You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

mlsdq

New Category 5's - Where are you now?

I just checked the new South Ausralia SMP list and saw corporate general manager in list. Please correct me do we need to lodge whole new application with DIAC or I can just apply with South Ausralia and be in priority 3 instead priority 5.

Thanks

Guest ivyc10
No it is just an email I received with the letterhead of DIAC. I don't think you will find another source on the net. But if you're in cat 5, you will probably receive it soon.

Hi!Freimann~

My agent told me that all applicants of cat5 could not receive this e-mail until now.

Therefore,you may be a chosen person if all applicants of cat5 don`t receive this e-mail.

cheers......

Here are my details

Name Tilak

Date August 2008, 176 Family sponsor, offshore Corporate General Manager, India

If i could be part of hope full list....

Thanks

Hi,

please provide your complete timeline

thanks

here are our details

TRA July 08 hairdresser passed

APP OCT 08

WA SS Dec 09

Screwed over by DIAC everytime they change rules

Chris

hello

can you provide me your complete timeline?

thanks

5. “Off List” Sponsorship

5.1 Immigration SA is able to sponsor a limited number of skilled applicants for occupations that are not included on the South Australia’s List of Occupations for State Sponsorship – July 2011 but appear on DIAC’s Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 1 and 2 : www.immi.gov.au/skilled/sol/.

5.2 Off-list sponsorship is limited to applicants who are recent international students, who studied at a South Australian institution and where this study meets the DIAC two year study requirement.

AND

5.2.1 Have a legitimate job offer of at least 6 months (into the future) in South Australia in a skilled occupation; AND have commenced working in that occupation; AND continue to reside in South Australia; AND

5.2.2 Have met general work experience requirement (see 7. Work Experience below) of which at least 50% has been achieved in South Australia; OR have completed a PHD or Masters by Research program with a South Australian educational institution.

5.3 Note that the Work Experience Waiver may not be used with the “Off-List” waiver.

5.4 Note that planning levels apply to all “Off List” occupations and their availability for sponsorship is subject to change.

Nice try. I went to thier office about 6 months ago personally with intention to move to Adelaide for good. The lady I spoke to was the most unfriendliest person I have ever spoken to. And I am happy I did not move there as they changed their conditions and only offer places to onshore exstudents now.

When will these people get it that it is wise to get the smart ones?

Nice try. I went to thier office about 6 months ago personally with intention to move to Adelaide for good. The lady I spoke to was the most unfriendliest person I have ever spoken to. And I am happy I did not move there as they changed their conditions and only offer places to onshore exstudents now.

When will these people get it that it is wise to get the smart ones?

Are you implying that you are the "smart one" ?

Applied GSM 885 - 06/08/2009 (CAT 4) :: ACS Reassessment (Successful) :: Sent reassessment to DIAC - 02/06/2011 :: CAT 3 confirmation - 15/06/2011 (through PLE) :: CO Allocated - 05/07/2011 :: All docs submitted - 01/09/2011 :: Visa Grant 12/09/2011:jiggy:

i dont understand. why do they limit only to onshores while there are pending sponsored applicants from offshore?

i dont understand if DIAC considers offlist to move to cat 3

or whatever

Guest jackd
so it means im not moved to cat 3???

Hi, mlsdq

I have same question like you, Please any one confirm me.

I am state sponseed SA, My nominated occupation is in SA SMP but it is offlist Criteria.

Am i eligible for Cat 3?????

Regard's

jackd:notworthy:

well

i sent an enquiry to DIAC, i want to confirm from their office that i move to cat 3. i hate speculating already.

ill post the reply here so we will know ok?

thanks

Guest jackd
well

i sent an enquiry to DIAC, i want to confirm from their office that i move to cat 3. i hate speculating already.

ill post the reply here so we will know ok?

thanks

Hi, mlsdq

Thank's dear anxiously waiting fo your replay..

jackd:notworthy:

My enquiry:

I got your reply and based from the link it says:

PRIORITY 3

Nominated by a state or territory government agency for an occupation specified on that agency s state migration plan

Am i moved to cat 3? I want to confirm from your office.

I am expecting for an information reply regarding to this matter

thank

their reply

Dear Client,

Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

Systems records show that the State/Territory Nomination submitted in support of your application has been received and noted on your file.

Your application will be allocated to a case officer in accordance with the priority processing direction.

If your nominated occupation is not on the relevant state or territory's state migration plan or you are not sponsored by an employer, your visa application will not be finalised until those visa applications which meet these higher processing priorities are finalised.

For information on current allocation dates and processing times see <http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/lodged-information.htm>

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

For any further enquiries about the application you have lodged please refer to our website using the following link http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/post.htm

they just cant say which category i fall on after the SMP release so I made a follow up enquiry. Ive been patient for a long time. they know that

ill post the update

Guest leoj76
Hi everyone,

Here is a mail I just received from DIAC. This confirms that some applications in group 5 will start to be processed this financial year. I think we should not lose hope even if the wait could still be long.

"I am writing to update you with information regarding your General Skilled Migration (GSM) visa application and the priority processing arrangements in place.

The information contained in this email is for information only and you do not need to take any action.

This email also contains instructions on how you can obtain the latest information about when your application is nearing assessment by a case officer.

Hi there...

did u get this email in response of a inquiery u logde to them or they just send it to u without any request from u?

thank..

leo

Here is my occupation detail which is there on South Australia's new list..

