New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

can anyone tell me how much is the money order for AFP at the moment??? I checked online said its 42 bulks but all my friends and post office staff said its 45. Also, I called the office it said "national police check" is 45! I'm so confused and getting worried coz I already made the money order for 45. Anyone help?? Thanks!

its 45$ for afp..you will have to pay another 6.50$ for the money draft

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ivan84

Does anyone know if i will have to reassess my ACS Skills since my original letter was only valid for 24 months, i read somewhere that it only needs to be valid when lodging the PR application, same like IELTS and it still remains valid after CO allocation, and the only thing that needs to be redone is the Police Clearance and Medicals. Thanks all

Does anyone know if i will have to reassess my ACS Skills since my original letter was only valid for 24 months, i read somewhere that it only needs to be valid when lodging the PR application, same like IELTS and it still remains valid after CO allocation, and the only thing that needs to be redone is the Police Clearance and Medicals. Thanks all

Yeh that's right,it needs to be valid at the time of lodgement.YEh you're medical and police check lasts for only 1 year and need to be re done again up on your CO request.if you think that you will get CO soon then it's a good idea to have your medical and afp already ready.Cheers

sh.t i have sent a $ 42 one ,thats what it says on the website .....

Its 45$ for immigration purpose.they will not process your application as they have said very clearly In the instructions of the application form that exact amount should be posted otherwise your application won't be processed further.I reckon just ring them up and convince them to put your application on hold meanwhile you send them new money draft with outstanding amount.Cheers

its just ridiculous cause on the website it says $ 42 not sure if for immigration they do a special one for $ 3 extra ,will call them monday if they agree good enough if not will send them new one cause they will send the old one back anywayz ,but just hate things are done in this part of the world its like for immigration everything goes up ,atleast they should have it on their website......:mad:

its just ridiculous cause on the website it says $ 42 not sure if for immigration they do a special one for $ 3 extra ,will call them monday if they agree good enough if not will send them new one cause they will send the old one back anywayz ,but just hate things are done in this part of the world its like for immigration everything goes up ,atleast they should have it on their website......:mad:

As far as i know it doesnt show on their website ,It only shows that its 42$.I asked my lawyer and he replied me back via e-mail saying that it is 45$.Just ring them up and tell them its not your fault ,they need to change it on their website.Cheers

Guest Ivan84
Yeh that's right,it needs to be valid at the time of lodgement.YEh you're medical and police check lasts for only 1 year and need to be re done again up on your CO request.if you think that you will get CO soon then it's a good idea to have your medical and afp already ready.Cheers

Thank you soo much, I already have CO, i have uploaded the ACS lodgement receipt at the time of my application since it takes 12 weeks to get this, and I attached the Skill Assessment letter to my file when i got CO allocated. I did the medicals too just waiting for the AFP to arrive now. Hope it all goes good. Thanks !

kim is the rdo(regional development officer) from northern inland (nsw).

i don't know who is playing game with us but me and my consultant did the rite job from our side got sponcership in june,applied 487 visa on 5th of june and sent my immi file no and other details on 18th of june...

now i don't know what to do ??

i got another story to share as well with victoria state sponcership.i wonder y that happen only with me ??

in jan 5th i have applied for vic sponcership bcz i had a job as chef(been working at same place for 2 yrs and 1 yr contract for another yr) and i got offer letter with me.so i applied 4 vic sponcership on b4 its closedown on 6th of jan 2009.after wating for 4 mnths i have been told everybody's sponcership is on hold untill some investigation is not finalised(so i have applied for nsw(northern inland) i was so happy bcz i got the sponcership from there and alrady applied 487 visa) by the time it was 3 yrs.

now just 2 mnths ago vic smp dept told me that we r not approving(ur trade no longer avilable on our list) ur sponcership u have 21 days to appeal aginst us. i never appeal their decission bcz i have already applied for nsw(northern inland).

now i am in a limbo land what i suppose to do ?

i m so happy after studying for 2 yrs working from last 5 yrs and 6 mnths as a chef.

spending so much money in aus what i got finally ...a big long wait...is there anything like justice over here in this country or its only my bad luck...

would like to add here that i have already applied for another seprate application for pr subclass 885(in oct 2010) and fsw2(canada pr as well) bcz i can't trust this aus immi system driven by ppl like chris evans and their labour party(who don't have any standard) . spent up to $ 18000 on immi for aus and can.

sorry gys for a big story bt this is the reality of my life from last 5.6 yrs

thanks

I understand our position in the limbo world. Been living in this place for more than 4.5 years, another 15 days will get me to 5 years. From my own perspective, I think they never truly care about this, what can you do to benefit a country then you are up in the front line but when it comes to other thing this citizen is the second. Sometimes I felt what a waste of time in this place, haven't heard anything about this kind of issue of uncertainty of legal immigrants in US.

