Son has left for OZ.

thepallis

Just returned from Manchester airport where we, (OH, youngest son and myself) have said goodbye to our eldest son/brother who has left for Perth on a WHV. As if one year isn't enough he is aiming to do the 2nd year too.

Wasn't prepared for the wave of emotions that hit us all, especially his brother who is still at home (unsure of whether to come with us when we go). He is normally as hard as a nut but not this morning. OH asked why are we all upset when we know he is going to have the time of his life. He is I'm left with a nuclear fallout in the shape of his bedroom. Oh my god, how much stuff can one person fit into a room. Anyway thats enough for now off for another cry. :em4600: I'm sure it will get easier.

Guest guest37336
Just returned from Manchester airport where we, (OH, youngest son and myself) have said goodbye to our eldest son/brother who has left for Perth on a WHV. As if one year isn't enough he is aiming to do the 2nd year too.

Wasn't prepared for the wave of emotions that hit us all, especially his brother who is still at home (unsure of whether to come with us when we go). He is normally as hard as a nut but not this morning. OH asked why are we all upset when we know he is going to have the time of his life. He is I'm left with a nuclear fallout in the shape of his bedroom. Oh my god, how much stuff can one person fit into a room. Anyway thats enough for now off for another cry. :em4600: I'm sure it will get easier.

Hi Pallis.

A great adventure for him indeed,:jiggy:, but as you say the 'hollowness' left behind is something that is I imagine very difficult to explain and 'deal' with,:no:.

But hopefully he will keep in contact very often and tell you what is going on and in that way you can still be a HUGE part of his life and adventure.

As far as the bedrooms goes,:arghh:, I know the feeling. Asked my eldest to clean up her room the other day, I only noticed her when from under the duvet she mumbled, 'I'm 18 now', to which I replied, 'Yep'.:biglaugh:

Cheers Tony.:wink: