register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest Laura100

Perm Resident rights

Guest Laura100

Hi, Hope someone can shed some light for me....to be honest I am trying to find a way to get back to the UK ASAP. We have been here over 2 years and at the mo the thought of another 2/3 years to get passports fills me with dread! Whereas that is my partners ultimate goal!!

as a Permanent resident of Australia can I come and go as I please as long as I keep renewing the visa. (Does anyone have an idea how much this costs?) Or would I have to do my time and become a cit before I could do this.

Alsoif I have 2 children who both have aus passports and later in life we wanted to move back over here is it likely that they could sponser us? as this is the only reason I can see myself wanting to live over here again.

Any help gratefully received

Thanks

L

You can come back into Australia so long as your visa is valid. After it expires you need to apply for a Return Residents Visa, but there are qualifying conditions, if you are outside of Australia you are not automatically entitled because you previously held a PR visa. http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/residents/155/

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/returning-residents.htm

05/09/09 Mailed my 309/100 app 17/09/09 CO 05/10/09 Meds 08/10/09 PCC 09/10/09 Xray, 18/12/09 Extra Medical report recieved by CO 14/01/10 Hep B test, 09/02/10 New CO aggh 18/02/10 309, Baby visa needed now for our move in Sept 2011