I can understand if some applications are processed longer but why this lawful land and sit at the first rank when it comes to human rights choose the uncertainty, there is reason behind that. I don't think they tricked us into this position, the longer the wait the less we are likely to withdraw the application. In the meantime, why don't go out and have some cups of coffee, wouldn't it better?! LOL.

Edited by Franklin

I understand our position in the limbo world. Been living in this place for more than 4.5 years, another 15 days will get me to 5 years. From my own perspective, I think they never truly care about this, what can you do to benefit a country then you are up in the front line but when it comes to other thing this citizen is the second. Sometimes I felt what a waste of time in this place, haven't heard anything about this kind of issue of uncertainty of legal immigrants in US.

I can understand if some applications are processed longer but why this lawful land and sit at the first rank when it comes to human rights choose the uncertainty, there is reason behind that. I don't think they tricked us into this position, the longer the wait the less we are likely to withdraw the application. In the meantime, why don't go out and have some cups of coffee, wouldn't it better?! LOL.

Wow.....5 years ,that's hell of a long time mate.keep it up.

Thank you soo much, I already have CO, i have uploaded the ACS lodgement receipt at the time of my application since it takes 12 weeks to get this, and I attached the Skill Assessment letter to my file when i got CO allocated. I did the medicals too just waiting for the AFP to arrive now. Hope it all goes good. Thanks !

What was your occupation if you don't mind me asking mate

Guest sura7667

just to inform anyone who may concern. if u think u r nearing for co allocation,and if u married, make sure ur wife also does medicals and get police cert,since this hap to me. co allocated 7th may 12.initially asked my pcc, med, but once i did that then asked same for my wife too. so still im waiting for her docs.so pathetic this coz i allready waited more than 3 years.applied 26 march 09. onshore cat5 cook

just to inform anyone who may concern. if u think u r nearing for co allocation,and if u married, make sure ur wife also does medicals and get police cert,since this hap to me. co allocated 7th may 12.initially asked my pcc, med, but once i did that then asked same for my wife too. so still im waiting for her docs.so pathetic this coz i allready waited more than 3 years.applied 26 march 09. onshore cat5 cook

Good advice for everyone ....good work sura.

Guest Ivan84
What was your occupation if you don't mind me asking mate

Hey mate, my skills have been assessed under 2231-79 (ICT Recent Graduate) , and I have finished Bachelor of Information Systems in here.

Guest Cazanne
Who else got this mail today?

State or territory may not sent Form 1100 for few applicants on time but Why has not been accepted by DIAC ???

Confusing as I got the mail though I have the Territory confirmation of sending Form1100 to DIAC. Kept me cc back 2009.

Worried !!!

I also got this mail and its very very confusing for me because my visa has already been granted and I am already in Sydney (visa Grant 8/6/2012- I did everything I needed to do as far as sponsorship goes but it was back in 2010- so will just have to find out if NSW can sort this problem out. What are they going to do otherwise??? kick me out?

Guest Cazanne
I also got the email bro, my lodgement date 05/05/10 , form sent on 02/02/11 and then again last month. For some reason IMMI is not accepting the forms.

let us get together and SUE the Department.

Sunny I am feeling veru much like u are right now - so tired of all this nonsense they have put us thru - its not right.

I also got the email bro, my lodgement date 05/05/10 , form sent on 02/02/11 and then again last month. For some reason IMMI is not accepting the forms.

let us get together and SUE the Department.

Did you lodge yourself or using migration agent sunnyaimshigh?

Its 45$ for immigration purpose.they will not process your application as they have said very clearly In the instructions of the application form that exact amount should be posted otherwise your application won't be processed further.I reckon just ring them up and convince them to put your application on hold meanwhile you send them new money draft with outstanding amount.Cheers

Hi everyone,

I just called AFP, the operator told me since last Monday the fee for NPC is $42, they are amending it right now. I double confirmed that it is $42 per individual application! And, if you have more than one application, you can make the Money order with Total Amount on it (eg, 3 people = $126).

Best luck!

As far as i know it doesnt show on their website ,It only shows that its 42$.I asked my lawyer and he replied me back via e-mail saying that it is 45$.Just ring them up and tell them its not your fault ,they need to change it on their website.Cheers

Its confusing called AFP general enquiry number they told me its $ 42 ,told them the computer voice says $ 45 ,the lady said trust me its $ 42 ,i guess the thing is its $ 42 but they will do it anyways if its $ 45 :biggrin:

Yah that was a confusion because after seeing the website , i had sent the money order for $ 42 each for my self and my wife ,but then i was told its $ 45 ,called the enquiry today they said its $ 42 but intrestingly enough the computer voice when u are on hold its says $ 45 anwyayz ,will jsut wait for it to comeback hopefully