Canberra Beer and Burgers meet up 31st July

nik_kershaw

Hi everyone,

I am organising a meet up at King o'Malley's in civic for a number of reasons,

I need a beer,

We appear not to have done one for ages

There have been a few people who are new to the group so i thought i would welcome them

King o'Malley's is in civic so it is central to everyone so there shouldn't be any problems plus I think they serve pints etc.

I have put this in the events but has to be given the OK by a MOD

12.00 noon and it doesn't clash with a home raiders games however it should be on TV as the green machine are playing in NZ

Any questions or problems then give me a shout

Nik

Hi everyone,

I need a beer,

There have been a few people who are new to the group so i thought i would welcome them

King o'Malley's is in civic so it is central to everyone so there shouldn't be any problems plus I think they serve pints etc.

12.00 noon and it doesn't clash with a home raiders games however it should be on TV as the green machine are playing in NZ

Nik

Hi Nik

Would love to come along - Im sure the OH would love a pint! O'Malleys sounds irish so if they dont have a pint I'll be suprised. We will see you on the 31st. Looking forward to it!

Suzanne & Dave

Hi everyone,

I need a beer,

Nik

Great, see you there!

Deb & Gary

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Guest SandP
Hi everyone,

I need a beer,

Nik

Hi Nik

Are kids OK to come? We don't have anyone to leave them with but no probs if its an adults only affair.

Sara

:unsure:

Hi Nik

Are kids OK to come? We don't have anyone to leave them with but no probs if its an adults only affair.

Sara

I have tried to call the pub to see if it is good to take kids, but no joy so I have emailed them, and hopefully they will get back to me, failing that I have a friend who used to work there, I'll ask her

As soon as i know I'll let everyone else know

Will try our damnedest to make this one. Guinness anyone?

MrsMoo - although I am a Paddy would you believe Ive never tasted guinness!!! Maybe a glass of wine.

Nik - would be good to know if we could bring the kids - we have a 13 yr old !!

Karen and Ian - are you bringing your girls?

Suzanne

MrsMoo - although I am a Paddy would you believe Ive never tasted guinness!!! Maybe a glass of wine.

Nik - would be good to know if we could bring the kids - we have a 13 yr old !!

Karen and Ian - are you bringing your girls?

Suzanne

Oh yes!! If there are going to be other kids there, we'll definitely bring the boys along :yes:

Hi Nik

Sara

In here at the mo and seen a couple of kids in here so it doesn't look to be a problem...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

There seems to be a good few of us going next Sunday week - looking forward to it. Im struggling a bit with Canberra at the moment and Im only here 6 weeks so it would be nice to get other peoples perspectives. I dont feel homesick and I dont want to leave Australia so its a bit of a strange one!! See you guys Sunday week

Suzanne

Guest destinationoz
Hi,

we are currently in Singapore and due to arrive in Canberra on 26th July so your meet up would be great timing for us to meet a few of you guys- all Canberra tips welcome!! - we will see you there!

Steven and Richard

Hey! We're stopping off in Singapore in a few weeks ... Any tips on that front?

Cal C :-)

Hey! We're stopping off in Singapore in a few weeks ... Any tips on that front?

Cal C :-)

Hi Cal, yes plenty!! If you are staying in the city the taxi in is about 20 singapore $, great service, takes about 25 minutes. We are staying at Changi which is not in the city - a bit quieter - Changi Village hotel.

A good (cheap) day trip is the boat trip from Changi ferry point in Changi Village to the island Pulau Ubin - its 2.50 each way and on the island you can hire bikes and ride around in about 1 hour - great wildlife - lizards, monkeys etc. and plenty places to get a drink and a snack.

If you are planning on going to Universal Studios on Sentosa island take your wallet - it is expensive! The cable car ride over to Sentosa is great though - $26 return per adult.

In the city you will find western style supermarkets in the shopping malls, they sell all the essentials and you can get beers/wine there cheaper than the hotel prices which are pretty steep.

Night safari is worth a look if you like animals in the dark! Actually its a really good trip.

Use the SMRT (underground) system to get around - it is really easy to use and cheap. They have automated ticket machines where you select your destination on a touch screen, so pretty easy.

Hope this helps - any specific questions let me know.

Steven and Richard

Guest SandP
Put us down as tentative... we got young uns - so not 100% sure..

We have smallies too but hopefully we'll be there. It will be interesting to put faces to names. Hope to see you all there:biggrin: