Priority Processing Arrangements for Skilled Migration Visas – 1 July 2011

mansukhpatel

Hi all,

I have lodged my application in 2009 with a 475 visa subclass. my application is state sponsored but my occupation was not on the state SMP list. hence i fell in cat 4. now as per new changes, my occupation falls in schedule 2 of the new SOL and i'm state sponsored. so which category do i fall? pls help

thanks

Well,

It does not matter whether your Occupation falls in SOL 2 or not. It should be on the list of state's SMP. if the occupation is not in state's Skill list from where U had applied and your skill is not on SOL 1 , then I am afraid you are unlucky like me. And you are on Priority group 5.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,

It does not matter whether your Occupation falls in SOL 2 or not. It should be on the list of state's SMP. if the occupation is not in state's Skill list from where U had applied and your skill is not on SOL 1 , then I am afraid you are unlucky like me. And you are on Priority group 5.

If application is on SMP from the beginning and the occupation is taken off later from the SMP occupation list then what happens ?

Guest nadeem
If application is on SMP from the beginning and the occupation is taken off later from the SMP occupation list then what happens ?

Im in same situation and entirely confused in which category im fallen.

Im in same situation and entirely confused in which category im fallen.

Do u mean your occupation was on SMP and then was taken off from occupation list ?

But States have not announced a new SMP yet how your occupation was taken off ?

Regards

Guest nadeem
Do u mean your occupation was on SMP and then was taken off from occupation list ?

But States have not announced a new SMP yet how your occupation was taken off ?

Regards

sory reza..

Its my perception that Software and Application programmers nec will not be included in Victoria's next occupation list.

sory reza..

Its my perception that Software and Application programmers nec will not be included in next Victoria's occupation list.

I inquired the same issue from states and the only state that answered my inquiry was ACT , I just copy and paste my inquiry here .

Please have a look and let me know what your idea is

Sent: Thursday, 7 July 2011 4:47 AM

To: BizMigration@business.nsw.gov.au

Subject: SMP and occupation list

Dear Sir

Good day,

I am writing to ask for information. I have obtained my nomination for 176 VE last year prior to implementation of state migration plan and lodged my application with DIAC. Since my occupation appeared in state migration plan occupation list, I was promoted to Cat2 and obtained a CO few weeks after releasing of SMP.

Now my question is; if in the future SMP occupation changes and my occupation is taken off from the state migration plan occupation in demand list, will my application be taken off from SMP quota too and fallen to lower priority or it will be still considered in State migration plan quota regardless of new state occupation list ?

I appreciate your kind help and full support and look forward to receiving your kind reply

Kind Regards

Hi xxxx

Changes to the SMP will not affect your lodged DIAC application

Regards

Guest nadeem

Regards

It seems that future changes will not effect those applicants lodged their applications under State Migratoin plan.

Eeeeks this does affect us. We gained State Sponsorship but couldn't get the skills test in time so the state extended the time allowed for the skills test before we lodge with the DIAC. Test is now in Aug so will lodge with DIAC then. Before this change we would get our visa within 12 months, now it says 12-24. Can anyone advise whether it's ever quicker than it says as currently we have sold out house, i'm out of work and we were going to go to New Zealand and work and sit it out there until the visa came through. This changes everything. Don't want to go to New Zealand on a 12 month visa and then end up having to fly home as the visa hasn't come through for OZ.

***Sorry I haven't been on here for a while...been moving house xx

I inquired the same issue from states and the only state that answered my inquiry was ACT , I just copy and paste my inquiry here .

Please have a look and let me know what your idea is

Sent: Thursday, 7 July 2011 4:47 AM

To: BizMigration@business.nsw.gov.au

Subject: SMP and occupation list

Dear Sir

Good day,

I am writing to ask for information. I have obtained my nomination for 176 VE last year prior to implementation of state migration plan and lodged my application with DIAC. Since my occupation appeared in state migration plan occupation list, I was promoted to Cat2 and obtained a CO few weeks after releasing of SMP.

Now my question is; if in the future SMP occupation changes and my occupation is taken off from the state migration plan occupation in demand list, will my application be taken off from SMP quota too and fallen to lower priority or it will be still considered in State migration plan quota regardless of new state occupation list ?

I appreciate your kind help and full support and look forward to receiving your kind reply

Kind Regards

Hi xxxx

Regards

i am a cat 2 state sponsored in south australia last 2009, waited for my co allocation, but in september same year, my occupation was taken off their list and i fell on category 5, which is to wait forever.

i still can remember, how excited i was to get my co but after a few weeks, there was horrible changes affected my visa app and the promise to process it for months took almost 2 years now and still waiting...

so, if changes to smp they said wont affect your visa app, im not sure if it applies only to the time they established the term 'SMP'. i mean whats the diff with the list we had before of this smp one, btw?

According to DIAC's processing priority, if you are off the list you can not be processed under that group. But on the other had there are some cases in which they are also processing the old listed applicants. I think I will suggest you to call ASPC and confirm.

In my opinion if you are off the SMP, you are also off the group.

According to DIAC's processing priority, if you are off the list you can not be processed under that group. But on the other had there are some cases in which they are also processing the old listed applicants. I think I will suggest you to call ASPC and confirm.

In my opinion if you are off the SMP, you are also off the group.

DIAC edited its table. Application off SMP and included in SOL now in Cat4

Regards