Canberra Beer and Burgers meet up 31st July

nik_kershaw

Hi,

we are currently in Singapore and due to arrive in Canberra on 26th July so your meet up would be great timing for us to meet a few of you guys- all Canberra tips welcome!! - we will see you there!

Steven and Richard

Did you arrive in Canberra OK yesterday? Hope so!

Mark and Michael.

:biggrin::chatterbox:

Did you arrive in Canberra OK yesterday? Hope so!

Mark and Michael.

:biggrin::chatterbox:

Hi guys, yes we arrived ok yesterday thanks, a bit tired but feeling good today, until trying to sort out mobiles and broadband what a nightmare!!See you for beer and burgers.

Rich & Steven

Guest SandP
Hi guys, yes we arrived ok yesterday thanks, a bit tired but feeling good today, until trying to sort out mobiles and broadband what a nightmare!!See you for beer and burgers.

Rich & Steven

I feel for you mobile and broadband are a nightmare. Beware with Vodafone mobile broadband - we got a prepaid 6GB pack and very rarely got a signal in Ainslie and when we did it was very slow and no chance of skyping UK.

Also Vodafone reception is not so great in Gungahlin district but I think you were thinking of a more central location weren't you so you may be OK. I am told Telstra has the best reception and my OH has it and never seems to have a problem.

Good luck with it all.

Sara:cute:

It was Telstra who we had the problem with for the mobile broadband, took from 3.00pm to 11.00pm to get sorted out last night, but its working fine now (touch wood), and for all the hassle they gave us 5gb extra credit..bonus!! so quite like them now!!

Rich

It was Telstra who we had the problem with for the mobile broadband, took from 3.00pm to 11.00pm to get sorted out last night, but its working fine now (touch wood), and for all the hassle they gave us 5gb extra credit..bonus!! so quite like them now!!

Rich

We're still waiting for internode to connect us, they cancelled their connection day 3 times! $60 a month too with a connection fee.

Nightmare...

Mike.

Guest destinationoz

ENJOY SUNDAY everyone!

Wish we were there! Shippers took everything yesterday thou so only 2 weeks left -

If you fancy arranging another B&B do - count us in if it's after 26 August (stopping off in Singapore first)

Have Fun

Cal & co

ENJOY SUNDAY everyone!

Wish we were there! Shippers took everything yesterday thou so only 2 weeks left -

If you fancy arranging another B&B do - count us in if it's after 26 August (stopping off in Singapore first)

Have Fun

Cal & co

Happy travels!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Thanks to everyone for comming out today, when I wasn't chasing after my son I mangeged to chat to most of you (sorry for the ones I didn't). Anyway I am looking to plan another meet up some time in September, but I'll have to check when the raiders are playing etc.

This time I am thinking about going to Tidbinbilla nature reserve.

http://www.tidbinbilla.com.au/

Here you will see Kangaroo's as well as other australian wildlife. There is a nice BBQ area and playground for the kids, infact the best playground I have seen in Australia. This means I won't be chasing a young boy as he can go wild.

Be aware that there is a charge of going in there but you can spend all day in there and get an annual pass for $30 which is well worth it. If some people havn't got wheels then I can bring at least 2 people and I am sure others can jump in other people's vehicles.

Anyway, let me know what you think. I'll do it again on a Sunday as the fewest number of people are working or got shopping to do. I think 12 noon will be a good time again, just got to decide on a date, it will also be a bit warmer, maybe even shorts weather ( I know thats a big call)

Cheers for arranging Nick. Was great to meet everyone - my kids loved playing after your son.

Met a lot of people today, pm me if you want my email address. Look forward to meeting you all on the next meet up and at the rugby!

Mike and family.

Thanks to everyone for comming out today, when I wasn't chasing after my son I mangeged to chat to most of you (sorry for the ones I didn't). Anyway I am looking to plan another meet up some time in September, but I'll have to check when the raiders are playing etc.

This time I am thinking about going to Tidbinbilla nature reserve.

http://www.tidbinbilla.com.au/

Here you will see Kangaroo's as well as other australian wildlife. There is a nice BBQ area and playground for the kids, infact the best playground I have seen in Australia. This means I won't be chasing a young boy as he can go wild.

Be aware that there is a charge of going in there but you can spend all day in there and get an annual pass for $30 which is well worth it. If some people havn't got wheels then I can bring at least 2 people and I am sure others can jump in other people's vehicles.

Anyway, let me know what you think. I'll do it again on a Sunday as the fewest number of people are working or got shopping to do. I think 12 noon will be a good time again, just got to decide on a date, it will also be a bit warmer, maybe even shorts weather ( I know thats a big call)

Thank you for arranging. We had a great time too. Always good making new friends! Can't wait for the next event.

Mat & Anna

Guest destinationoz

Definitely count us in next time! We'll be the newbies by then and keen to meet others. Love the idea of going Tidbinbilla - loved it when we first went!

Guest journeydownunder

Great to meet you all today. Look forward to the next one and if any of you fancy a coffee (wine!) in the mean time just pm me and we can exchange numbers. Thanks Marcus for organizing, hope you got your boy home without him getting in to mischief!! He's a Right little cutie!

Em & Al

We're all fine thanks Marcus, Peter our elder boy tripped & fell onto his scooter, got himself a 5cm gash in his knee - he didn't realise he'd done it at first until he wondered why his trousers were wet, we literally had the car running on the driveway ready to come down & I could almost taste Guinness but I took one look & knew it needed stitches - our first experience of Aussie hospitals & was expecting a bill on the way out so was pleasantly surprised when told there was no charge.

haven't been to Tidbinbilla yet so looking forward to that - the raiders last game will be at the end of August (no chance of getting near the finals) so any weekend in September is good, see you there.