How long does a skilled working 175 visa take?

Guest hywel

Guest hywel

Hi all,was just wanting to ask how long does the average working skilled visa 175 take??been told so many different time scales now and just want to be sure to plan ahead!!thanks.:wacko:

Guest mandi1971

Hi welcome to the forum.

If you look at my time scale set out below you can see how quick everything is going through for people right now. We were told up to 18 months and could have our visa as quick as 6 months!!

Its all scary and happening so fast my heads spinning :biggrin:

We arent planning to go until after Xmas as we are still saving and kids have another year in school etc but could be away as quick as August if we wanted and if everything goes to plan, we only started all this in February!!

Lots of Luck

Mandi x

Guest hywel

Thank you so much for that its really helped,my wife and kids will be pleased!hopeing to get sorted before next winter(2012)??loads to sort out!!,thanx again.Hywel,Sarah,Dewi,lia and Catrin.:smile:

i was at a skilled emigration seminar at the embassy last week and they told me it generally took a year from start to finish but they are in the process of changing the way the immigration department do things so it looks to get turned around quicker than that.

GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION

PROCESSING INFORMATION

Last updated 8 June 2011.

Please do not send enquiries or reply to this email address as this mailbox is not monitored. Contact details for the GSM processing offices are listed below.

Priority Processing

Under the priority processing arrangements for GSM, the highest priority is given to Priority Group 2- applications from people who are nominated by a state or territory government agency with a nominated occupation that is specified on that state or territory’s state migration plan.

For further information regarding State Migration Plans please visit the department’s website at:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener.../whats-new.htm

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...statmig-fs.pdf

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...tatmig-faq.pdf

Processing of Priority Group 3 applications will commence once all applications from priority group 2 have been allocated to a case officer for assessment. Similarly, processing of Priority Group 4 applications will commence once all applications from priority group 3 have been allocated to case officers for assessment

To determine which priority group your application falls into please read the information on the department’s website at:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...rangements.htm

Processing Dates

Applicants who lodged a GSM application before the following dates have been contacted by a case officer:

Priority Group 2

*Priority 2 applications are currently being allocated within two weeks of DIAC receiving confirmation of a valid nomination from the relevant State/ Territory Government. Applicants in priority group 2 are therefore encouraged, where possible, to provide decision ready applications to enable efficient processing and finalisation of their applications.

Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176

VE 176 (e-lodged): 20 May 2011

VE 176 (paper): 20 May 2011

Skilled – Sponsored (Residence) subclass 886:

VB 886 (e-lodged) 20 May 2011

VB 886 (paper): 20 May 2011

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 475

VF 475 (e-lodged): 20 May 2011

VF 475 (paper): 20 May 2011

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 487

VC 487 (e-lodged) 20 May 2011

VC 487 (paper): 20 May 2011

Priority Group 3

(See attached file: Important Information for Priority 3 clients.pdf)

Skilled – Independent (Migrant) subclass 175

VE 175 (e-lodged):1 June 2010

VE 175 (paper): 1 June 2010

Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176

VE 176 (e-lodged): 1 June 2010

VE 176 (paper): 1 June 2010

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 475

VF 475 (e-lodged): 1 June 2010

VF 475 (paper): 1 June 2010

Skilled – Independent Regional (Provisional) subclass 495 and

Skilled – Designated Area Sponsored subclass 496

UX 495 and UZ 496 (e-lodged and paper): All applicants who have an occupation on the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 3 have been allocated.

Skilled – Independent (Residence) subclass 885

VB 885 (e-lodged) 20 January 2011

VB 885 (paper): 15 January 2011

Skilled – Sponsored (Residence) subclass 886:

VB 886 (e-lodged) 20 January 2011

VB 886 (paper): 15 January 2011

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 487

VC 487 (e-lodged) 20 January 2011

VC 487 (paper): 15 January 2011

Latest details of the time to Case Officer - 175's are currently dropping around 6-8 weeks every 2 weeks of processing on priority 3 schedule.

I've just been reading the finer print on logging my 175 application and had a major panic! 18-24 months OUCH!

I looked into this last year when I was on the critical skills list and had assumed that it still existed. Its very disheartening to see how long things are taking.

