Well here we go, third time lucky!!

Guest jackie Macdonald

Guest jackie Macdonald

Hi everyone, it's around 8 weeks now before I venture back to Oz for the third time and 5 months since I have seen my dear hubby :(

I must confess I have had some massive wobbles along the way and at times been beside myself questioning whether I am doing the right thing! (we've all been there!) but I have finally got my head around it all. After consoling the kids on leaving their friends and promising them they will make new ones, I think I have finally reassured them that it is where we are meant to be at this moment in time. They have got used to the idea and are now as eager as I am to 'try it out once more!!

This has been mainly due to the support and encouragement I have received here on this forum. So I wanted to take this opportunity to say thanks to all my fellow POMS (you know who you are!), especially those already living, or previously having lived the adventure, you have really helped me all the way with my decision and made me feel so bloody normal. I have a bunch of girls who are organising a night out for my family to meet up with them all pretty much as soon as we touch down!

It just goes to show how valuable this forum is. I am so grateful for everyone's support. After being given so much encouragement and help, I couldn't have got my head around it all without you.

I really appreciate you all and as a result, I am going forth with a very positive head, knowing you will still be here if I need you!

Here's to a happy future - wherever it may lead us!!

Jackie XXXX:smile::hug:

You'll be fine! Dont think of it as a life sentence but just the best opportunity that cropped up for you and that you can re-evaluate when circumstances change. While you have your freedom to escape if necessary (or even the perception that you have that freedom!) then it becomes so much easier to live with as just another stage in your life. People are the most important thing in your life, so getting back together as a family is going to be the best thing!

Guest guest37336

Hi Jackie.

So sorry for not 'communicating' more, no excuses, just plain bloody rude matey, so sorry.:wubclub:. Had a bit on, but still a pathetic excuse.

Having said that, go for it matey, I truly hope all your hopes and aspirations come true this time matey, you deserve it Jackie.

Cheers Tony.:wubclub: