Any 457 help/advice/anything appreciated

Guest Teddyowen

Guest Teddyowen

Hey all,

I'm in a bit of a dilemma here. I came over to Australia in August 2010 on a working holiday visa with Australian girlfriend with view of applying for de facto partner visa after 12months which would have been about this time, however unfortunately she decided that it wasn't for her anymore and ended the relationship.

The application never went in for de facto visa. The job I have at the moment was offered to me on the basis that once I got de facto visa it would be made permanent. I've explained situation to my employer and they've been great about it, and are willing to sponsor me to keep me here considering I gave up job/place/everything back home to come out here, however the job I'm in isn't on the 457 Temporary residence occupations list.

So my understanding is despite the fact employer wants to keep me, and I would like to stay here (considering I at least have a job here and I'll be going back to nothing otherwise!!) that I'm probably going to have leave when my current visa expires in August? If anyone wants to correct me please feel free and make my day?!! If it's just a case of too bad so sad, then I guess it's back home for me :(

Guest siamsusie

Welcome to Poms In Oz Teddyowen,

Hopefully you will receive some answers soon!

A wee bump for you!

Good luck

Susie x