register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest jkl1515

Ex has no contact court order do i still need permission to take my daughter

Guest jkl1515

Just wanted to say hello to everybody. My husband and myself and our four kids have just started the emigration process for permanent residency. I have tried looking through the threads but am having trouble finding anything similar.

My ex has been denied contact with my daughter and we have a court order. She is 2 now. Do we still need his permission to emigrate? Waiting for an appointment with a solicitor. Just wondered if anyone else has been through this process. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks X

Guest jmahood
Just wanted to say hello to everybody. My husband and myself and our four kids have just started the emigration process for permanent residency. I have tried looking through the threads but am having trouble finding anything similar.

My ex has been denied contact with my daughter and we have a court order. She is 2 now. Do we still need his permission to emigrate? Waiting for an appointment with a solicitor. Just wondered if anyone else has been through this process. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks X

Speak to your solicitor and see if the court order revoked his parental rights. If he still has parental rights, you will need to apply to the courts, but your Solicitor will be able to advise you on this. When applying for immigration you need to supply proof of parental consent.

Good luck :mask:

I live with my OH and his 2 teen sons. They have no heard from their mum in over 7 years and all we had was a court order to say she was not allowed to contact them apart from one letter a month. Not even tel contact. We had to pay £200 to apply to the court to take them. I know that about 2 weeks ago all the rules on taking children abroad changed so you need to seek advice. Most solicitors should do half hour free consultation.

I would imagine that if he is not allowed contact, you will need to do the form for £200, send it to the court and then the judge will stamp it to confirm "the child can be removed from the juristriction of England and Wales" which is what ours said.

You should not have too much hassell but get the ball rolling as you cannot get your visa without the paperwork. They check that both "natural" parents are going over with the child in question and if not, why.

Hope my jumble makes some sense. Not sure where you live but I used Jeremy Sogno at Lawson Lewis & Co Sussex. Hes amazing.

Mizzmp x

Landed and loving it!

Guest jkl1515

Thanks so much for your reply. Have got an appointment on monday :unsure:

I live with my OH and his 2 teen sons. They have no heard from their mum in over 7 years and all we had was a court order to say she was not allowed to contact them apart from one letter a month. Not even tel contact. We had to pay £200 to apply to the court to take them. I know that about 2 weeks ago all the rules on taking children abroad changed so you need to seek advice. Most solicitors should do half hour free consultation.

I would imagine that if he is not allowed contact, you will need to do the form for £200, send it to the court and then the judge will stamp it to confirm "the child can be removed from the juristriction of England and Wales" which is what ours said.

You should not have too much hassell but get the ball rolling as you cannot get your visa without the paperwork. They check that both "natural" parents are going over with the child in question and if not, why.

Hope my jumble makes some sense. Not sure where you live but I used Jeremy Sogno at Lawson Lewis & Co Sussex. Hes amazing.

Mizzmp x

WE used Jeremy to sign/witness our statutory declarations and he did it for FREE!!!

Really nice guy. My Mum actually went through him for her divorce and we will use him when we sell our house. :biggrin:

176 Family Visa GSM. Visa Granted 01/11/2011 Validated Visa Feb 2012

In order to stand out from the flock one must first be a sheep

I used to work for him hes a top solicitor and knows all areas of law. He totally nailed things for us in court and is very reasonable on costs.

Hes doing my aunts divorce as we speak lol.

When are you guys looking to move? Which occupation are you?

Landed and loving it!

I used to work for him hes a top solicitor and knows all areas of law. He totally nailed things for us in court and is very reasonable on costs.

Hes doing my aunts divorce as we speak lol.

When are you guys looking to move? Which occupation are you?

My OH is a carpenter & joiner. We are waiting for our visa still.

As soon if/when we get a visa we will either go and validate or see if we get a quick buyer.

Small world hey!?

176 Family Visa GSM. Visa Granted 01/11/2011 Validated Visa Feb 2012

In order to stand out from the flock one must first be a sheep

Guest jkl1515

Hello again! now all the kids are in bed i can think haha!. My OH is a hyundai technician.Im a stay at home mum (2 of my 4 kids are autistic). We've just started the 147 process. Going through an immigration consultant. Got loads to sort out it feels like a minefield. Vetasses, ilets certification of certificates and allsorts. Consultant said we were looking at 12 to 18 months to get to Perth.

Mizzmp glad you got your court stuff sorted. I feel like we have been through enough trying to keep my ex away from us. But... I know it will be worth it for the fantastic life the kids are gonna have.

Guest guest36187

For anyone going through this, there are several threads out there. One is by Dylan. He is a Dad who faces the prospect of losing his children to oz as his ex wants to move. One is by lisaifoulds who is a parent wanting to move to oz. There is a "sticky" thread out there by 2tigers about the same subject and tracey123 has been through it over the last year and a bit. You could message him about it.

There are lots of emotive issues surrounding this. Please remember that if you post your scenario and ask for advice you may get some "strong" responses. The good thing with the threads that I have listed above is that they are both sides of the coin.

Good luck to all of you.