Friends wanted!

Guest Lindy76

Guest Lindy76

So after much deliberation I am finally getting round to posting this ad and admitting my lack of friends here in Sydney : (

I'm originally from Lancashire and have been in Australia living the dream for 5 years. I've just spent 2 months back at home with all my friends and it really has made me realise I do need to make some GOOD friends here as this is now where my life is.

I'm a really laid back person so I love the saying "no dramas!" I have a pretty dry sense of humour and I like a good laugh.

I love music, going to gigs (Gomez and Kaiser Chiefs coming up soon!), festivals, photographs, sunshine, animals, laughing, the beach, bargain hunting, drinking (I'm more of a pint of cider girl than a cocktail chic!), eating, talking, dancing (usually during drinking!) and pretty much anything that involves having a good time.

I also Love camping and head off to the bush whenever I get the chance. I love looking for wildlife and am at my happiest when sitting by a fire, under the stars sipping on a cheeky bourbon...or 10! Love waking up to the sound of the birds the next day and cooking up a feast before a lovely walk through the one of the amazing National parks NSW has to offer looking for wildlife.

I do have a gorgeous boyfriend who I've been with for 3 years and we do heaps of fun things together but friends are really what I'm missing so if you're like minded and looking for new friends too please give me a shout. x

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tara McCafferty

Hey there's a few of us on here meeting for the first time on Saturday afternoon at the opera bar if you fancy it?

Check out the thread meeting people in Newtown (I think that's it anyway!)

Maybe see you sat

Tara

Guest Lindy76

Hey Tara,

Thanks heaps for the info. I'm actually at a birthday party tomorrow so wont be able to make it. Such a shame as I would have defo been up for it...next time!!!

Have a good one x

Guest PommieLou
So after much deliberation I am finally getting round to posting this ad and admitting my lack of friends here in Sydney : (

I'm originally from Lancashire and have been in Australia living the dream for 5 years. I've just spent 2 months back at home with all my friends and it really has made me realise I do need to make some GOOD friends here as this is now where my life is.

I'm a really laid back person so I love the saying "no dramas!" I have a pretty dry sense of humour and I like a good laugh.

I love music, going to gigs (Gomez and Kaiser Chiefs coming up soon!), festivals, photographs, sunshine, animals, laughing, the beach, bargain hunting, drinking (I'm more of a pint of cider girl than a cocktail chic!), eating, talking, dancing (usually during drinking!) and pretty much anything that involves having a good time.

I also Love camping and head off to the bush whenever I get the chance. I love looking for wildlife and am at my happiest when sitting by a fire, under the stars sipping on a cheeky bourbon...or 10! Love waking up to the sound of the birds the next day and cooking up a feast before a lovely walk through the one of the amazing National parks NSW has to offer looking for wildlife.

I do have a gorgeous boyfriend who I've been with for 3 years and we do heaps of fun things together but friends are really what I'm missing so if you're like minded and looking for new friends too please give me a shout. x

I know exactly how you feel! (I'm glad I'm not the only one!) I've only been out here for a year but as I live in Coffin Bay (a beautiful area but hardly a social hotbed of activity...! Most people are retired or only come here for holidays/weekends so you may see them once a year if that) and I'm a housewife, I haven't met any friends or people I'd really like to hang out with. I probably would have met people if I'd been working. The Aussie's are very friendly but I'm hoping to meet some people I click with, like I did back home. I'll always love and treasure my friends back in the UK and Skype etc is great but it would be nice to meet some people out here too.

It's a shame you're in Sydney as I would happily say g'day to you! :wink: (Wouldn't be able to enjoy the bourbon though as I'm 5 months pregnant!) We're possibly moving to Adelaide and I really hope we do! Hopefully there will be more people my age there and a lot more to do. My husband is an Aussie but is originally from NSW and even he admits there's not a lot going on here for the under 60's...!

Good luck in finding people in Sydney - you are in a much better location than I am! LOL! I'm happy to chat any time you feel like chatting to a fellow Pom in Oz! :smile:

Lou x

Guest taylorvillas

Hi, we are in the same position, loving Sydney but could really do with some friends, finding myself very envious of the groups we see at the beach at the weekends.

Always up for a get together.

Tracy

Guest Lindy76

Hey Lou,

Thanks for your reply. You guys are really remote, I just google mapped you!

I've always thought living a little community would be nice but I can see it must be hard to meet folk especially if you're not working.

The very best of luck with your pregnancy and lets hope the Adelaide move comes off if that's what you want.

Take care x

Brilliant! Had another yes too so that's at least 3 us.

Will let you know time and place soon.

:)

Hi Lindy,

Is this a girls thing or are oh's welcome too? Myself and my partner are in the Inner West but we can travel for a meet. He works strange hours so would need to confirm nearer the time but sounds good :)

Guest KarenMer

Hey Lindy,

I live in Botany, I'm seeking some pommy mates to watch the world rugby cup wiv. My boss is an ex wallabie so the pressure is on!!

Even if your not into rugby and fancy a drink or something let me know. Won't be out this weekend though I'm in training for city to surf! (Well have arranged to go running early Sunday wiv a girlfriend!)

But next time theres a party let me know for sure!!

Karen :-)

Guest Lindy76

Hey Karen,

Will let you know for sure when we organise drinks again. Was really good fun meeting new people last night!

Where abouts do you live?

Call in to Twisted frozen yoghurt on Hall St to say hi to me after City to Surf if I don't see you for a bevvy before.. I'll be working there all day!

Good luck with the run, it will be heaps fun!

Guest eimear

Hey Karen,

I'm also doing city to surf in 2 weeks time, so trying to behave, seeing as i started training last week for it. Not sure if 3 weeks is long enough to train for 14K but sure i can crawl it if i have to.

so maybe we should try arange soemthing for after that, when we can all have a few drinks.

I'm a big rugby fan, ( irish though) so will be up for watching the rwc and have a few drinks any time.

I'm in sydney about 2 months now, and loving it so far.

Eimear

Guest Robbie83
Hey Tracy,

I`m organising a night out with people that have messaged me on here on Sat 23rd if you fancy it?

If you set any other meets up then let me know

Guest KarenMer
Hey Karen,

I'm also doing city to surf in 2 weeks time, so trying to behave, seeing as i started training last week for it. Not sure if 3 weeks is long enough to train for 14K but sure i can crawl it if i have to.

so maybe we should try arange soemthing for after that, when we can all have a few drinks.

I'm a big rugby fan, ( irish though) so will be up for watching the rwc and have a few drinks any time.

I'm in sydney about 2 months now, and loving it so far.

Eimear

Yeah sounds great we should defo sort out some after bevvys thou i think I'd wanna go home shower and do lunch specially as I'm hoping to be finished around 9.30am mite be a little early for drinks!! LOL!!

Sure u will be fine just be prepared for lots of hills.

I've been here nearly 4 years and still love it!!

Guest Lindy76

Hey Karen,

Will defo keep you posted as we'll be doing it again real soon. Sorry, you did already tell me where you lived! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest benmackie

hi,

I'm from altrincham originally and recently moved to vaucluse with my wife. We are also missing our friends in the uk and want to make some new ones so if you and your boyfriend fancy meeting up for a few beers in the area let us know.

thanks

ben

0415 405 642

Guest Newlymarriedinaus

Hey everyone

I have just posted on another thread but thought I would say hello as I am really missing the UK.

I am down in Kiama the fishing is good and the walks are amazing, people are friendly but already have their friends!

I am very bored of not having my friends around to have a chat and a few drinks with or meet for lunch.

It would be great to hear about the next meet up.