidable naturally occurring environmental radiation (commonly called background). Although no one can state unequivocally that there is no possibility of ill effects from this small dose, the probability of such effects is extremely remote. Every person gets the natural environmental radiation dose every day.

S. Julian Gibbs, DDS, PhD "

thanks Ricky and all of you, its true there is no real evidence that x ray can harm the baby, but will the medical centre let me do the xray test or not? that's the big question. I ll try to call them tomorrow and see what they advise as well I ll contact my case officer. this life is funny after waiting for over 4 years for CO, now I have one but I can not go ahead with my checks.... but at the end my baby is worth to me than anything in life. we ll see what will happen... thank you guys