Guest marra2000

Is the economy effecting you ?

Guest marra2000

A question that will probably effect most trades and manufacturers at least. Has the downturn ( so called ) had an effect on those on here, regarding work, working hours, are only PT jobs available rather than FT. Are house prices really taking a knocking and to come down or is it just those panicking. I know that the mining is booming, but does it really show that the rest is falling behind or going backwards. With all the mining in full steam the Oz dollar doesn't look set to fall any time soon, or even within years.

I have my pessimistic views of the UK that are not agreed my many but would like to hear of those regarding Oz and their states.

Guest woj

Its not affecting us too much as we're about to make the move, but it means that the money off the house will be staying in the UK until the exchange rate picks up. if it takes years then so be it!

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I haven't heard of any downturn yet in Australia, that doesn't mean it won't eventually happen, but its difficult to predict the future. Are you mistaking the downturn in the uk and America, thinking its worldwide? Unemployment is really low in Australia at about 4.8% and i don't think this figure has changed much for quite a while yet, also if you are thinking about going to perth, the unemployment figure is even lower at 4.6%. Clearly there are more opportunities the nearer you get to the cities and that would be my advice to anyone, if you haven't already got a job to go to, try to relocate nearer the city and i think your chances of employment will be very good indeed, best of luck.

A question that will probably effect most trades and manufacturers at least. Has the downturn ( so called ) had an effect on those on here, regarding work, working hours, are only PT jobs available rather than FT. Are house prices really taking a knocking and to come down or is it just those panicking. I know that the mining is booming, but does it really show that the rest is falling behind or going backwards. With all the mining in full steam the Oz dollar doesn't look set to fall any time soon, or even within years.

I have my pessimistic views of the UK that are not agreed my many but would like to hear of those regarding Oz and their states.

NO could not be better.

Guest Guest 47403

Bit of a double edged sword for us due to the low interest rates our mortgage has been tracking at the base rate for ages now so we're paying off more capital, however the housing market slump and crap UK>OZ exchange rate means we will lose out there.