work situation

Guest bungee

Guest bungee

hi

can anyone tell me if there is much bricklaying work around brisbane due to arrive there later this year.

can you still get work walking on to sites or are things quieter there just now

is there much work further north nearer noosa areas

any info much appreciated

Guest klezmer

Hi Bungee

Some going on in the suburbs. I'm general build, mainly carpentry and been here 2 months (Brisbane) It tends to be about how available you are, so really you'd have to be here, and ready to go to get results. I just drove around chatted passed out cards and it...well so far, it's paying off although it took a couple of weeks. It's mainly about making contacts which seem to work both ways (same as the UK) you get work from contacts, but you have to be ready to find and share work yourself, So I'm just in the process of registering as a business as you are required, if taking on work valued at more than $3000. Although the last job (still doing it) I did for a local builder we just broke the work down to several sections with separate prices. It means I have to leave site for a few days then return for the next section...It's not ideal, hence the registration.

In a nutshell....from my experience before I get pounced on!!! If your not available now...you're not in the frame...If your here, you just have to work on contacts. I've already had to turn down work,

Good luck with searching

F