where in uk

Guest muppet

Guest muppet

just putting it out there on where to possible return to in the uk. Any suggestions would be welcome!

My oh and I have decided to return and separate, not very amicably either, We agree on nothing - only that the children must come first ie share care of the children - , create stability etc. but for reasons too personal to explain, will not be returning to the area that we left.

I can literally choose where we will live as my trade off for moving back, my oh has said he will live close by so we can share care of the children. What I need is suggestions on where to go. I would like the wish list that everyone else with cherries on top ideally! Great high school is top of the list. (we have young chidren) not in a city, preferably in a village with access to wider amenities, community and all that, and a hospital for work for me. I will have a reasonable budget to start again - that is not my main worry. I am acknowleging that the children will have a good deal of stress to deal with in the separation so we have thought that we would rent for 6 months together - then buy seperately, once we have more of a clue of the area. That way, the children will hopefully be settled in school, thats what I am thinking anyway. I did have a thought of devon or north yorkshire??? I know neither - other than they are both lovely. But where there??

I am hoping this goes as well as possible. I am struggling with the move back, having to make a new life, knowing no one, new friends, new area, new job without the support of any family (they are useless) and friends at an age when I always thought we would be settled. As well as creating that network of friends for the kids. I want to get this right. Heres hoping:goofy:

Guest siamsusie

Hi Muppet,

Firstly welcome to Poms In Oz.

There is an abundance of good advice on this thread, and I sincerely wish you all the happiness back in the UK.

Best wishes

Susie x

Alrite muppet

Your a nurse so maybe finding work wont be a problem,altho i dont know the situation now with all the gvnmt cuts?but if i was coming back to the UK i would probably look down south because of the work situation in the north,its allways been the same and is unlikely to change,so "if" it was me?south of london,ideally cornwall if i could find employment

Guest muppet
Alrite muppet

Your a nurse so maybe finding work wont be a problem,altho i dont know the situation now with all the gvnmt cuts?but if i was coming back to the UK i would probably look down south because of the work situation in the north,its allways been the same and is unlikely to change,so "if" it was me?south of london,ideally cornwall if i could find employment

Hi both

thanks for the posts - I think it is like putting a pin in a map. Not holding anyone to rights, but a suggestion of a particular place would be great since I dont have a clue of cornwall. devon or north yorks. I could pick a dud place. Anyone know of an area with good schools? and does anyone know if the scaremongering of the nhs that I read has any substance?? :goofy:

Hi both

thanks for the posts - I think it is like putting a pin in a map. Not holding anyone to rights, but a suggestion of a particular place would be great since I dont have a clue of cornwall. devon or north yorks. I could pick a dud place. Anyone know of an area with good schools? and does anyone know if the scaremongering of the nhs that I read has any substance?? :goofy:

Im not in the NHS muppet,but its not scaremongering, i read a story the other day of a girl in birmingham having to travel up to alder hey(lpool)with her sick baby because it was the nearest one with beds,they JUST fitted her in,but the baby died sadly,some sources said it wouldnt have happened if the baby was treated sooner,the unit she went to in alder hey has to lose 36 nurses soon btw,the next available bed for her was Glasgow,so the cuts are real,altho there HAS been nurses on here that have come back and got jobs here so..???

I could name you lovely places in devon and cornwall muppet,Clovelly,Boscastle etc,but i'd be lying if i said i knew anything about those areas other than touristy stuff.

A place ive worked in on and off is bristol and bath,plenty of the infrastructure your looking for there,and some lovely rural villages on the outskirts as well,maybe it might be an idea to find out where the nursing vacancies are?then narrow your search/research down to these areas? good luck anyway muppet

Guest guest30038

First off.................good luck with whatever you decide.

Faced with a similar situation, I'd agree with Pabs..............any cuts and they'll hit the North first, they always do..............they know the soft Southern barstewards would cry in their G & T's if it happened to them.

So................for security (although not guaranteed) and because i know the area, I'd look for a nice little village/town such as Downderry/Millendreath/Looe/Torpoint etc................small town feel, but close enough to commute to the schools and hospitals of Plymouth

kev