Priority Processing Arrangements for Skilled Migration Visas – 1 July 2011

mansukhpatel

The Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, Senator Chris Evans, has set new priority processing arrangements for certain skilled migration visas.

From 1 July 2011, processing priorities (with highest priority listed first) are:

1). applications from people who are employer sponsored under the RSMS program or who have applied for a Skilled – Regional (subclass 887) visa

2). applications from people who are applying under the ENS program

3). applications from people who are nominated by a state or territory government agency for an occupation specified on that agency's state migration plan

4). applications from people who have nominated an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL)

5). all other applications.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, Senator Chris Evans, has set new priority processing arrangements for certain skilled migration visas.

From 1 July 2011, processing priorities (with highest priority listed first) are:

1). applications from people who are employer sponsored under the RSMS program or who have applied for a Skilled – Regional (subclass 887) visa

3). applications from people who are nominated by a state or territory government agency for an occupation specified on that agency's state migration plan

4). applications from people who have nominated an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL)

Hi

Could you provide me with the link ?

Does this mean that SMP applicants are still in priority 2 or they have fallen to a lower priority ?

Regards

Here: http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/24apriority_skilled.htm

P.S: Oh, DIAC is really good at playing this shock-and-awe game. Prior to 1st July, 2011 the Cat 1 priority processing was for ENS and RSMS visa apps and Cat 2 was for SMP apps. Now, they say RSMS is Cat 1, ENS is Cat 2 and SMP apps are Cat 3. I mean what the hell?! They kidding or something?!!!!

Here's a memo DIAC sent to MARA registered agents about 2 weeks ago, wherein they've reaffirmed that the processing priorities aren't changing:

8zrawz.png

This is really hilarious!!!! :laugh:

armandra!

Guest Lori2011
Am I being naive or is this basically the same as before, except the previous cat 1 is now 2 categories, with RSMS given top priority?? Can't see how this will affect anyone other than ENS, slowing down theirs a bit...or I am just being too optimistic?

well, I think it's just the same, maybe they are letting us know that we shouldn't expect lower processing times than those they just published today...for me it's still 18 months....:SLEEP:hopefully:twitcy:

Am I grilled again? ???????They have changed the SOL 1 also which does not include my application...does that mean I am on Priority 5?Not againnnnnnnnnnn...

How about 176 family sponsored? :frown:

Have look at the first link :

All applicants with a nominated occupation on the SOL—Schedule 1 are included in priority group 4. This includes both independent applicants and applicants sponsored by an Australian family member.

Guest thankyou

All applicants with a nominated occupation on the SOL—Schedule 1 are included in priority group 4. This includes both independent applicants and applicants sponsored by an Australian family member.

I was hoping for that too. But how come they did not include the 176 relative sponsor in P4 in this list? Does this mean we fall to " all other visas"?

Priority Visa Subclass Processing Time

RSMS

(subclass 119, 857)

Skilled Regional

(subclass 887) 5 – 8 months

ENS

(subclass 121, 856) 5 – 8 months

State Migration Plans

(subclass 176, 475, 487, 886) 12 – 24 months

Nominated Occupation on the SOL – Schedule 1

(subclass 175, 495, 496, 861, 862, 863, 880, 881, 882, 883, 885, 886) 18 months

All other visas Assessment will commence when all cases in priority groups 1-4 are finalised.

Visa applications that will be affected by the updated SOL

The updated SOL will apply to all new independent or unsponsored skilled migration applications lodged on or after 1 July 2011 unless they are from applicants eligible for transitional arrangements.∗ Applications with a nominated occupation that is no longer on the SOL in effect from 1 July 2011 will continue to be processed. Priority processing arrangements may however change for certain applicants according to the Ministerial Direction on priority processing.

Visa applications that will be affected by the updated SOL

The updated SOL will apply to all new independent or unsponsored skilled migration applications lodged on or after 1 July 2011 unless they are from applicants eligible for transitional arrangements.∗ Applications with a nominated occupation that is no longer on the SOL in effect from 1 July 2011 will continue to be processed. Priority processing arrangements may however change for certain applicants according to the Ministerial Direction on priority processing.

Well i believe that the new SOL applies to only new applicants. If you want to lodge an application your occupation has to be on the new SOL. The processing priority arrangements however affect ALL visa applicants (old and new). Old applicants who do not have an occupation in the new SOL will now move to cat 5.

hi reza.

I has applied for 475 (sponsor by blood relation). At preset, i am in Cat 03. will my application fall in to Group 4?. my occupation is at new SOL.:cry:

your reply will be really appreciated

Thanks

Samk6.

hi reza.

I has applied for 475 (sponsor by blood relation). At preset, i am in Cat 03. will my application fall in to Group 4?. my occupation is at new SOL.:cry:

Thanks

Samk6.

Hi

Your application is considered in Cat4 ( Not the old one) which matches the old Cat3. At present cat3 ,4 are processed and are active.

The old Cat4 is now considered as Cat5 which is not processed now

So don't worry your application is still active only the category name has changed

Regards

Guest thankyou
hi reza.

Thanks

Samk6.

says here you're in group 3

State Migration Plans

says here you're in group 3

State Migration Plans

Thanks a lot for your reply "thankyou"

i have applied 475 (Sponsors by Relation) and i don't have any state nomination.

DIAC has mentioned on their web site about Cat03 as follows,

" category 03- applications from people who are nominated by a state or territory government agency for an occupation specified on that agency's state migration plan".

My relation is @ Victoria. Victorian state government has suspended all of ICT Occupation since January 2011..will that be a problem?.....

thanks

Samk6

Guest thankyou
Thanks a lot for your reply "thankyou"

i have applied 475 (Sponsors by Relation) and i don't have any state nomination.

DIAC has mentioned on their web site about Cat03 as follows,

" category 03- applications from people who are nominated by a state or territory government agency for an occupation specified on that agency's state migration plan".

My relation is @ Victoria. Victorian state government has suspended all of ICT Occupation since January 2011..will that be a problem?.....

thanks

Samk6

then, where do relative sponsored 176 & 475 go.

State Migration Plans

then, where do relative sponsored 176 & 475 go.

State Migration Plans

thanks a lot thankyou.