New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

with CO is much better than without CO. Keep patien for a very short time!

CO allocated 15./05/2012..............and No news till now...All documents pre loaded before CO allocation !! Dont know how long I have to wait..Its already more than 3 years +++

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CO allocated 15./05/2012..............and No news till now...All documents pre loaded before CO allocation !! Dont know how long I have to wait..Its already more than 3 years +++

CO allocated 11./05/2012..............and No news till now...All documents up loaded after CO allocation !! Dont know how long I have to wait..Its already more than 5 years.

Difference is I am offshore you are onshore..

Can anybody tell me when P5 176 FS applications are going to get started since I checked the allocations date on website...its says "Not yet commenced"

I wish we had a crystal ball.....Mate none of us dont know

,,the only person to answer this question could be Mr Evan...

Guest atadata
I aksed few of my friends who had done their AFP recently and they got it in 2 weeks time..

Deah Khan,

How `recently' was that?

I'm also one of those longing for a speedy AFP check as my CO requested the documents to be submitted as soon as possible hinting the rules might change after June 30th. I sent the application on 6th of June, which makes me feel a bit nervous, you know:-)

Deah Khan,

How `recently' was that?

I'm also one of those longing for a speedy AFP check as my CO requested the documents to be submitted as soon as possible hinting the rules might change after June 30th. I sent the application on 6th of June, which makes me feel a bit nervous, you know:-)

when did you lodge your application and whats ur occupation?when did you get your CO

Can anybody tell me when P5 176 FS applications are going to get started since I checked the allocations date on website...its says "Not yet commenced"

Will know on 1st July IF/OR they are going to start with G5 Offshore next financial year.

Sometimes i feel that the DIAC does updates without its staff knowing about it .

Called them today to check about my application and whether, as it says on the website if you are within a month get ur medicals and clearances done,the lady goes not sure but only get these done when u have a CO allocated..:arghh:.Asked is there any chance i can get a case officer allocated soon ,says not sure cant tell .Asked if any changes expected in processing P5 applications after 1 July not sure......Just so wanted to tell her that madam i am not sure why you have this job .:wacko:

Sometimes i feel that the DIAC does updates without its staff knowing about it .

Called them today to check about my application and whether, as it says on the website if you are within a month get ur medicals and clearances done,the lady goes not sure but only get these done when u have a CO allocated..:arghh:.Asked is there any chance i can get a case officer allocated soon ,says not sure cant tell .Asked if any changes expected in processing P5 applications after 1 July not sure......Just so wanted to tell her that madam i am not sure why you have this job .:wacko:

No point calling DIAC hotline as they have those casuals call centre operators sitting there with very minimal knowledge..They will only tell u stuff which is there on DIAC's website..Nothing more than that

DIAC works in a similar way with how Apple the company works

none of them knows anything about

none of them have proper knowledge of anything

none of them can confirm anything

[TABLE=class: tablecolour, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%]12/06/2012

[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Application being processed further

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Also a mail from HOC/GH asking to redo and send X-ray film. It might be lost!

Edited by aituhin

[TABLE=class: tablecolour, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%]12/06/2012[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Application being processed further[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Also a mail from HOC/GH asking to redo and send X-ray film. They lost film!!

Congrats Aituhin..finally u got it

The only thing you can believe is the fortnightly update by DIAC ....Rest even if they know anything they try to avoid to tell us.

Hi All!

I just want to say that police clearance does take a while to be processed these days. Posted my application on the 24/04/12 and got it sometimes in mid may.. Finally, I found out that my name was wrongly written in the AFP certificate. I called them on the same day (waited more than 25 mins) and requested for another one. I was told that it should be done within 3-5 working days and was promised that it would take maximum 3 days only for my case as it was totally their fault. After waiting for another week, on the 31st May, I called them again, to check its progress. I waited 19 mins then the line was disconnected through transfer, then called again..this time waited for 14 mins and the line was disconnected again!!! :arghh: When I finally got through the next Monday (04/06/2012) after waiting for 43 mins on the phone,guess what..?? My AFP was not even ready for postage!!!!:nah: I talked to the supervisor and he sincerely apologised and said he would himself look into it. I finally got the AFP on the 08/06/2012!!!! He also said that they had an increase in the number of people calling them and also because DIAC is processing visas at such a fast rate,there has been an increase in the AFP applications. The phone disconnection also was due to the increase in the number of people calling them and failure to their system... So guys, be ready with all your paperwork. I applied in April 2010 and already started preparing. Anyway, AFP is valid for a year and am sure my visa will be granted by then.

Guest atadata
when did you lodge your application and whats ur occupation?when did you get your CO

I'm a chemist. Lodged my application in 2009 and initially got CO around Sep 2011, then (after some security clearances for my wife came through I believe) another CO began to look at my case about two weeks ago, requesting AFP and overseas clearances, medicals etc.

Guest Costa13

Hey!!

Can somebody tell me the time frame for issuance of pcc in mumbai when a verification is needed? 28 days are done already and my husbands pcc has still not arrived. The case officer is informed of the same. But we still need to get it asap. Is there any way that it can be fast tracked? Any information would be great!!

Thanks

not sure whether its CO or not but got a change online status as ABPF today..

applied for the same region but offshore.

487 (community Welfare) REGIONAL SPONSERSHIP NORTHERN INLAND - Has anyone got their visa or a case officer yet. As according to the fortnightly updates all cases have been allocated but me and my friends have not heard anything.

Guest totomvn
He also said that they had an increase in the number of people calling them and also because DIAC is processing visas at such a fast rate,there has been an increase in the AFP applications. The phone disconnection also was due to the increase in the number of people calling them and failure to their system... So guys, be ready with all your paperwork. I applied in April 2010 and already started preparing. Anyway, AFP is valid for a year and am sure my visa will be granted by then.

From my experience, email is a cheaper and more efficient options. You should've learned from the experience calling AFP, DIAC or any government agency. I sent them a few querying my application status and they reply within 1-2 working days. When my certificate get lost in transit after 1 month since the postage date, I asked them for a double check and they gave me a replacement one right away, this time to an Australian address. So if you're from overseas and need an AFP PCC, it'd be better to get it posted to your Australian friend's address and have him scanned and emailed to you (if you have one), the overseas postal service is slow as snail and unreliable. My original PCC one is still somewhere while my PR has already been granted.

Guest jilkfree1978
From my experience, email is a cheaper and more efficient options. You should've learned from the experience calling AFP, DIAC or any government agency. I sent them a few querying my application status and they reply within 1-2 working days. When my certificate get lost in transit after 1 month since the postage date, I asked them for a double check and they gave me a replacement one right away, this time to an Australian address. So if you're from overseas and need an AFP PCC, it'd be better to get it posted to your Australian friend's address and have him scanned and emailed to you (if you have one), the overseas postal service is slow as snail and unreliable. My original PCC one is still somewhere while my PR has already been granted.

We had the same problem, the AFP lost in the post they didnt write the address correctly, they sent a replacement and it added a month on to recieving the AFP overseas. It is actually better to phone them at the moment it is taking over 7 days for them to reply by email because they are so busy.

Edited by jilkfree1978