ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest thekelbos

Police Checks - Adivce Please!!!

Guest thekelbos

Hi,

This is a bit long winded but I want to explain everything so nobody thinks I'm some pyscho vandal and hopefully I can get some clear advice!

Just filling in our Police Check forms and I got to the question - Have you ever been arrested, dealt with by way of caution/warning/reprimand or been convicted of a criminal offence in England, Wales Northern Ireland or Scotland?

My problem is this; in 2005 I was arrested for criminal damage to private property (scratching my ex-boyfriends parents car). I was asked to go down to the local police station, processed (finger prints, DNA and photo), interviewed and then bailed for 7 days pending further investigation.

The outcome was that my ex-boyfriends father had actually got him to lie to the police, I had text messages and phonecalls on my mobile which showed that my ex was trying to get in touch with me whilst the police were actually taking his fathers statement and imediately after he had given his.

Needless to say the officer that interviewed me was totally pieved off and despite telling my ex's father this he insisted on going ahead with charges. So it was sent to the CPS who in the words of the officer "wouldn't touch it with a barge pole" and actually my ex's father got a warning for wasting police time.

Now I actually work with Severely Autistic and Disabled Children and over the last 11yrs have had multiple Enhanced CRB certificates. Never have I had to delcare this incident and its never come up on the search. I have noticed though on the actual forms you fill in it only asks if you have been convicted of a criminal offence or received a caution/warning/reprimand. It never actually asks have you been arrested.

I rang our local police force but they said the Subject Access department are only open 9am-4pm Mon-Fri and I would need to speak to them and discuss it with them.

I am now worried this is going to stop us as I know a friends brother once got a caution for cannibis whilst at school and they can't emmigrate to Canada as a result.

So if anybosy has been in the same situation or knows about Police things I's really appreciate your help!

Thanks for reading!!

It wont stop you,ive got more than that on my check,inc drink driving yrs ago,just declare it anyway,you'l be ok.

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub:

Guest Guest31881

many of our members have had minor offenses recorded and it does not stop them getting a visa. If it did not go to court then it may not show, (but cautions do). best thing is to declare it on your application and explain the circumstances. then if it does show on your ACPO check, you have been honest. Normally the Australian immigration are only bothered about offenses that give 12 or more months as a prison sentence. Your incident will not be a problem, just be honest, that saves any awkward questions if anything shows up.

Guest thekelbos

Pablo, hahaha thanks I feel a bit better now!

Srp I think I will and on the continuation sheet I'll just explain the incident and outcome.

Funny thing is at the time I was actually a volunteer Appropriate Adult for Young Offenders and so was regularly at the same Police Station looking out for YO welfare when arrested and the Custody Sergeant thought I was taking the mick when I said I was under arrest!

Wigan girls are reknowned for keying cars if refused the last pie kelbo:biggrin::laugh::wink:

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub:

Guest thekelbos

Is that what you reckon, hahaha. I'm actually a scouser so I suppose the car should've come off a lot worse, lol:wink: its the OH whose a pie eater not me!!

Guest thekelbos

Scousers need to stick together these pie eaters are hard work sometimes! :wink::biggrin::laugh: