and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest nknash

Taking dog - book flight only?

Guest nknash

Hi,

We are taking our dog to Australia when we emigrate and I am looking at the cost to arrange this myself.

Does anyone know where I can obtain the cost for just the flight for my dog at all?

Thanks for any help!

Hi i really wouldn't know where to start by doing it yourself, we used a company for our two boys, They sorted all the paperwork, vet checks,crates, flights and quarantine, etc which we found helped take the pressure off, as we knew nothing would be forgotten!

However when we chose to return, we had to do it all ourselves except booking their flights, to be honest it was one of the most stressful things i have ever done!

There are people on PIO, which i know have done this themselves,which i'm sure will be along at some point to help! wishing you all the best :wubclub:

Oz is Beautiful, but the uk is home :wubclub:

Returned to Bournemouth 20th August 2010

Dear NKnash

I dont think any airlines will let you book directly - BA, QANTAS, Virgin certainly wont and they are the three main carriers we use to fly pets to Australia.

Really price it up well as you will save less money than you think and have all the hassle yourself. Shipping pets is expensive because of what the airlines charge not because pet shippers are driving round in fancy cars - if only :)

Petair UK - the only pet travel service in Uk to be run by vets. We offer the most comprehensive services to easily and safely transport your pets from UK to Australia

www.petairuk.com