225311 Public Relations Professional Special conditions applies IELTS 6.5 in each band

But on the other hand my occupation is in RED... As most of you know that my file of 496 is already in with DIAC.

6. “Special Conditions Apply”

Please note: Special conditions are listed in red on the South Australia’s List of Occupations for State Sponsorship – July 2011.

6.1 This occupation is limited to applicants who are recent international students, who studied at a South Australian institution and where this study meets the DIAC two year study requirement.

AND

6.1.1 Have a legitimate job offer of at least 6 months (into the future) in South Australia in a skilled occupation; AND have commenced working in that occupation; AND continue to reside in South Australia; AND

6.1.2 Have met general work experience requirement (see 7. Work Experience below) of which at least 50% has been achieved in South Australia; OR have completed a PHD or Masters by Research program with a South Australian educational institution

6.2 Note that the Work Experience Waiver may not be used with the “Special Conditions Apply” waiver.

6.3 Note that planning levels apply to all occupations and their availability for sponsorship is subject to change.

So does that mean I can not apply?

HRC|496|30.08.07|Occup-Public Relations Profess|Ack -24.1.08|C.O.-20.10.09,11-05-2012|Med-09.09,06.12|PCC-09.09,15.05|Job veri-3.09.09|Grant-Got it Finally... on 18-June-2012:biglaugh:

yeah you can't since youre offshore..

the thing that we would like to know if DIAC consider moving cat 5 previous sa ss app to cat 3 under off list criteria...

Well,

Does that mean nothing has changed for off-shore applicants.

HRC|496|30.08.07|Occup-Public Relations Profess|Ack -24.1.08|C.O.-20.10.09,11-05-2012|Med-09.09,06.12|PCC-09.09,15.05|Job veri-3.09.09|Grant-Got it Finally... on 18-June-2012:biglaugh:

Guest ivyc10
Hi everyone,

Here is a mail I just received from DIAC. This confirms that some applications in group 5 will start to be processed this financial year. I think we should not lose hope even if the wait could still be long.

"I am writing to update you with information regarding your General Skilled Migration (GSM) visa application and the priority processing arrangements in place.

The information contained in this email is for information only and you do not need to take any action.

This email also contains instructions on how you can obtain the latest information about when your application is nearing assessment by a case officer.

Hi there...

did u get this email in response of a inquiery u logde to them or they just send it to u without any request from u?

thank..

leo

Hi~

I just received from my agent.My agent told me that he did not take any action.

And, he told me that all applicants(cat5)did not receive this e-mail until now.

It just came from DIAC. I have never received any e-mail from DIAC since I logded my application.This is the first e-mail from DIAC.

I lodged my application 30th Dec 2008.

So,I would like to know how many applicants(cat5) got this e-mail.

CHEERS~~

yeah you can't since youre offshore..

the thing that we would like to know if DIAC consider moving cat 5 previous sa ss app to cat 3 under off list criteria...

You only have an "offlist" nomination if the state or territory tell DIAC that they want to sponsor you specifically as an offlist nomination. States can sponsor in any occupation on the new Schedule 2 for offlist not just those DIAC has agreed can be on their SMP list. SA are just advertising which occupations they will consider nominating someone for under their limited offlist places. If you were sponsored by a state before they had an SMP and your occupation is not on their SMP list you are not Priority 3 unless the state tells DIAC they are using an offlist place to sponsor you, hence why you have received the new email from DIAC telling you that you are Priority 5.

Regards

ok now the confirmation.

but based from the recent email about the processing of cat 5 from DIAC, they didn't specify about the SMP soff-list occupation that aren't included to move to cat 3.

they made an update now for it, i think

Dear Client,

Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

Although you have state nomination for your application your occupation is no longer one of those that the South Australian Government supports, and therefore you are now in priority group 5. Please see new priority direction information as follows:

The Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, Chris Bowen, has set new priority processing arrangements for certain skilled migration visas. These arrangements will give effect to the Minister's announcement on 10 May 2011 that regional visas will be given the highest processing priority.

Priority processing refers to the order in which the department considers skilled migration applications. The Minister is able to consider and finalise visa applications in an order of priority that the Minister considers appropriate. The changes to priority processing do not change visa eligibility criteria.

The new priority processing arrangements apply to the following visas:

* Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS)

* Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS)

* certain General Skilled Migration (GSM).

From 1 July 2011, processing priorities (with highest priority listed first) are:

1. applications from people who are employer sponsored under the RSMS program or who have applied for a Skilled - Regional (subclass 887) visa

2. applications from people who are applying under the ENS program

3. applications from people:

* who are nominated by a state or territory government agency for an occupation specified on that agency's state migration plan

* who were nominated by a state or territory government agency prior to the implementation of state migration plans for an occupation not on their agency's baseline list of occupations (known as an 'off-list' nomination)

4. applications from people who have nominated an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) - Schedule 1 in effect from 1 July 2011

5. all other applications.

The SOL identifies occupations that the Australian Government?s commitment to a skilled migration program that delivers skills in need in Australia. The complete list of occupations on the SOL is available on the department's website at <http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/sol/>

So there you go, jackd

thanks

Hi~

I just received from my agent.My agent told me that he did not take any action.

And, he told me that all applicants(cat5)did not receive this e-mail until now.

It just came from DIAC. I have never received any e-mail from DIAC since I logded my application.This is the first e-mail from DIAC.

I lodged my application 30th Dec 2008.

So,I would like to know how many applicants(cat5) got this e-mail.

CHEERS~~

has anyone received such email directly without asking for it?