roflie

which AUS banks charge for MoneyCorp transfers

Hi guys,

Just looking at which bank to go with here in AUS and as i will be using MoneyCorp i was wondering what charges (if any) people have encountered when transferring money in and out of the counry (to/from the UK) with the AUS banks....

...I have ben thinking about going with Commenwealth Bank but not really sure.... It states on their website they charge $22 for international money transfers but i'm unsure if this would be charged if going through MoneyCorp

Cheers

Roflie

e457 lodged 11/04/11 - further info requested 27/04/11 - Info submitted 03/05/11 - VISA APPROVED 04/05/11 (24days!!) :biggrin: - Flying out to Melbourne on 15th June!! In Melbourne and loving every minute of it.... bring on the summer!!

Hi guys,

Just looking at which bank to go with here in AUS and as i will be using MoneyCorp i was wondering what charges (if any) people have encountered when transferring money in and out of the counry (to/from the UK) with the AUS banks....

...I have ben thinking about going with Commenwealth Bank but not really sure.... It states on their website they charge $22 for international money transfers but i'm unsure if this would be charged if going through MoneyCorp

Cheers

Roflie

Moneycorp are giving you your money in AUD so there should be little or no charge to you for receiving it from Moneycorp.

Best Newcomer 2013-14.

Moneycorp are giving you your money in AUD so there should be little or no charge to you for receiving it from Moneycorp.

Thats right - I was speaking to Commenwealth bank this morning and they have advised that i would pay $7ish for a money transfer in to my account and $22 to make an international money transfer... not sure if this still applies when using money corp as i will be making a same currency deposit/transfer/withdrawal each time so the bank doesn't have to change anything!!?

I am wondering if moneycorp is just treated as a stnadard bill payer and therefore an $AUD direct debit to them might not cost?? I am looking at moving funds too and from the UK from time to time and basically don't want to pay silly charges....

e457 lodged 11/04/11 - further info requested 27/04/11 - Info submitted 03/05/11 - VISA APPROVED 04/05/11 (24days!!) :biggrin: - Flying out to Melbourne on 15th June!! In Melbourne and loving every minute of it.... bring on the summer!!

Have a word with Nigel at NAB, I am sure they have an arrangement with Moneycorp so there are no fees.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

how do i contact him?? that would be great if i could incur no charges as after speaking to Commonwealth i am starting to think it might be $22 to send and $7 to recieve which is pretty rubbish!!

If it helps, we made transfers to Westpac from Moneycorp and Ozforex and were not charged a cent by the bank.

Best Newcomer 2013-14.

Thats interesting as the lady i spoke to today at commonwealth mentioned they had ''identical'' bank charges as WestPac and that the banks were matched on pretty much all levels apart from that Commonwealth were slightly bigger than WestPac