New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

considering the recession fears today in the american economy and taking into account the fact that it may pull down along with other world economies, and this in turn may affect allocation of visas in australia, it doesnt look good man.we may have to wait till we become grandpa's!!

OH GOD! it means, the recent staff will become grannies too and will forget about us! NUUUUU!

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jilkfree1978
calm down guys.... we should be alarmed why none of the agents is posting this forum anymore? Where are they?

And its almost xmas my dear friends! All i want for xmas is the refund of my money. Coz i decided not to pursue my app anymore. It's a friggin waste of time waiting.

Maybe we should start a new group, (Stop this scam, Process our visa, or give us our money back??)

Maybe we should start a new group, (Stop this scam, Process our visa, or give us our money back??)

I've mentioned a couple of times that this has to be

"THE MOST DISHONEST IMMIGRATION VISA LOTTERY SCAM IN THE WORLD".

Perhaps that is how it should be portrayed to all media outlets both here and world wide, would be great if the Oz gov. could be shamed world wide.

I can't do the maths as not really sure just how many thousands and thousands of applicants money the OZ gov. is sitting on, but it might have helped the national debt. It's a massive amount earning the gov. interest at our expense, and the cheek for the immigration web site to say, if you are getting nowhere with your application made in good faith and fulfilling all the requirements at the time of application, then if you are stupid enough, and think your circumstances have changed, you can pay again for another application!!!!! Obviously my cynical interpretation.

What take even more of our money to get nowhere!!!!! I think not thank you.

im not sure if its under their law using someones money without the exchange of goods and services.

its mainly because we are from offshore so we are powerless and using lawyers and shiz to be serious in dealing with this scam will require huge amount of money so nobody would care to initiate but wait for a miracle.

we fail everytime

GUYS THIS IS AN ARTICLE FROM THE MAY 2010 STATEMENT OF DIAC ABOUT POSSIBLE CHANGES IN WHICH THEY HAVE MENTIONED ABOUT CAP AND CEASE.I HOPE WE ARE NOT GOING IN SAME DIRECTION.

ALTHOUGH I GOT MY VISA IN MARCH BUT I WAS ALSO IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOURS BEFORE THIS ACS REVIEW RULE CAME FOR US.

Re: Migration Amendment (Visa Capping) Bill 2010

Summary from DIAC Exposition on Skilled Migration Changes Sydney 31 May

Key presenters are Peter Speldewinde and Katherine Whitehead.

General Skilled Migration

Overall the framework will be relatively unchanged, ie on 1 July there will be a SOL and a new list of occupations sponsored by the states which will be as broad as the ENSOL but no broader and most likely half way between the old SOL and the new SOL.

There will be no new points test until the end of the year, if at all, and equally no capping and ceasing if at all until then. The use of the capping and ceasing power will be more likely if there is another economic downturn.

Future changes will most likely not be telegraphed - they explained that in before the September 2007 changes there were 32000 offshore applications instead of the usual 6500 - apparently most of them in unwanted occupations. Therefore the suspension of offshore GSM applications on 8 May was to avoid a "spike" in an otherwise bloated program. So best to apply when eligible as DIAC is capable of implementing a freeze without notice, particularly while they've got an oversupply of applications.

The new SOL will have some minor alterations as Skills Australia used the unrevised version of ANZSCO - must have been some red faces over that one, but there will be no substantive changes to the new SOL as published on 17 May.

All pre-September 2007 applications all about to be ceased as announced in February; such applicants, if they have valid skills assessments, are of course entitled to lodge a second application funded by the refunds they will receive.

The cap and cease legislation is still a Bill - that is, an unenacted legislative proposal not yet with the force of law - and while it does sound as though the legislation will be enacted, and implementation will be determined according to occupation, English and age criteria, there was no indication that it would actually be applied to any particular category of existing applications unless there was some sort of economic downturn. No mention at all of cooks and hairdressers today.

Clear that they're going to reduce overall GSM numbers anyway. Apparently the alternative - employer sponsored visas - require less verification because employers want to avoid the sanctions for misfeasance and are subject to other government controls in any event.

Changes to the ENSOL and 457 occupation lists will be direct translations to ANZSCO at this stage with no substantive changes. The Department will issue a "convergence" or "concordance" list confirming ASCO equivalencies.

Pre-July skills assessments will remain valid depending on the convergence/concordance list and relevant eligibility list, eg new SOL or ENSOL.

There will be a revised Ministerial direction concerning the priorities to be applied in General Skilled Migration but no details were provided.

ENS/RSMS.

There is a current ENS/RSMS Review. Issues include English language, market salaries, exceptional circumstances, regional occupation list, Worker Protection Act framework etc. Timing currently not determined. Interesting 457 statistics were presented (being distributed separately) which will apparently inform planned ENS developments as well as future 457 reforms. Looking at sponsor accreditation, registered employment authorities (replacing regional certifying bodies) and training benchmarks (still unresolved - "some way off").

Labour Agreements

Clear now that semi-skilled applicants (ASCO chapters 5-7) are only able to go through Labour Agreements.

DIAC is now generating template industry agreements for the Labour Agreement visas - eg snow industry workers, bilingual tour guides, mining operations, meat industry - for employers to "sign up to". This, and other procedural reforms, should make the process of compliance easier.

