AaronS

Wife got her IELTS scores today!

My wife got her scores in today. She went into the test blind. She didn't even looking at what would be involved or any sample tests.

She got 8.5/8.5/7.5/9

That gives her an extra 10 points on the new test and puts her up to 70 points total! Yeehaw! (as we say here in Texas)

One step closer!

Great!!! IELTS is an easy way to claim extra points, indeed!!!

Wish you both good luck with the visa!!!

PR VISA: 221213 EXTERNAL AUDITOR | 27/08/12 NAATI Community Language (Russian) | 22/06/15 PTE Academic (L90 R90 S90 W90) | 26/06/15 CPA Skills Assessment (12/12) | 26/06/15 EOI | 03/08/15 Invitation to apply | 24/08/15 Visa lodged | 08/10/15 GRANT

CITIZENSHIP: 01/01/19 Application Lodged | 20/01/20 Invitation Received | 21/01/20 Interview & Test Passed (100%) | Pending Approval | Pending Ceremony Invitation | Pending Ceremony 

Hi Aaron,

Just a question!! Do you have to get an 8 overall, or get min of 8 in each category?

My hubby doing it next week, he just started reading through practice papers to be sure, to be sure!!!!!

congrats

cheers cazmayo

Guest ozfish1972

:confused:Hi I'm taking my IELTS on 16th july..I am a midwife and i ave to get an 8 on all sections...starting to panic again even though i'm practicing...the writing is the worry...anybody any ideas????:chatterbox:

Hi Aaron,

Just a question!! Do you have to get an 8 overall, or get min of 8 in each category?

My hubby doing it next week, he just started reading through practice papers to be sure, to be sure!!!!!

congrats

cheers cazmayo

Hi all

You need to obtain a minimum of 8 in each category to get the extra 10 points.

I know some occupations require a minumum score in each category so you need to check your occupation requirements also !

Cheers

I believe with the new point system it's 10pts for all 7s and 20pts for all 8s. So since my wife got a 7.5 in one category which gives her 10 points.

:confused:Hi I'm taking my IELTS on 16th july..I am a midwife and i ave to get an 8 on all sections...starting to panic again even though i'm practicing...the writing is the worry...anybody any ideas????:chatterbox:

Hi there,

Firstly, don't panic!! The writing is fine as long as you have a look at the format that they expect, and do a little practise if you feel you need it. There are a couple of threads that have some good advice from people that have already done their IELTS. Do a search for "IELTS Rant" & "IELTS this week". Hope that helps.

Nic

I'll chime in one more point. The staff at the location where my wife took the test was HORRID! Houston, TX.....she arrived in plenty of time but everyone there was required to stand outside the building as they took in 5 at a time. She was standing outside for an hour plus and it was in the mid 90s(F) temp. No chairs or refreshments. After she was taken inside there was a lobby that could have easily sat everyone. She said they were alos very rude and treated the people there very poorly....especially the individuals that were of other nationalities or race than they. Now that we have the results in hand a complaint is going to be submitted on that test center.