ARTC

Guest mattyd1986

Guest mattyd1986

ARTC

Hi. I am matt, been in sydney since June 2009 and love it except for this matter!!!!

For those in the know ARTC stands for Australian Recognised Trade Certificate. This is basically a department who deals with trades such as mine Electrical, now you have to complete lots of paperwork, copy certs, letters of all sorts and info. Not an easy application to do I can assure you. By the way if anything in your application os wrong or they require more, you have to submit it with the original sum of 300 aus dollars again. Thats right the application costs 300$ and if they want more or say no it costs $300 each time...

Now, this is where my problem lies. Has anyone else found out how useless they are. My application has been in since 19th March 2011 and I have tried communicating with them but they offer no help. I am receiving lots of pressure from my company who I am on a 457 visa with and they want to cancel the visa even though it has been granted. Can they just cancel it??? I have not worked since the application date above and am starting to pull my hair out...

I have spoken, to the tra, immi, diac, immigration officers, artc representatives...

Anyone Know of anyone, anything else i can do, talk too, communicate with anything.

Before i do just throw my hands up in the air and give up...

Please help a fellow pommy out. plllleeeeeaaaaaassssssseeeee

Thanks for reading this. Pom Pom

Sorry to hear about your problem, I have read many similar stories. Unfortunately I am not in the same line so cannot help but just to the visa question, well yes if they withdraw the job offer then they would have to get the visa cancelled. :sad:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, we have a 176 visa and have applied to artc and it would appear that they are taking about 6 months to process applications!! We have been waiting since 14 may and I dud contact them to be told they r busy and have a backlog !! I also know of one person that waited 6 months only to be told to cancel the application and they have to go down the vetassess route!!

Have u looked at the 2 week course u can do in wa ? That's another option

Best of luck

HI,

I don't know if this well help but my OH applied in march his application was looked at around the end of April.

He was told he did not supply enough information and would have to undergo a phone interview. Basically to cut a long story short he had to chase them for the interview which he had on the 13th of may, he was told he application would be completed by the 17th of may and would have his cert a week later. Brilliant we thought as he was starting work in NSW on the 20th of June no such luck. He still hadn't revived his cert by 10th of June,I rang a few times and complained and eventually was lucky enough to get someone on the end of the phone that sympathized with us and passed our number on to the head of the department. He rang back within an hour and we had the cert one week later.

Just be persistent and keep ringing TRA and hopefully you will get someone to listen.

Best of luck.