Guest TH82

Anyone going NOT State Sponsored?

Guest TH82

Hi everyone

We lodged our Independent Skilled on 7th June. The vast majority of applicants seem to be State Sponsored with their applications being dealt with very quickly, was just wondering if there many other Independent applicants around who we would be able to go through the process with and compare timelines etc?

Hi

I got state sponsorship from SA as a backup plan in case my occuption came off the SOL. Didn't have enough points under a 175 under the old points test. The occuption has stayed on the new SOL, so I'm going for a 175 visa instead as we want to move to Melbourne and not Adelaide. Just waiting now until Friday 1st July when I'll have 75 points and put my 175 application in.

Guest robnnic

We are going 175, but just awaiting skills assessment. Struggling to fill the 175 application form in though!!

hi we are going on 175 visa, we applied AUG 2010 and got the email fromdiac in march, done our meds and police checks etc just after the email, and we got our VISA in MAY 19th. moving to perth, if you are online app it also helps as things move quicker, and it was my wife who is a nurse.

we have flights book and rental booked. we are off on 16th Jan 2012. Joondalup area, Perth..:biggrin:

Hi TH82,

All Independent 175 applications are classed a cat 3 processing and there is a thread "Category 3 - where are you now" that has all the 175 people in it which you will find useful for timelines etc...

Cheers

Guest TH82
Hi TH82,

All Independent 175 applications are classed a cat 3 processing and there is a thread "Category 3 - where are you now" that has all the 175 people in it which you will find useful for timelines etc...

Cheers

Thanks Foxy will check it out x

We lodged our 175 application on the 1st June, the waiting begins now.........................!!!!

AFTER LAST YEAR'S DISASTER, WE ARE NOW EXPLORING OTHER AVENUES TO GET TO OZ!

WE FLY OUT ON THE 7th APRIL :) YAY!!!!!

Yep, we applied end April 2011 for our 175........waiting.....

175- 23rd April 2011 -VisaGranted-21/11/2011........ Landed in Queensland June 2012. Let the fun begin........:ssign17:

We applied for 176 family sponsored which I believe for all intents and purposes is the same as independent. Just finishing off uploading docs as I type this.

Jan 2011: start | 21/03/11 submit skills form | 24/05/11 received skills assessment | IELTS: (8) | started VISA 176 family sponsor application 11/06/11 | all docs uploaded & fingers crossed 6/7/11 | CO assigned 10/4/12 | Visa given May 2012! | Moved to Sydney 7th December 2012

Hi all,

Im a 175'er....see timeline below...

IELTS 19/03/11 (Overall: 8.5) | ACS (Dev/Prog 2613-12) passed 18/06/11 | 175 Lodged 22/06/11 | Front Loaded PCC 26/09/11, Meds 19/11/11 | CO: 30/01/12 | Visa Grant: 31/01/12 | Fly Out to Perth 13/08/12 | Settling into Perth...