Arriving Bris/Gold Coast Early September

Doc 53

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Lyndsey I did not think of the shoes, they are so strict.what I don't understand is you don't need to clean the ones you walk through the airport in! I am dreading not having any furniture and arianne been without her toys but I suppose it is only for five days. What are you doing for food? A great excuse not to have to cook hehe and how are you keeping milk ect cold.? How long are you staying t Ashmore for and how are you getting from airprort? Sorry for all ?s netty

Cheers Lyndsey I did not think of the shoes, they are so strict.what I don't understand is you don't need to clean the ones you walk through the airport in! I am dreading not having any furniture and arianne been without her toys but I suppose it is only for five days. What are you doing for food? A great excuse not to have to cook hehe and how are you keeping milk ect cold.? How long are you staying t Ashmore for and how are you getting from airprort? Sorry for all ?s netty

Hi Netty, I think that they are strict the other end even with the shoes you are wearing! We had our removals come on July 18 and 19th so by the time we leave we will have been camping in our house for a month! We did plan is that way though as we are staying at Ashmore palms for a month so we hope after the 8weeks we will have our furniture although if it does happen to take 10weeks to arrive we will have to stay at ashmore for longer. Are you staying at Ashmore for the whole 8weeks nearly then while your wait for your container to arrive? We are at Ashmore until sept 16th. We luckily have built in fridge freezer here so that's been handy have borrowed the basics like saucepans etc so have been able to cook. We still waiting to here if the company are sorting out a vehicle for us when we arrive or if that fails will need to book some kind of meet and greet as will have 5suitcases 4hand luggage and 4 people to transport! Don't mind answering any more ?s at all. After all this is life changing stuff!x

Cheers Lyndsey, you are lucky you still have fridge freezer I think we will have to eat out every day!John sold his car tonight he was really sad and now it is starting to feel very real.We have booked to stay in Ashmore palms for six weeks but can they said we can stay longer if needed.are you in one of there long stay cabins.I know that if you contact Ashmore you can arrange pick up with them, I think we my do that, are you flying to Bris. We are going to Coolangata. What date do you leave netty

Cheers Lyndsey, you are lucky you still have fridge freezer I think we will have to eat out every day!John sold his car tonight he was really sad and now it is starting to feel very real.We have booked to stay in Ashmore palms for six weeks but can they said we can stay longer if needed.are you in one of there long stay cabins.I know that if you contact Ashmore you can arrange pick up with them, I think we my do that, are you flying to Bris. We are going to Coolangata. What date do you leave netty

Hi Netty, we are in a classic family villa/interim cabin. Yes the long stay ones. We are flying to Brisbane via Singapore. We leave the midlands on the 17th we have an evening flight. I am hoping kids will sleep for some of it!

It's going to be hard for you without a fridge for 5days. We sold our family car just a week before the visa came through, our daughter was so upset that our car had gone to someone else! What visa did you get? Ours is 457. My husband is a Geo technical engineer what sort of engineering does John do?

Lyndsey

Guest BuyThat

Hi,

if your looking for teaching jobs checkout careerone.com.au, teachers.on.net. As at today on careerone.com.au there are 44 teaching positions of various types on the Gold Coast.

Most of the schools will start looking for next years staff about now and in the coming weeks. Plenty of private/independent schools on the Gold Coast too!

cheers

Mish

Guest matthew-sharp
Hi, my wife (Annette), daughter (Arianne) and me have made a few posts on here but this is the first when we have known exactly when we are going…..We fly out on the 27th of August from Stanstead to Kuala Lumpur and then onto the Gold Coast, landing on the 3rd of September.

We will be staying in Ashmore Palms holiday village for a few weeks whilst we find a place to rent.

Anybod else off to Gold Coast/Bris about that time?

Hi, Me and my husband and my son (2 years old) may go there this sept 2011. we are not sure about the date yet. What we r worry about is jobs. Has anyone know about whether are there any jobs in gold coast?

Hi lindsey not long now ! Exciting! Are you all ready now? We are still going through pain of getting ready before shippers come be glad when it's all done , I bet you can't wait now. We are going on a146 permanent residency visa John is senior electrical engineer, so no going back now!give us a shout before you go we will have to find away of getting together x

Hi Carla have not heard from you in a while how are things xnetty

Hiya

Nothing new here I'm afraid! :dull: Still not had any offers on the house yet! They don't know what they're missing! :biggrin:

We have booked in some shippers to give us quotes over the next couple of weeks though. Sounds like you have been busy getting things ready! How many days to go for you???

Hi Carla,

Sorry to hear about the house, I am sure it will go quick enough.

Forgot to say when I replied that I am using my account and not John's, a, trying not to be lazy!

John finishes work in ten days an we fly in seventeen days!!!

We went with John Mason for our shipping, I read good things about them an will let you know how it goes!