I just wanted to add on to this forum my experience so will try and keep you all posted. As we had previously looked into all of this we have gone ahead and had new police checks done, and I've sat an english test (easy way to get extra points to counter for my age) and had my skills assessed previously. I'm applying for a 175 visa as a civil engineer who's previously worked in Oz and has relevant experience. I have been told on the application site that I have 125 points so about to hit the send button once I have the money in an account to pay. Will submit before July 1st probably in the next day or so, so watch this space for my outcomes!!

Frogster

:mask:

We lodged our application in august 2010 and our visa was granted just about 2 weeks ago so with 12 months the entire procedure took (application, assessment, medicals etc)

Well its submitted! I hit the send button last night and started to add my reference documents as I have most of them already (english test / Engineers Australia assessment of degree / passports etc etc) however I have been stumped with a few documents that I've not heard about before, for example something to do with my girlfriend (whos included as a defacto) being an armed police officer and needs dispenstation for her firearms training. Any how should get these uploaded asap which I hope wont hold up prodceedings.

Watch this space for how long it takes!!

Frog

Guest MontyClaude
Well its submitted! I hit the send button last night and started to add my reference documents as I have most of them already (english test / Engineers Australia assessment of degree / passports etc etc) however I have been stumped with a few documents that I've not heard about before, for example something to do with my girlfriend (whos included as a defacto) being an armed police officer and needs dispenstation for her firearms training. Any how should get these uploaded asap which I hope wont hold up prodceedings.

Watch this space for how long it takes!!

Frog

So exciting, good luck. Where are you planning on moving to?

Guest kerry321

Hi guys, As you will have guessed my name is kerry. I am living in Cairns with my parents at the moment. I am here on my second working holiday visa as I am not 100% sure if I want to fully commit to living in oz yet. Its really nice but very frustrating at times!!!! I found my first year very hard, I didnt know anyone bar my parents and really struggled to get work. After batteling with teacher registration, the queensland way of doing things and 6 months unemployment I finally got something and so decided to give oz another year. I love living in oz, the lifestyle is great but its extremely hard at times!

My main reason for joining the forum which I wish I had discovered lat year:sad: is I guess its nice to know there are other poms out there going through a similiar thing! At the moment my brother is desperately trying to immigrate over here. He has just found out his nebosh health and safety is not recognised and so has decided to take a year out to do brick laying course as this is now on the skills list. He is looking for me for help and advice as I am living here and I guess i am looking to you guys to help!!

He has a year, maybe two max as he has to apply before he is 30 and he is now 27, he has heard that city and guilds are recognised over in oz so is looking at there courses in Birmingham, West midlands were he lives.

Has anyone got any ideas or know of any bricklaying courses he could do in brum to qualify to get over here? It must be brick laying as thats what he wants to do. Im just not sure at what level of qualification and how much experience he needs in order to pass the skills migration tests. :confused:

As for me well im a teacher and at the moment just about on the skills list so i am not too worried about me yet just my brother. Its horrible being seperated we are very close family so any help guys would be so appreciated!! Im off to research some courses for him!

Hopefully speak to you all soon,

kerry :cute:

Hi, ours took 19 months, but we had a baby following our application, which delayed us somewhat due to medicals and general life and new supporting documentation that was required. We lodged the 175 in August 2009, went through the freeze just after that and were priority 2 on my wife's application as an accountant but then I also got a job offer which came with a 457 visa option, so we ran with both in parallel and decided we would go with whichever came first. We'd initially been told 18 months timeframe for the 175 and when we hadn't heard anything after 18 months, we started pushing, got a case worker and within 4 weeks, we'd had our 175 approved and were able to drop the 457 application.

Good luck with your application :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Nick Singh

hello all..

I am new to this forum and i am quite amazed because in my my application.I have whole other side of the story

I have Applied skilled independent ve 175 E-visa Australia in DEC 2007.All the docs and requirements have been met medicals Pcc's each and everything have been submitted since end of year 2008.

I fall under Category -3. A new case officer have been allocated to my application in early this 2011 and my GSM team is also been changed.

I have raised a PLE and this was the latest reply

At present your application is undergoing routine processing.

