How long does a skilled working 175 visa take?

Guest hywel

Guest grahams4oz

My 175 application was lodged Feb 16 2012. I was assigned to a case officer on May 22 2012. I've been watching the DIAC page that updates every two weeks with the status of application processing. They were still in October 2011 at the last post, so I was very surprised to have been contacted. Not going to fight it though! I'm now pressing through the process of getting the required medical and criminal checks. They say that all required documents need to be provided within 28 days of receiving contact from a case officer. However, as you mentioned frogstercouk, they seem to be flexible on that as long as you communicate with them your progress and provide any receipts for ordered information.

I'm hoping to have this process wrapped up within a couple of months.

Grahams, I take it that Feb 2012 was not a typo from the rest of your email, I'm amazed, and good luck.

Still no news on where we are! We (well the NHS) have provided all of the relevant information to the case officer for her deliberation at the end of April 2012, so we are hoping that a decision one way or another is imminent. Not sure if no news is good news, or that the fact they are taking a while means they have lots to work out?!

Fingers crossed.

Frogster

Guest grahams4oz

Nope Feb 2012 wasn't a typo. That's when my Visa application was lodged. I'm amazed as well.

Still no news on where we are! We (well the NHS) have provided all of the relevant information to the case officer for her deliberation at the end of April 2012, so we are hoping that a decision one way or another is imminent. Not sure if no news is good news, or that the fact they are taking a while means they have lots to work out?!

That's interesting. After being assigned a case officer I asked if she could estimate how long the final decision would take after all information was in to her. She wouldn't/couldn't give a solid answer, just "as quickly as possible". My case officer has been very responsive, not sure about yours. It might be worth sending a quick email (they seem to prefer email) just to ask where things are at. You'd hate to be waiting just because a pile of papers covered your paperwork (although it's all theoretically digital). Best of luck, and keep us posted.

Edited by grahams4oz

• 2 months later...

Quick Update

We had my OH's medicals referred on the 28 June 12, and are still waiting to hear back from them. There was a slight delay between the medicals taking place and the submittal, but hats off to the CO again she has been brilliant.

Still waiting for news on the medical and its killing us!!!

Frogster

Hi everyone,

We applied for our 175 visa on the 16th of April 2012 and received our visa on the 7th of August 2012. This was the day after we submitted our police clearance certificates. We submitted our medicals mid june and that took about about 3-4 weeks to reach DIAC. Our PCC's took a while to come back as we had to get two sets..one from UK and one from our home country. I beleive we had our case officer assigned to us early june.

hope this helps.

indy

Edited by indy6160

Guest melanie79

hi indy!

thats quick!!! bet your delightd! can i ask what occupation you guys have?

mel

Hi everyone,

We applied for our 175 visa on the 16th of April 2012 and received our visa on the 7th of August 2012. This was the day after we submitted our police clearance certificates. We submitted our medicals mid june and that took about about 3-4 weeks to reach DIAC. Our PCC's took a while to come back as we had to get two sets..one from UK and one from our home country. I beleive we had our case officer assigned to us early june.

hope this helps.

indy

Hi mel,

We are both in IT, my husband is a business analyst he is the one who applied for the visa, I am going as his dependant.

Yes really excited now, glad it happened soon without dragging forever! But now so much planning and deciding to do.

hi indy!

thats quick!!! bet your delightd! can i ask what occupation you guys have?

mel

• 1 month later...

It really depends on what you do. I was also told to wait 18 to 24 months. But in reality, after submitting all my documents on June 8 this year I got my 175 visa on July 31 this year, about 1.5 months. I am a secondary school teacher of Economics and Business and French with 7 years experience.