Netty

Hi lindsey not long now ! Exciting! Are you all ready now? We are still going through pain of getting ready before shippers come be glad when it's all done , I bet you can't wait now. We are going on a146 permanent residency visa John is senior electrical engineer, so no going back now!give us a shout before you go we will have to find away of getting together x

Hi Netty, just noticed you are under a new user name.

This time next week we will be on the plane hopefully!if there's no delays. Had some bad news today our tenants for our house have dropped out at last minute with no valid reason really. Luckily estate agents very busy and have arranged a viewing for tomorrow, am shattered have been cleaning lots! Was just starting to chill out a bit before we go and now this has happened it's all systems go again! Never mind hopefully will find another tenant very soon. The last week has just flown by. Will def get in touch before we fly out and see if we can arrange a time to meet hopefully by a pool with the children! Have you noticed a chill in the air here in Britain can't wait to go now! Good luck with everything

Hi Carla,

Sorry to hear about the house, I am sure it will go quick enough.

Forgot to say when I replied that I am using my account and not John's, a, trying not to be lazy!

John finishes work in ten days an we fly in seventeen days!!!

We went with John Mason for our shipping, I read good things about them an will let you know how it goes!

Netty

Hi Netty

Saw you got yourself your own userid :biggrin: Seventeen days!!! OMG!!! How exciting! How are you feeling?

Hi Netty, just noticed you are under a new user name.

This time next week we will be on the plane hopefully!if there's no delays. Had some bad news today our tenants for our house have dropped out at last minute with no valid reason really. Luckily estate agents very busy and have arranged a viewing for tomorrow, am shattered have been cleaning lots! Was just starting to chill out a bit before we go and now this has happened it's all systems go again! Never mind hopefully will find another tenant very soon. The last week has just flown by. Will def get in touch before we fly out and see if we can arrange a time to meet hopefully by a pool with the children! Have you noticed a chill in the air here in Britain can't wait to go now! Good luck with everything

Just noticed that your location is Birmingham.? Is that right cos we are just 40/50mins away from there!

Hi Carla, sorry have kept meaning to reply to your post. When are you due to leave? Have you got children also?

Hiya - no worries - you must be more than a little busy!:biggrin:

We haven't booked anything yet as we are waiting for the house to sell. Ideally we would like to be out there by the end of October but I have a feeling that is a little optimistic! We have two girls aged 7 (almost 8) and 9. Have you got children too?

Good luck with your move!

Hiya - no worries - you must be more than a little busy!:biggrin:

We haven't booked anything yet as we are waiting for the house to sell. Ideally we would like to be out there by the end of October but I have a feeling that is a little optimistic! We have two girls aged 7 (almost 8) and 9. Have you got children too?

Good luck with your move!

Hi Carla, we have one little girl, nearly five now.

How are you?

Netty x

Hi Carla, we have one little girl, nearly five now.

How are you?

Netty x

Hi Netty - I am fine thanks - you guys okay? Not long now for you - started any goodbyes yet?

We still haven't sold the house but I'm sure it won't be long (she says positively!) :biggrin:

We have been doing lots of de-cluttering and we have had one lot of shippers round and we will just about manage to get it into a 20ft container if we leave a couple of bits behind! (we have got a cople of bits that are optional in our choice to take so that's fine! We have got 3 more shipping companies coming this week to give us a quote so will kep you posted.

Take care x

Hey all,

It has all got a bit real now, the shippers are in on Monday and I finish work in about an hour for good in the UK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excited or scared, discuss. Nope I am scared!

OMG!!! You must be! I know I would be in your position! What happens after the shippers have been? Are you staying with people for a few days? Huge glass of wine needed for you tonight me thinks!!:biggrin:

Hey all,

It has all got a bit real now, the shippers are in on Monday and I finish work in about an hour for good in the UK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excited or scared, discuss. Nope I am scared!

Hi Netty and Carla,

It's very real for us now as we have arrived down under!!! This is our third day! Netty I noticed you said you have your movers coming tomorrow? Lots of luck with that!

The journey was not as bad as we thought with our two kiddies. The best thing we did was to book night flights as they both did sleep for quite a while. It was uncomfortable though as you just can't move or lie back much.Singapore airlines were great and the flights both went well, the last two afternoons we have all been very tired with the jet lag it really sets in on the afternoons. Today I feel almost back to normal. From what we have seen of the Gold coast so far it is amazing! We can't wait to find a house and so we can start to enjoy living here, there seems to be an awful lot to do here when you have got children. It kind of reminds me of a little Miami with all of the sky rises.

If you have any questions before you leave just ask. I would strongly suggest that you bring a few warm cardigans/ jumpers with you as the mornings here are freezing at the moment! It has rained a bit also, but we were told today it hasn't rain at all for ages so they do need it. September is supposed to be lovely as it's the start of spring. Good luck to both of you with your pending moves to oz.

Netty when you arrive at Ashmore if you would like to meet up sometime just ask at reception where the Barfields are staying and they will tell you which number and street we are in the resort as I will tell them that I am waiting to hear from you,

kind regards,

Lyndsey