Help! Accountant Work Experience (lodging after July 1st)

elderberry

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I now find myself in the same position as Abbottone and Elderberry where I am ACCA qualified with 5 years experience working in finance for two big international employers but just over 2 years post qualified experience so I know that I meet the 12 out of 24 months of experience requirement but do not know if I can claim any points?

If they assess you from when you attain the entry level qualification as Ken says above then from when do I assume with the following scenario as ACCA basic entry requirements are 2 A-Levels and 3 GCSEs so don't think this will wash?! My qualifications/history is as follows:

Jul 2005 BSc Maths & Computer Science leading to one ACCA exam exemption

Aug 2007 Pass all Knowledge Exams in ACCA

Aug 2008 Pass all Skills Exams in ACCA, now part qualified

Feb 2010 Passed all Professional Level Exams in ACCA, now qualified

If I can claim from when I became part qualified that would be enough to get me 5 points I think? Can see these posts were from mid last year, would be interesting to hear how people have gotten on since....

If they assess you from when you attain the entry level qualification as Ken says above then from when do I assume with the following scenario as ACCA basic entry requirements are 2 A-Levels and 3 GCSEs so don't think this will wash?!

I didn't actually say ACCA basic entry requirement. It is DIAC who set the requirement and for accountancy it is an accounting degree (or equivalent). It's when you had the equivalent that is the issue in your case. Clearly you had it by the time you were fully qualified but when in the process?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again... So I am still yet to get my skills assessed but in asking the ACCA to send me a copy of my exam result transcripts they also sent me a glimmer of hope in the form of a letter of equivalence which they sent automatically when I told them the reason why I wanted my results transcripts.

The letter says that after completing the Fundamentals level ie. when you are classed as part qualified, this is the equivalent to a UK Bachelors degree and then on completion of the professional papers this is comparable to a masters. So here's hoping that my experience will count from Aug-08!

I have no idea how this works for CIMA quals but would imagine it is something similar...

• 4 months later...
Guest langolush

I have total 5 years of post graduation experience including one year paid training (taxable) on full time basis (42hrs/week). Now I want to apply for WA SS but recently came to know that my training period of 1 years will not be counted. Considering this I can claim only 5 points instead of 10. Can someone help me to address the following points.

1.Is training period not really counted by WA for state sponsorhip and DIAC.

Guest langolush

I have total 5 years of post graduation experience including one year paid training (taxable) on full time basis (42hrs/week). Now I want to apply for WA SS but recently came to know that my training period of 1 years will not be counted. Considering this I can claim only 5 points instead of 10. Can someone help me to address the following points.

1. Is training period not really counted by WA for state sponsorship and DIAC for Visa application.

2. If it counts then what kind of documents I have to provide them to get 10 points for my 5 years of experience.

Expert and timely opinion on the issue will be highly appreciated.

• 1 year later...