Guest Sheza1963

Last Remaining Relative Visa

Guest Sheza1963

Does anyone know about any new rules coming into place for the Last Remaining Relative Visa?

I did hear that it would take 10.5 years for my sister to get here after her application is lodged

is this correct? she is 42. Living in Uk atm.

Guest ctodd

HI

new dates came into place in jan of this year and depending when ur sisters lodge date is it may well take upto 10yrs information is on the immi website which will give you full dates. the new budget came out last month with the visa numbers gone up but we will not know how this will effect the times untill mid july, my advice is to get the immi site and get in contact with her CO mid july to see if her time has come down. My lodge date was Nov/10 and im looking at a 3yr wait for my LRR visa.

regards

Colin

Guest Sheza1963

Well she can't apply till my parents have their contributory aged parent visa Application is in and should come within the next 12 months. It looks like she may have along wait then!! Does it make a difference in what age you are when you apply do you know? She is 41 now.

Hi Sheza

Age doesn't matter too much on this visa - she just needs to be, and remain the LRR for the duration of the application period. There is the option of her applying for this visa on-shore once your parents are here and settled - although this won't change the timescales too much if at all, it may make the wait easier for her.

HTH

Cx

Guest guest36187

Sheza, have your parents applied for their cpv yet?