Acacia Prison?

Guest Guest 47403

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I was close to working at Acacia, it is based at a place 50km in land called woorolloo or something like that and i asked them to consider the wife for a job as a nurse, thinking theres a shortage of nurses and we would come as a good package, but they told me that there nurses are agency nurses, but that was 5 years ago after we visited wonderful Perth in january 2006. It might have changed since then, so best of luck.

Guest Guest 47403
I was close to working at Acacia, it is based at a place 50km in land called woorolloo or something like that and i asked them to consider the wife for a job as a nurse, thinking theres a shortage of nurses and we would come as a good package, but they told me that there nurses are agency nurses, but that was 5 years ago after we visited wonderful Perth in january 2006. It might have changed since then, so best of luck.

Cheers Jim, the wife was working for Serco health in the UK but has just TUPE'd back in to the NHS she's keen to continue working in a prison when we get to Perth, Serco still have the contract at the prison she works in and she's been given some contacts for Serco HR in Oz, whilst she's been on maternity leave a few nurses have gone over to work there through Serco although the nursing is done through the WA government. Apparantly it's much more stressful working conditions than the UK but they all love it because of what you have when you leave work..........just an option we're looking at.

Baz

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Cheers Jim, the wife was working for Serco health in the UK but has just TUPE'd back in to the NHS she's keen to continue working in a prison when we get to Perth, Serco still have the contract at the prison she works in and she's been given some contacts for Serco HR in Oz, whilst she's been on maternity leave a few nurses have gone over to work there through Serco although the nursing is done through the WA government. Apparantly it's much more stressful working conditions than the UK but they all love it because of what you have when you leave work..........just an option we're looking at.

Baz

I think Serco also run Casuarina Prison safe.gif as well now, they were taking it over and my contact was talking about there as well, it isn't far from Rockingham, Baldivis, just up from there, to me its better than 50km in land. I think you should send them an e-mail and see what they say, let us know the wife might be interested.