whichway

pub etiquette

So last night I was in a bar (for the first time in friggin years and it was fab but that is beside the point) and this guy started to talking to me and because I am polite I talked back. We were talking for less than 5 minutes maybe three sentences and then he says "you single?" and I said "no" and he said "what the f*** are you doing speaking to me then?" and turned away.

Now I was pretty shocked cos

a) I wasn't flirting

b) it's not like I had spent all night chatting to him making him think he might be in with a chance

c) apart from anything else it was pretty rude

I said to my boyfriend the next day and he said "what happened to the days when you could just speak to someone of the opposite sex without it meaning you had to have a root?" and I reckoned he is right.

I know this guy is probably a one off, but surely it's ok to be polite and speak to someone new in a pub or whatever. Or, are you expected as soon as someone starts chatting to you to say "sorry mate you can't talk to me I'm attached" cos I think that's a bit presumptious really.

Also ladies if you are wanting to feel crap about your appearance go out in the Gold Coast.

I have never seen so many attractive women in one place in my life. I think all the GC girls are a size 10 or less.

It's harsh man.

You gotta feel sorry for him! He was disappointed. Now if some bloke spoke to me and the same thing happened I would really be shocked:biglaugh:

TRA Submitted 24/03/11,TRA Successful 18/04/11,WA SA Submitted 19/04/11,WA Approved 20/05/11,176 Visa lodged 20/05/11,Form 1100 to DIAC 22/06/11,CO Assigned 05/07/11,Medicals 19/9/11 Finalized 27/09/11,S.Africa+UK PCC sent to CO 6/10/11,VISA Granted 7/10/11!

Guest towfeeq

okay, there are two kind of people in this world. some people wants to spend his/her life with one person, and on the other hand, some shuffles around their choices. In your case, you and the guy was a complete mismatch.

I believe you've every reasons to feel bothered, but trust me, you don't have to. these guys do not know what is a relationship. or a manner to interact with someone. Hence, why would you remember such an incident that caused by some uncivilised bozo?

Guest towfeeq

You gotta feel sorry for him! He was disappointed. Now if some bloke spoke to me and the same thing happened I would really be shocked.

lol... you made it really funny thewebweazel. :jiggy:

The man lost his shot for the night. Neither he had the etiquette nor the money to buy a drink for a girl. So, all he could do was to get a girl by talkin'. :notworthy:

You gotta feel sorry for him! He was disappointed. Now if some bloke spoke to me and the same thing happened I would really be shocked:biglaugh:

That's very funny:laugh:

Also ladies if you are wanting to feel crap about your appearance go out in the Gold Coast.

I have never seen so many attractive women in one place in my life. I think all the GC girls are a size 10 or less.

It's harsh man.

Yer can keep them spare ribs,curves are this yrs black:yes:,the fellah you met needs to grow up,the halfwit!

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub:

Yer can keep them spare ribs,curves are this yrs black:yes:,the fellah you met needs to grow up,the halfwit!

Aw that's nice. Curves really need to make a comeback. I am sick of being hungry!!

Also (see you can tell I don't get out much and/or am getting old) where has everyones skirts gone? Seriously! The dresses are literally just sitting at the very bottom of their bum. I actually think it's not a bad look and might wear it if I could pull it off but geez how do these women get out of cars, stand up from sitting, sit from standing, pick something up off the floor and the skirt stays stuck. It's weird.

Aw that's nice. Curves really need to make a comeback. I am sick of being hungry!!

Also (see you can tell I don't get out much and/or am getting old) where has everyones skirts gone? Seriously! The dresses are literally just sitting at the very bottom of their bum. I actually think it's not a bad look and might wear it if I could pull it off but geez how do these women get out of cars, stand up from sitting, sit from standing, pick something up off the floor and the skirt stays stuck. It's weird.

Maybe im moving to the wrong place then:cute::biggrin:,maybe they have arse tape as well as t#t tape:wideeyed::laugh:

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub:

Aye at lad sounds an arse hole, a like curves :wubclub: in fact am nae at fussy a like most things aboot women, apart fae their bloody moaning:eek: