its a long road to perth!

Guest lisaifould

Guest lisaifould

hi all, i'm new to the site and thought i would add a post to see if i could gain any advise. i have wanted to move to perth years ago! i'm a single parent to 2 boys, 4 and 5 years. i have been studying accounting for the last 3 years, my final exams are within weeks! then i am 1 years work experience away from applying for visa. in that year i will be applying to courts for permission to take the boys as well as saving, saving, saving. is there much more i can do at this time??

I have visited perth and seen my best friend and her family so i have visited schools and areas i would love to live, my mum knows people in her company to help with job interviews when there. how much will i need to save for when i get out there? is it very hard to apply for a visa without an agent?

any advise would b grateful thank you!!:smile:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi and welcome to PIO

If you are in no real hurry then you could go it alone and not need an agent, some say they managed ok, others say they struggled, but clearly you are intelligent and it might save you money in the long run, best of luck.

Guest Mystery^Customer1974

Welcome to PIO Lisa

We came over 2 1/2 years ago having not used an agent we were just very accurate and careful with the whole process and to be honest I think it was the best option for us as we were on a tight budget but feel extremely happy we didn't need agents and the cost that accompanies it

See below a chart on agent cost from sept 2009 aug 2010 obviously some if not all will have increased in cost I hope this will be of some help to you

How-much-does-it-cost-to-use-a-Migration-Agent-300x136.jpg

(The chart above has not been included to promote any other migration site but to assist the thread starters search for information and the inclusion of the web address has been included as a courtesy to the site the information was taken from)

http://www.gettingdownunder.com/2011/01/05/how-much-does-it-cost-to-use-a-migration-agent/how-much-does-it-cost-to-use-a-migration-agent-2/

There are very good agents out there and some rather well...... less scrupulous ones that will drag their heels and seem uninterested at times to get things moving

Use recommended agents only to be safe and probably one that several members on PIO could recommend

Incidentally A colleague of mine came over from Kings Lynn to Perth as an accountant and stepped straight into a job where I work so if you are determined then you will find a position

Anyway if you need any help about the whole daunting process then message a member or post a help request or thread and you will surely find help from our wonderful PIO community

My children settled quickly into their new life here and are both happy in school my daughter 14 yrs old in high school and son 5 yrs old in primary school.

Guest antipope
hi all, i'm new to the site and thought i would add a post to see if i could gain any advise. i have wanted to move to perth years ago! i'm a single parent to 2 boys, 4 and 5 years. i have been studying accounting for the last 3 years, my final exams are within weeks! then i am 1 years work experience away from applying for visa. in that year i will be applying to courts for permission to take the boys as well as saving, saving, saving. is there much more i can do at this time??

I have visited perth and seen my best friend and her family so i have visited schools and areas i would love to live, my mum knows people in her company to help with job interviews when there. how much will i need to save for when i get out there? is it very hard to apply for a visa without an agent?

any advise would b grateful thank you!!:smile:

The visa process is pretty straightforward and if you do get stuck then there are plenty of people on here to help you out. I managed to do mine thanks to all the help I got off here, some of it from actual agents. Money wise i think you need enough to tide you over until you can get a job. Good luck with your application.

Guest Maz25
We are planning on Perth as well. We went with an agency and they have been excellent. Responsive to every question regardless of how trival it may have been within 2 days at most.....even before we made the first payment.

I'm also using an agent and he's been brilliant (spent ages researching the different agencies out there before making a final decision). Based on what I know now, I certainly could put an application together but having an agent meant that I actually got as far as applying for the visa.

I definitely want to migrate but found it ever so hard to motivate myself to get all the paperwork together. It definitely helped to have an agent, constantly pushing me to get all my documents together and also checking them.

Love Perth as well and have family there, which would make the move so much easier but seems that there are a lot more jobs for me in Melbourne, so for now, have set my sights on Melbourne. Now all I need is that illusive visa!