New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Divya87

Hello Guys , got CO today . Vb 885 , cook , work exp , paper application applied on sep 17th 2009.

Asked Australian PCC , Medicaid and evidence of 900 hrs work exp .

Guest Stuck
Hi fellows,just a quick question ....does any body has got pr from team 31 of vb885 only or know someone who got pr from team 31..........please reply because what i have read about team 31 does not seems promising Thanks[/QUOH

Hi just got my PR granted... I think the longest wait with a case officer.

5months!!!!i beleive I got it ony cos we kept calling the case officer and told him we

Needed to go back home ASAP!!! Otherwise I doubt if we would have it now!!!! That's team 31 for you!!!

Anyway the wait is over!!!!

Hi just got my PR granted... I think the longest wait with a case officer.

5months!!!!i beleive I got it ony cos we kept calling the case officer and told him we

Needed to go back home ASAP!!! Otherwise I doubt if we would have it now!!!! That's team 31 for you!!!

Anyway the wait is over!!!!

Congrats. Enjoy

Guest akerai

Offshore cat 5 family sponsored are treated like dogs wait wait wait then july new processing categories as they tricked us last year by putting from 4 to 5.

It is unfair that when we applied we werent informed it might take half a decade to process the files.

New financial year new tricks by them to make me and my family suffer.

Hello Guys , got CO today . Vb 885 , cook , work exp , paper application applied on sep 17th 2009.

hi divya happy for you but did you applied on work experience basis or 7 band each very surprised that they already processing for sept 2009 shows that immi is going very fast.

Internal and external checks are normally for security purpose.Other then that they also investigate about your educational institute and what you have been doing in australia.It takes more time for applicants from high risk countries.

hi kk just want to know how comes that those who applied in sept 2009 already have co and you are in aug 2009 you dont have anyone better call immi asked the reason cheers mate

hi kk just want to know how comes that those who applied in sept 2009 already have co and you are in aug 2009 you dont have anyone better call immi asked the reason cheers mate

I really dont understand how system works in immigration department.I had a chat with them almost 3 weeks ago and they said its not possible fr them to process an applicant from december 2009 when they have someone waiting from march 2009.They have to follow minister guidelines ..Again i dont know whats going on ,,i reckon the best way is to follow allocation date update thats the best way to get an idea about processing.

the process for 2008 was so quick but for 2009 processing is taking ages n ages someone can explained me ?

They had plenty of places at that time when they started processing 2008 applicants.Now they have approached at the ened of financial year thats why process is bit slow.It will be quicker again when we will jump into new financial year soon.

Guest kevingarcha

Hi Divya87,

best of luck for early grant. hope u get ur pr grant soon........

Not long now till 1st July! Wonder what surprises are in store for 475 Family sponsored off-shores?! I honestly think that they should convert the 'temporary' 475 visas to 'permanent residency' ones, as nearly 4 years of waiting is a very, very long time. Things change and people get older. House prices have since risen astronomically and the exchange rate has deteriorated considerably. At least if you have PR, you have 5 years to move after visa validation. With 475 you need to up-sticks pretty much when you get it, as the visa is only valid for 3 years, and out of that you have to live 2 years in your designated Oz area and work at least 1 year full-time. So no chance of waiting for a better exchange rate or house prices coming down a bit. DIAC have really and truly made a mess of my life. When I applied in Dec 2008 I could have moved some 6-12 months later, as was originally advised by them. I would have been able to live near my sister in a nice house then and would have commenced employment. As it is now, I will end up in a tent in my sister's back garden and being 46 might not be so appealing to prospective employers. Everything has gone against me here and I am very angry at DIAC and the Australian Government! Giving everyone a 'fair go' has just become a by-word for 'taking the p....'. I am venting my anger, as they are playing with people's lives here. At the very least they should give 475 visas's the option of applying for PR, without having to pay for it, now, whilst still waiting in this endless queue.

hey guys i m new here. need a little help. is there anyone here from community welfare ?? i am not in touch with any of my classmates( some left the country gave up hope) lodged the file for 885 in Dec 2009 with IELTS 7.0. is there anyone out there lodged before me with IELTS (without work exp - just on the based of IELTS) got PR yet???? guys thank you in advance...

hey guys i m new here. need a little help. is there anyone here from community welfare ?? i am not in touch with any of my classmates( some left the country gave up hope) lodged the file for 885 in Dec 2009 with IELTS 7.0. is there anyone out there lodged before me with IELTS (without work exp - just on the based of IELTS) got PR yet???? guys thank you in advance...

Yeh I know few people who did community welfare and have already got PR...with IELTS 7 each..They applied before dec 2009.You might have to wait for another few months because at the moment IMMIGRATION has processed applications till the end of june.I applied in Aug and still waiting.Dont worry you will get CO soon.

Just keep checking th eprogress of your application online.You might get CO earlier then othe rapplicants,you never know.Meanwhile apply for your medical,PCC and AFP Check

Edited by king khan

Thanks "King Khan" i kind of have until last week of Aug 2012, after that my partner will have to leave as "TR" runs out. don't wanna go back to student Visa again. any advice ??? i know its a little a bit edgy situation.Thanks for you help anyway...

Have you got your partners name on the application as well? or is it just your individual application

Have you got your partners name on the application as well? or is it just your individual application

That was the 1st mistake that we didn't apply as couple. its individual application mine was 885 which i am waiting for and partner got 485 last year feb so this aug 485 will run out.

That was the 1st mistake that we didn't apply as couple. its individual application mine was 885 which i am waiting for and partner got 485 last year feb so this aug 485 will run out.

I reckon you should be eligible to add his name into your PR File..I am not sure whether you can do it while he is on 485..Better ring Immi and tell them your scenario.They can give you the best advice even better then Immigration consultants.

I read that in another forum

"yes you can add your wife as long as your visa has not been granted, all you need is a marriage certificate. send change of circumstances form and add the applicant. ""

I reckon you should be eligible to add his name into your PR File..I am not sure whether you can do it while he is on 485..Better ring Immi and tell them your scenario.They can give you the best advice even better then Immigration consultants.

you are right - i tried couple of MARA agents and they wanted to skim money of me...

as far as i know i need to have PR otherwise i cant add anyone not even my parents.

but thanks ill call again and ask no harm in asking...

I read that in another forum

"yes you can add your wife as long as your visa has not been granted, all you need is a marriage certificate. send change of circumstances form and add the applicant. ""

i had no idea.... ill call immi on monday and see how i go with it. ill post it here whatever they say on the phone.