barnabus72

Does anyone know of any chepa car hire firms ?

Wea re coming on a reccie to check out Brisbane and Melbourne in August and are finding Hire car costs astronomical with all the usual firms.

Anyone know of any cheaper less known firms ?

We are a family of 4 so we need a car that will take us and 3 large suitcases

Thanks !

We got a good deal from red spot in Perth, I don't know if they are nationwide though.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

East coast car rentals based just outised the airport seem reasonable cost wise. For cheaper still try www.brisbanerentacar.com,, older cars and cheaper rental fees.

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Guest loudu

ive heard of a place called "rentabomb", ive never used it but i know someone that did. they said it was a bit of an older car with a few dints & scrapes on it but that it was grand and it did them perfectly. it was much cheaper than any other car places he had looked at.

Guest karlnchris

hi we rented from east coast car rentals, they have free shuttle service from airport, very professional and organised, will use again when we move in october.

A station wagon (estate) from the airport approx $320 per week. Not sure how it compares to your other quotes?

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

rent a wreck - they are just cars that are a bit older than traditional car hire places, which I find odd, they aren't anything approaching what I would call a wreck, they look better than my old car lol.

Just google them and you will find their different offices.

Moved on a 179 PR visa Feb 2012; Citizenship granted Jan 2016. Settled in Adelaide. Loving it and feel like everyday is paradise compared to life in the UK.

East Coast rentals......bartered with them and got lowest price possible out of 5 companies

Arrived 10th August....loving it

Sometimes you make the right decision, sometimes you make the decision right ~Dr Phil

Guest guest33730

Last week I needed to book a car hire and found Red spot car hire were really cheap http://www.redspotcars.com.au/Default.aspx I then found a discount code on the internet which gave me a further 20% discount. If anyone is interested the code is CDBATWTR - It ended up saving me $200

Daniel

Don't forget that if you go away from the airport to collect it'll usually be cheaper. But of course you've got to get away from the airport which can take money - not sure how it balances .....

Jo (Aussie), Jon (Pom on a 100 visa), Satch (the gorgeous viscous labrador) have now been joined by Siena Rose.

Does anyone have a spare instruction manual for a baby girl?

I booked one last week with Europcar, paid £250 for 14 days for a small Gzet Car, pick up from Clayton in Melboure half hour from the city the same car to collect in the city is £700.00. Register with Topcashback site order thru there can get more cash back too !!

Gained 176 visa May 2011, validated Melbourne Feb 2012....need to sell the house..:arghh: