Nursing pay scales-queensland??

fluxsta

Hi all,

I have received my employment details and it lists the pay scale and says that I can get info online about the Queensland Nurses Union Enterprise Agreement and pay scales for nurses. This trade union requires me to join to access the info? Does anyone have a link to info about the payscales in plain English, laymans terms so I can see the structure as it is proving to be a bugger to find any info!

Thanks

Guest guest36187

I'm in elderly care, not in hospitals. I was paid at level 1.4 at first. Now I am a clinical nurse at level 2.2

Different in our sector I think

Guest guest30038
Healthscope Pine Rivers. I am waiting for reply from them as i think there was a typo in letter? It says employed as RN Level 1 Grade 8, but paid as Level 1 Grade 5? What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Hiya mate, this is Qld health pay scales but I'm not conversant with the agreements covering the private sector.

Grade 8 could relate to the first year of qualifying/employment/re-entry (incremental) and grade 5 could mean increment 5.........ie you get an annual yearly increment increase in wage for 8 yrs. So, if you'd been employed in that position for 5 yrs you'd have had 5 incremental increases in wage over and above the annual wage increase award...........it's a (financial) recognition of your years (of) experience.

The above is often negotiable, particularly in the private sector in that you may have 6 years experience in the UK but they start you off in year zero (so to speak) in Oz. In Bridget's case, in the public sector, she was lucky in that she had a good work record and interviewed well so she was initially employed grade (increment) 5, recognising her 6 years UK experience

It sounds to me that you may be being offered the same (hopefully) but if you haven't got those years of experience, someone may be cocking up in admin...........I sincerely hope not mate. You deserve a good start.

http://www.health.qld.gov.au/hrpolicies/wage_rates/nursing.asp

http://www.health.qld.gov.au/nursing/salary.asp

Hiya mate, this is Qld health pay scales but I'm not conversant with the agreements covering the private sector.

Grade 8 could relate to the first year of qualifying/employment/re-entry (incremental) and grade 5 could mean increment 5.........ie you get an annual yearly increment increase in wage for 8 yrs. So, if you'd been employed in that position for 5 yrs you'd have had 5 incremental increases in wage over and above the annual wage increase award...........it's a (financial) recognition of your years (of) experience.

The above is often negotiable, particularly in the private sector in that you may have 6 years experience in the UK but they start you off in year zero (so to speak) in Oz. In Bridget's case, in the public sector, she was lucky in that she had a good work record and interviewed well so she was initially employed grade (increment) 5, recognising her 6 years UK experience

It sounds to me that you may be being offered the same (hopefully) but if you haven't got those years of experience, someone may be cocking up in admin...........I sincerely hope not mate. You deserve a good start.

http://www.health.qld.gov.au/hrpolicies/wage_rates/nursing.asp

http://www.health.qld.gov.au/nursing/salary.asp

Cheers Kev,

I think it could be a cock up in admin to be fair. I think she means to say Grade 5 (registered nurse) and Level 1 (start, rises to a 7 and then Grade 6). Private may be different but my place follows the payscale set out for public, so that is good. The problem I need to iron out is that in the original contract it stated an hourly amount and a per annum amount. They wanted to re-interview me a few weeks ago (the stress!!) hence I have a new contract, but is has these errors of the banding and doesn't state in laymans terms and figures exactly what the salary is. Sure she will get back to me Monday, and I will then sign and send and await the visa!

Start date at work is the 12th September, so hope to meet up with shortly after we land on the 12th August.

;-)

Thanks for your input mate

Guest tandcmum

if they follow the public health rates then it sounds like they mean you will be a grade 5 nurse on level/increment 1.

I'm going into the private sector in QLD and I am also in my contract stated as starting on level 1, but once i produce statements of service i will get put on the correct pay for my years of expereince (whole time equivalent)