176 Visa--Medicals finalised, waiting for Cdn police checks. What are our chances?

Guest niceday

Guest niceday

Hi Everyone,

First of all, I have found this forum to be really helpful, both in easing our minds and raising new issues for us to consider before heading off. I have a brief question that I hope someone will not mind answering:

My partner is a carpenter and being state sponsored by Victoria on the 176 visa, we have priority 2 level processing. I am his de-facto partner. Our CO was assigned April 20th 2011. Our medicals have been finalised and we are waiting for final police checks (I am Canadian and my partner lived in Canada for three years. Word of warning, the police checks from Canada take an extremely long time, as long as three months so any Canadians keep that in mind).

We are waiting for a police checks from Canada to come in (our CO is aware of the length of time Canadian police checks take and it is not a problem). My question is, has anyone had medicals finalised and submitted clean police checks then had their visa refused, and if so what was the reason for refusal? Our document checklist is only missing police checks. I have not seen any case of rejection at this stage on the forum so far, and I thought others might also be interested in the response. Thanks in advance.