Sunshine and surrounding suburbs

young2682

Hi all,

My hubby is starting a job based in sunshine at end July, before today we thought we were going to be elsewhere so now having to start research again!

We have two young children not yet at school so any advice/info on nice suburbs surrounding sunshine would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance,

Alex :wacko:

Guest McDonaldWong

Dont know much about the west but how about these:

Melton

Essendon

Williamstown

Caroline Springs

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Alex

I wouldn't choose Sunshine to live (known as Scumshine to the locals), Broadmeadows or Footscray, have a look at Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Sanctuary Lakes, Brunswick, Parkville

Kate

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all,

My hubby is starting a job based in sunshine at end July, before today we thought we were going to be elsewhere so now having to start research again!

We have two young children not yet at school so any advice/info on nice suburbs surrounding sunshine would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance,

Alex :wacko:

Hiya,

My husband also works in Sunshine and he has a lovely 3 bedroom house in West Footscray which costs $410 per week. Ideally he wanted Cairnlea but there were no suitable houses there for us. The commute from West Footscray is 10-12 mins max. I'm not moving over until the end of August so I can't comment on how decent the suburbs are but my OH has said Sunshine isn't too nice.

Good luck with the house hunt, I heard it's a nightmare!!:arghh:

Is your husband a nurse? Just asking cos I work as a nurse and a lot of people end up in Sunshine as there is a big hospital there. Sunshine is not really what you dream of when you think of Australia, but as has been said previously Williamstown is nice, Melton, I understand, is dangerous, you don't have to live out west to work in Sunshine, you could live in the city and not have too many problems as long as the job is not 9-5 when the commute would take forever cos of the traffic

• 4 weeks later...

Archived