singgapore v dubai flight and long stop over

yumimumi

we are hoping to go to australia in october 2011. looking to fly with either United Emirates or Singapore Airlines. We have a 3 year old girl, so want an airline good with kids, good flight times. also want to have a stop over for a couple of days. has anyone done this and if so, where did you fly to and where did you stay. My OH wants somewhere our little girl will enjoy. so what is there to do for a few days break.

any advice would be great

cheers nicola

Guest roaminnomore

We flew United Arab Emirates and would strongly suggest Singapore. We did want Singapore but due to cost opted otherwise. The food was awful the whole of the journey, one women even through up!

Leila x

We flew Singapore and even *liked* it (I have terrible fear of flying so I was quite surprised). Apart from the length of the whole journey the flight attendents and the service was great! They feed you every 2 hours or so and constantly ask around if you are ok and would like some drink or snack and so on.

We don't have kids but we noticed a lot of parents with kids on our flight and it seemed the airlines takes very good care of their tiny customers too. Of course the A380-300 on the first half of the flight was more comfortable for everyone than the B777 on the second half because the Airbus is more spacious and quite quiet.

The food on Singapore Airlines was fine.

We also had one sick woman on the main deck but not due to the food but to the bumping around Thailand (near the aequatorial area) when they came round with breakfast.:wacko:

I would also suggest flying over Singapore because then you already did the biggest part of the journey (around 13 hours). It sounds funny but the second half of the journey will seem short in comparison to the first half.

And Singapore Changi Airport as such is amazing. I loved the atmosphere itself, especially the fact that the airport seemed so quiet inside.

In any case good luck and all the best for your journey!:wubclub:

many thanks for your replies.

for those of you that have travelled with young children, and had a longish stop over in either dubai or singapore for around 2-3 days.

where did you stay, did you get a deal from the travel agent when you booked your flights

cheers nicola

for those of you that have travelled with young children, and had a longish stop over in either dubai or singapore for around 2-3 days.

where did you stay, did you get a deal from the travel agent when you booked your flights

cheers nicola

Me and the soup dragon stayed here yumi,only 2 nites tho,you walk into the foyer of the hotel from terminal3(i think it was 3!),about £100 a night,i think they do family rooms,but obviously you'd check,we preferred to stay in the airport(more or less)and get a cab into singy itself(about a tenner i think)rather than the other way round,that way we could shower and change just before we flew on,theres loads of buses anyway if yer dont want to bother with cabs,nice hotel and nice bar with nicer cocktails!,and a nice outdoor pool with palm islands an all that malarkey,you CAN find cheaper,but we wanted to be certain it was ok so payed a copper more than we normally would for peace of mind,was worth it.

Boat quay and clarke quay are nice for an alfresco beer and meal next to the river,DONT pay them the advertised price tho,i didnt,they will come down,i just haggle for the craic tho tbh:biggrin:

[YOUTUBE]o6sIixLlnsg[/YOUTUBE]

cheers nicola

Hi

We stopped at Singapore (on the way to our honeymoon in Bali) on Sentosa Island which is gorgeous! We stayed at the Shangri-La hotel which was amazing - you can look it up online. There is an amazing laser/light show that they do on Sentosa which is great for children (adults too!) I would also highly recommend Singapore Zoo (especially the night safari!) When we go out we are going to stop over at Singapore for around 4 nights.

we have flown with emerates twicr and realy like them, although would like to do singapore one time....

we have two boys 4 and 5 ,two years ago we stayed over in la meridian which was lovely for what we wanted, i like the 7 hrs then 11 hrs way it works well with the kids,the staff are fantastic with the kids and the food was fine some of it better then fine, it feels like they just keep feeding you.

good luck

jools x

Guest shusselmann

I’ve stopped over in Dubai and Singapore before having children and if I had the choice would choose Singapore, especially with a preschooler, there’s much more to do. (Dubai attractions are great but more action based like sand surfing!).

Singapore Zoo and Bird Park are excellent, and Fort Canning Park will be a great place to let your daughter have a run around. Friends of ours recently recommended Grand Park City Hall hotel because it’s close to Fort Canning Park and other city attractions in Singapore.

Enjoy your stopover!