Guest guest37336

Sell Us Your 'Sport'

Guest guest37336

I guess we all like different things in life, and fair play to that, so with this in mind try to tell others what sport you are interested/obsessive/good at.

I'll start, are you ready to be bored. I would mention Cricket, :SLEEP::SLEEP:, but I know of a few on here who will fall asleep if I go on too much,:wubclub:. But in all honesty fishing has to be my one sport that truly has me obsessed. I like all types of fishing, but am far more interested in Saltwater Flyfishing over recent years,:yes:.

And the great thing about it is that it's NOT just the fishing that gets the old juices going, fishing allows me to connect with nature as it were, to stand alone with just a fly rod in hand on a flat somewhere truly does inspire me, brings peace to my very soul, and for all intents and purposes makes all well with the world.

I have been very fortunate enough to have travelled the world in search of my own particular fishing 'Utopia', (yet to find it, but come close) and hopefully when back in OZ Exmouth, WA, may tick a few more boxes, (just need to convince the good lady).

Australia and Saltwater Flyfishing are my two greatest passions, and without them my life would indeed 'lose' something. Difficult to put either of my passions into words, but hopefully my fishing thoughts will be better explained by a few pics and videos.

[YOUTUBE]W8u9bygLV50[/YOUTUBE]

bonefish2.jpg

island.jpg

jpgUxv0gtkKRt.jpg

4219086096_4a7957664b.jpg

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Baiting poms...:wink:

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest guest37336

Need to do better than than mate if you want a 'bite' out of this Pom Bob,:biggrin:

stock-vector-fish-biting-the-hook-24720685.jpg

I use to do cross country and point to point racing until i shattered my knee cap :sad: Then i was just reduced to normal horsing around!

Oz is Beautiful, but the uk is home :wubclub:

Returned to Bournemouth 20th August 2010

Ma sport is catching wild haggis , they can be aggressive though , so you have to keep your wits aboot you, thinking o starting tours for the english :tongue:

A played rugby until a snapped ma ACL, but it's fixed noo, so a'll be trying to make a comeback for a lucky golden oldies team when we arrive in Brissie :)

Opportunities to run aboot like a bairn again, sidestepping (or maybe not!!) and bashing into folk legally, with a good social scene and suberb fans (at the big games anyway, there's never many fans at my level!!).

Best game ever :)

Guest siamsusie

Ice skating and skiing for me in the winter

Swimming, DS Diving, Fishing

Cycling in Holland coz its flat:tongue:but I do use it here in Tasmania.

dutch_bike_basket_500.jpg

Guest guest37336
Ice skating and skiing for me in the winter

Swimming, DS Diving, Fishing

Cycling in Holland coz its flat:tongue:but I do use it here in Tasmania.

dutch_bike_basket_500.jpg

I did ALL those highlighted at the same time once Susie,:eek:. Used to work on the Marlin boats out of Cairns and at night (if an over night trip was wanted by the client) we would fish for Tiger Sharks, one night it all went off and I found myself being pulled overboard by a rather angry shark.

I tell you what, it certainly wakes you up and amazing that the alcohol level in ones blood stream soon turns to adrenaline,:yes:. I can laugh now, but being in the water the same time as a rather perturbed Tiger certainly makes you appreciate dry land.:biglaugh:

The only sympathy I got was from the Aussie captain as he said, 'Bet that's the first shower you have had for a long time'. Oh yeah, ha bloody ha.:biglaugh:

Guest guest37336
I did ALL those highlighted at the same time once Susie,:eek:. Used to work on the Marlin boats out of Cairns and at night (if an over night trip was wanted by the client) we would fish for Tiger Sharks, one night it all went off and I found myself being pulled overboard by a rather angry shark.

I tell you what, it certainly wakes you up and amazing that the alcohol level in ones blood stream soon turns to adrenaline,:yes:. I can laugh now, but being in the water the same time as a rather perturbed Tiger certainly makes you appreciate dry land.:biglaugh:

The only sympathy I got was from the Aussie captain as he said, 'Bet that's the first shower you have had for a long time'. Oh yeah, ha bloody ha.:biglaugh:

I would like to add before I get slaughtered that back in those days virtually EVERY Shark was killed, and a lot of Marlin too.

I was using a 'Flying' gaff, but unfortunately the clip that 'should' have released got stuck and the shark 'rolled up' the gaff handle, the weight of it took me over.

Thankfully now things have changed somewhat. I know a lot of captains now release most sharks and Marlin are VERY rarely killed now, tag and release is the order of the day, thank god.

my%20black%20being%20tagged.JPG

GOOD.:yes:

alex_johnston_marlin.jpg

BAD.:shocked::no:

Cheers Tony.

Footy(proper footy),why?well its the most popular sport in the world(it IS!) and theres a reason for that,all yer need is a tennis ball for a kick about,thats what we learnt with in school.

It brings joy and despair in equal measure to the poor people in the slums of rio to the corporate brigade at most prem grounds.

For me its the most exciting sport in the world,they dont stop halfway thru for dinner:wideeyed::biggrin:,i just love it,after familly its the most important thing in my life and at present im turkeying for some footy bigtime!:arghh:

The match(going to anfield/europe)was the thing thats allways got me thru the dark days,im not one to share my troubles tbh,keep things to meself tbh,so if i was having a bad time i would just focus/look forward to the next match,then the next and so on,then eventually the bad times had gone.

Footballs given me the best week of my life................................and worst.

This was the worst,but just made us all even more clannish and together than we already were,bit maudling i know,but its part of our history now,so we cant forget

[YOUTUBE]lGsK1fx8t18[/YOUTUBE]

This was the best,3 nil down at halftime and still singing,we won btw for non footy fans:smile:

[YOUTUBE]FEEbbXtmI30[/YOUTUBE]

Just a cpl of examples of why i love footy,but more importantly LOVE LFC:notworthy:

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub:

Love Badminton although I haven't played it since school lol! Was gonna join a club but then I started my current job so couldn't fit it in. Love swimming, used to be a pretty strong swimmer, but again just don't get the time! And every day I am cycling for work, if you can call that a sport haha. Keeps me sort of fit though! I can't wait to try out the different water sports in Aus.

This has gone quiet so heres another reason i love footy,just to show were not all hoolies,this is us with 5 or 6 Milan fans a cpl of hours AFTER they had beaten us in the Athens final of 07,they wandered up a street which was full of lpool fans,when they seen us they put their heads down and started marching up the street quick like to get out of there,fearing trouble i suppose,anyway one of the lads shouted them and gave them a beer and they then relaxed and joined in the craic,thats what i love the craic:notworthy:,im on the 1st vid but cba explaining where,plus nobody will be arsed anyway:sad::laugh:,but footy=the craic=the fans,forget about the overpaid tarts who play,its all about us,the fans who love our clubs:yes:thats who matters!

[YOUTUBE]v3WYeQSl0wc[/YOUTUBE]

This is our own fans "havin a laff":wideeyed::biggrin:,most of the cans were emptyISH:wink:

[YOUTUBE]Gv51WNwHC48[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]QBYyKegNWBk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]CMvsDq6ku14[/YOUTUBE]

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub: