will I have to redo skills assessment after 1st July

Guest midanib

Guest midanib

Am in a panic. Have heard from a reliable source that after 1st July, because of all the changes, they will make people go through their skills assessment again (including payment of 800 dollars for anmac) can any one shed any light on it? I have 12 hours to submit the 176 (and I hesitiate as my partner has an ielts to sit and a french birth cert to translate)

I'm not an agent or anything, but I haven't heard anything about this - imho it would madness to do this as it has absolutely no baring on your visa application whatsoever whether it was done before or after the new points system - the skills assessment is still the same? So as long as the skills assessment is in date (ie the two years, or is it one year? sorry I don't know if it is different for different professions) then how can they make you redo it? It would take weeks and weeks and no-one would be able to lodge, and they wouldn't be receiving any money (which is a stupid thing to do from their PoV).

Apologies if I'm totally wrong, but this is the very first I've heard of this and I've been living and breathing this for the past few months (as lots of other people have for very much longer - I'm not claiming I'm special or anything :) ). Just wanted to chip in with something, because I know how your heart goes into your mouth when something like this happens :)

Hope others will be along to let you know further/as well/disagree with me :)

edit: who was the reliable source, out of interest? :S

Sounds ridiculous to me. If you have your skills assessment and you are applying for the visa now you'll be fine. I think you have 28 days to upload your documents after applying for the visa online. Overall, doesnt really matter until you get your CO, who will then look at everything and tell you if you need to add anything.

I'm surprised that ANMAC are increasing the fees because of the points system change, I think its irrelevant to assessing your skills. DIAC are just after older people with more years experience in their profession.

Good luck with your application:cute:

Guest midanib

Well I submitted it before the deadline just in case and now onto uploading the documents fingers crossed I did the right thing:confused:

Am in a panic. Have heard from a reliable source that after 1st July, because of all the changes, they will make people go through their skills assessment again (including payment of 800 dollars for anmac) can any one shed any light on it? I have 12 hours to submit the 176 (and I hesitiate as my partner has an ielts to sit and a french birth cert to translate)

Apparently new skills assessments will not only give you a positive or negative result but will now also determine what Australian qualification your O/S qualification is equivalent to and your period of “skilled” employment.

This information will be used if your are claiming points under “qualifications” and/or “skilled employment”.

It is early days yet, but my understanding is that if you use an old skills assessment, the case officer may request an assessment of your qualification equivalency and/or skilled employment experience, if they can not determine this themselves.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Joy Please

Yes - things are still not clear about qualification evidence.

I received positive ACS assessment for Software Engineer. It doesn't have any mention of qualifications recognition for my overseas graduation degree. I wrote to them and they replied that I don't need to apply separately for qualification assessment. Still not clear - what evidence to produce for qualifications points ...

Here's the VETASSES link for recognition of non-relevant qualifications (not relevant to nominated occupation)

http://www.vetassess.com.au/download/qualification_assessment/NewPointsTestAnnouncement.pdf

Guest Joy Please

This is what ACS wrote back -

"Thank you for your enquiry. This is to advise that we do not generally provide a separate qualification assessment process at the moment. Instead, we will confirm whether applicants have satisfied the requirements for a Group A or Group B assessment on their skills assessment result letter, and the Department of Immigration will then award points depending on their own qualification requirements."

But VETASSES is providing qualifications assessment for new points test. So, how do those who get assessed by ACS produce qualification assessment evidence ?

Guest cdchaplin

i spoke to anmac recently due to noticing on there site a new form for any one with pending/ skills assessment under 2 years old. Basically they are asking you for in depth professional references if you are claiming points for work experience. Eg. I am claiming 3 years experience but with 2 employers the first of which is now retired so i sent thme statement from HR which is not good enough so i have had to track down a colleague in my previous job to do reference for me. All sent off now so fingers crossed this is what they want and i can get that positive skills assessment!!!

collette x

:arghh:

• 1 month later...
Guest angelforyou1986
Apparently new skills assessments will not only give you a positive or negative result but will now also determine what Australian qualification your O/S qualification is equivalent to and your period of “skilled” employment.

This information will be used if your are claiming points under “qualifications” and/or “skilled employment”.

It is early days yet, but my understanding is that if you use an old skills assessment, the case officer may request an assessment of your qualification equivalency and/or skilled employment experience, if they can not determine this themselves.

Hi I got a positive assessment on June 2011 from ACS saying suitable under PIM3 Group A. With new rules what do i need to do? Do i need to reapply for ACS or my assessment is still valid ? pls comment