State Migration Plans

Plans will specify the occupations and the number for each occupation. DIAC is verifying each state's methodology for determining occupations and numbers. Only occupations on the ENSOL can be on an SMP. And according to Katherine earlier, the ENSOL won't change yet. Says that the SMPs are not the solution to a state having negative demographic growth. Many states have higher language, experience and other requirements than DIAC requirements. Each state will have 100 "off-plan" places (but still no broader than ENSOL). The plans will be four-year rolling plans reviewed annually. Expecting a reasonable amount of stability.

Answering questions Peter Speldewinde suggests that we may one day see the end of GSM for independent (unsponsored) applicants.

ANZSCO Concordance

Confirms that all DIAC systems now going to ANZSCO. Mentions that occupations in ANZSCO Major Groups 1-3 are "skilled". Will post the "convergence" on their website. Accepting ASCO skills assessments for GSM as long as the occupation is in the new SOL, according to the convergence now calling it a "concordance" :-)

Guest pippa1

Sammi

Thanks for pointing that out for us . I'm glad you got your visa in March but rubbing salt in wounds isn't really going to help anyone.....

I don't honestly believe that DIAC will again do the cap & cease option. Not only is it hugely unpopular, but also makes a mockery out of the Australian Immigration System. The more this sort of thing happens the more the Australian Government begin to look incompetent. They will not want to show themselves up. As I said earlier, I think DIAC now have the perfect immigration plan in place, by which amendments can be made each year, which will result in a smooth transition. The present backlog presents people who have skills, albeit not in the highest demand category, but still important enough to warrant a look at. DIAC know this, so they will, as they currently indeed are already doing, go through the backlog. Remember, there are fewer and fewer people applying at the moment. DIAC might actually find that not enough people are applying!! The Economy is always up and down and I think the only thing affected by this are the actual number of migrants allowed into Australia in a particular financial year. As I said, forget the Cap & Cease. No politician likes to associate themself with such a drastic measure. Keep your chins up, not long before we hear a genuine 2007/8 Cat 5 Applicant getting their CO - think about the recent email!!! We all need to focus on Positivity! Remember, this is an essential MUST for any migrant!

Guest jilkfree1978
I don't honestly believe that DIAC will again do the cap & cease option. Not only is it hugely unpopular, but also makes a mockery out of the Australian Immigration System. The more this sort of thing happens the more the Australian Government begin to look incompetent. They will not want to show themselves up. As I said earlier, I think DIAC now have the perfect immigration plan in place, by which amendments can be made each year, which will result in a smooth transition. The present backlog presents people who have skills, albeit not in the highest demand category, but still important enough to warrant a look at. DIAC know this, so they will, as they currently indeed are already doing, go through the backlog. Remember, there are fewer and fewer people applying at the moment. DIAC might actually find that not enough people are applying!! The Economy is always up and down and I think the only thing affected by this are the actual number of migrants allowed into Australia in a particular financial year. As I said, forget the Cap & Cease. No politician likes to associate themself with such a drastic measure. Keep your chins up, not long before we hear a genuine 2007/8 Cat 5 Applicant getting their CO - think about the recent email!!! We all need to focus on Positivity! Remember, this is an essential MUST for any migrant!

Your so gulible, while you are waiting, I will be in another country, they wont cap and cease, just never give you a visa!!

As you know I have moved to the new cat 4 and as their is no one running a timeline for cat 4 I decided to run a new one, the point!! I would like to make their aren't many members in it so I think it won't be long before they will start to look at Cat 5 maybe in the the second half of the financial year, Bluecatcollectables keep those spirits high and be positive don't let the negative stuff get to you because I so know how that feels being lodged since Nov 08 your turn will come soon!!!:biggrin:

Tania

hi all

i am an april 2008 175 visa applicant, today i log on to the diac site to check the progress of my application and found that my application is being process further and the date is 16/08/2011 as today is only 9th of august. what does it mean ? is it means a simple mistake on date or something else ?

cheers

Guest mahsa31

hi friends

I lodged 19 March 2008 as system manager from Iran and till now I dont have case officer ........... I am in category 5 ............but I hope our cases will be processed ...........

hi all

i am an april 2008 175 visa applicant, today i log on to the diac site to check the progress of my application and found that my application is being process further and the date is 16/08/2011 as today is only 9th of august. what does it mean ? is it means a simple mistake on date or something else ?

cheers

to me this means that someone might have been looking at your case, or simple error

I hope for the first one

HI

Is there someone who was nominates/sponsored by any state but due to long wait their category was removed from the state plan (SMP)...

I want to know what happened after that ???????

their CATEGORY changes? their apllication REFUSED? need to apply for any other state (SMP)? or else.....

hi guys,

I am not so sure what to say with this post.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/122140-176-family-sponsored-email-confusion.html

you think it's best we ask for the excerpt of the email if there is any info re name of the CO or team? so we make sure he really got a CO?

actually marjorie sent me the link, but i guess shes afraid to post it here to create misunderstanding again.

Again. I am just curious.

Thanks

hi guys,

I am not so sure what to say with this post.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/122140-176-family-sponsored-email-confusion.html

you think it's best we ask for the excerpt of the email if there is any info re name of the CO or team? so we make sure he really got a CO?

actually marjorie sent me the link, but i guess shes afraid to post it here to create misunderstanding again.

Again. I am just curious.

Thanks

have a look at all of the posts last one states clearly has not got a case officer

Regards