New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't bother calling these uninformed/ill-informed dumb operators! In a same day I tested it by calling 3 times at different time-points n the answers were out of this world. Though there are some who are helpful in terms of info they provide but most of the times it is a waste of time n effort, n demoralising. So just ignore them and rather focus on these forum updates or allocation table updates which are more real-time n accurate...........

You're spot on Josh78. Most of these operators seem to be clueless about the inner workings of DIAC processing centers. Three days prior to getting my PR, I called DIAC and was told that it is unlikely that anymore P5, 885 applications will be processed this financial year. Yet three days later, I got an email from a Team 08 CO requesting medicals and the PCCs and I was granted my PR in less than 3 hours of the submission of those documents. I was so tempted to call DIAC again and tell the operator to "go suck on that".

[TABLE=class: tableborder]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][TABLE=class: tableborder]

[TR]

[TD]496 Skilled – Designated Area Sponsored [/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]All applications allocated[/TD]

[TD]4 August 2006* [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Strange cause as i recall the earlierst applicants left are from August 2007 and they had finished with July 2007 before they made the changes. [/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

one of my friend applied on May 2009,886 FS got CO yesterday....he is an online applicant....

What the F**k DIAC is doing.......??? I lodged my application on-line back on 11 May 2009, haven't heard anything from them. Yet my friend's

brother who applied on-line (FS 886) on September 2009 has been granted his PR on January 2013. Go to hell DIAC............

What the F**k DIAC is doing.......??? I lodged my application on-line back on 11 May 2009, haven't heard anything from them. Yet my friend's

brother who applied on-line (FS 886) on September 2009 has been granted his PR on January 2013. Go to hell DIAC............

I applied in Mar 2008 (176-FS, 2299-79), not a word from DIAC!! And the weird thing is that I am still hoping!! :cry:

You're spot on Josh78. Most of these operators seem to be clueless about the inner workings of DIAC processing centers. Three days prior to getting my PR, I called DIAC and was told that it is unlikely that anymore P5, 885 applications will be processed this financial year. Yet three days later, I got an email from a Team 08 CO requesting medicals and the PCCs and I was granted my PR in less than 3 hours of the submission of those documents. I was so tempted to call DIAC again and tell the operator to "go suck on that".

Hi Roper , who is the CO that you got assigned if I may ask?

I had a team 8 co allocated as well, but am still waiting for a response.

thanks

Hi Roper , who is the CO that you got assigned if I may ask?

I had a team 8 co allocated as well, but am still waiting for a response.

thanks

Hello,

His first name was Robert (can't divulge the last name for obvious reasons). Team 08 used to be the fastest CO team at DIAC handling mainly LR applications. However things seem to have changed lately.

very uplifting to hear from u.as u say the operator really sucked.after waiting for 35 minutes in the queue it cant be more deflating than when the person on the other end of the line just asks what cat u r and immediately says that its not possible this year. i then asked him whether he wants my case id or file number in order to check anyway.he said no. i had to insist atleast 2/3 times before he noted it down and then parroted immediately within a few seconds the same old answer(impossible he could checked my file so fast). i asked him if there is any chance of increasing the places from 4200 for FS, as they did last yr and he was again at it blurting out the usual answer. thanks roper, ur case proves what dumb nuts these operators can be.

Hi, I got CO from team 31 on 27/02/13. I submitted all required docs next day ... Since den I haven't received any reply .... I don't know wats wrong wit team 31. Can tell me first or last name of ur CO...plzzz

My case is exactly similar to you .....my TR finishes in last week of April same as my wife.. If I didn't get PR ... My wife has to leave Australia....

waiting for ur reply

thks

I got CO from team 31 as well.. 4th week now and nothing has moved at all. He hasn't asked for anything and he hasn't checked anything.

Hi, I got CO from team 31 on 27/02/13. I submitted all required docs next day ... Since den I haven't received any reply .... I don't know wats wrong wit team 31. Can tell me first or last name of ur CO...plzzz

My case is exactly similar to you .....my TR finishes in last week of April same as my wife.. If I didn't get PR ... My wife has to leave Australia....

waiting for ur reply

thks

very uplifting to hear from u.as u say the operator really sucked.after waiting for 35 minutes in the queue it cant be more deflating than when the person on the other end of the line just asks what cat u r and immediately says that its not possible this year. i then asked him whether he wants my case id or file number in order to check anyway.he said no. i had to insist atleast 2/3 times before he noted it down and then parroted immediately within a few seconds the same old answer(impossible he could checked my file so fast). i asked him if there is any chance of increasing the places from 4200 for FS, as they did last yr and he was again at it blurting out the usual answer. thanks roper, ur case proves what dumb nuts these operators can be.

These "operators" are actually the front desk staff at the processing centre on Curry street in Adelaide (Been there so I know). Since they are not the case officers who handle the applications, they won't be able to tell the callers anything accurate without actually looking things up on their system, for which they need the caller's file ID. Unfortunately it seems that most of these "operators" are reluctant or too lazy to do that and don't even bother asking the callers for their file ID. They just blurt out something and try to end the calls as quickly as possible. So don't be disheartened by what just one of those so called operators told you.

waiting for ur reply

thks

Hi Akash

Whats your time line.......?

[TABLE=class: tableborder]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][TABLE=class: tableborder]

[TR]

[TD]496 Skilled – Designated Area Sponsored[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]All applications allocated[/TD]

[TD]4 August 2006*[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Strange cause as i recall the earlierst applicants left are from August 2007 and they had finished with July 2007 before they made the changes.[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I remember in the past DIAC mentioned in their web update that the oldest application for 496/cat5 is July 2005

hi parissa

i submitted all requested docs in dec 2012, i got the reply from global health authorities that they are finalizing medicals form late nov 2012 application and mine can take number of weeks, i think you should get the good new pretty soon

175, april 2008

any news from 175 people, lodged in 2008?

I'm still waiting to hear from CO after providing all requested docs since Nov 2012..... I've lodged my paper from high Risk Country. But I'm living in Australia now with Student visa for about 2yrs.