Unfortunately, ensuring all the legal requirements are met in relation to

an application can take some time.

IIT BEEN ALMOST 4 YEARS AND I AM STILL WAITING.........

Guest Nick Singh
RE: Nick Singh

4 years waiting! How frustrating, I wasn't aware things were this bad.

May I ask what your profession is, and do you think this is the reason for delay?

I hope there's a positive decision very soon.

Naomi

Dear Naomi thx for the prompt reply...yes it is quite frustrated but what can i do?.:daydreaming: You know bureaucracy :policeman: ...

My trade is Refrigeration and Air Condition Mechanic..

Actually i have no idea why my application is held up for that long. I have raised a PLA like a month ago and this was the reply

''At present your application is undergoing routine processing.

Unfortunately, ensuring all the legal requirements are met in relation to

an application can take some time.''

Anyways my hope are up though...Fingers crossed

• 5 months later...

Just looked at the immi website and they are saying that all people who applied for a 175 Visa before 15th May 2011 have now been allocated a case officer (I think thats what it said), so fingers crossed they are only 5/6 weeks away from starting to process my application which went in at the end of June.

Thanks for all the kind words. We are planning to head back to Sydney where we lived in the lovely Manly for nearly 4 years.

Frog

• 1 month later...
Guest grahams4oz

Thanks for your update Frog. I, too, am about to lodge a 174 Visa application and timing is a big deal for me. I've spoken several times with the kind folks at the DIAC - they really are friendly and helpful. They stand by their "18 month" time frame given on the website, but they say that applications from "low risk" countries and people who respond quickly to communication can be processed more quickly. Yeah, uh huh.

I'm curious ... when did they contact you for medical/police checks? or have they yet?

Keep us posted. Thanks!

Ours took almost 3 years. We got out granted about 8 weeks ago. I think it was mainly down to poor timing- Oz pretty much closed its borders to 175s at one point. In the three years we have been waiting we have had two children and got NZ citizenship!

Got there in the end though. Now to find a job and move over the ditch!

• 3 weeks later...

After getting our letter requesting further information required - health checks for the two of us - we went on Monday to get them completed. Having had them previously for a 457 visa I had forgotten what an anticlimax they are!

The doctor is simply interested in box ticking and getting their money! My OH has had cancer and is in remision, but the information provided was not sufficient, and we have been sent away to get further documents off the NHS. I'm not sure how many have tried this, its soooo difficult to get copies of reports as the doctors and thier secretaries are just too busy. Any how, she is off to the GP to get what information they have tomorrow.

Our concern is that if the GP doesnt have relevant notes, and as such we are going to miss the 28day turnaround period specified by the CO in the original letter. I've written to request leniency, and sent them the proof of the medicals having taken place but not sure how they will see it.

As an FYI, the medicals took about 2 hours from the time we walked in to the time we paid and left, some of that was because they were busy there, and we waited for 45 mins before being seen to. All of this was individually, first we had tosign some papers and they took a head shot photo, then they took a urine sample, then you had to strip down to have the chest x-ray. That took about 15 mins. After another 15 mins waiting, the doctor then saw us, and did some usual questions about your health and profession and other such details. He then drew some blood and had a bit of a poke and prod at spleen appendix etc, and lymph nodes around the body. Quick look in ears eyes and throat, then finally a wheigh in and height check. I'm in great health, so not sure if they did exactly the same for the OH, but thats a heads up of what to expect.

Lastly, we had hoped at the medical, (because of the pre-existing condition of my OH,) that we would have some opportunity to pitch how great she would be for the Aussie economy etc, as she used to work in sourcing and procuring key communication devices for disabled people, when we were previously living there (before the big C hit). This was not to be the case, so there was little to no opportunity to add to the informationthat the MOC will see, when they no doubt review our case.

So........Watch this space. We will keep trying, and I will bore you all with the details, as I get frustrated with unfinished storys on here!

Regards

F

Just had a nice response from our case officer. While she might be required to show some leniency in us getting reports for the medicals, she has written back explaining that she understands getting reports from doctors takes time, and will wait till we have submitted all of the evidence the panel doctor requested.

So far my dealings with the case officer have been very professional, timely, polite and understanding. Long may this continue!

F