Status Report Cat2, Cat3 and Cat4

Guest Jamie Smith

Hi Amer,

I might be wrong and I also want some clarification. Below is a part of the aspc update as of June 8, 2011:

Skilled – Independent (Migrant) subclass 175

VE 175 (e-lodged):1 June 2010

VE 175 (paper): 1 June 2010

Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176

VE 176 (e-lodged): 1 June 2010

VE 176 (paper): 1 June 2010

If we read it closely, the January 2011 processing for Cat3 refers to type885,886 and487 only and other categories of the same priority differs in the processing proggress,

My 175 skilled independent application is still far at June 2010 T_T .

I wonder til what date have they allocated for it now. I'm betting those up to August 10, 2011 only (not 2011 yet). :frown:

I hope I'm wrong

They are already processing October 2010 and November 2010 applicants. You can refer to the attached link...

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/91482-new-category-3s-where-you-now-598.html

The really irritating thing that really grates me is they always suggested that Cat $ would be dealt with in date of application rcd and yet their are signs that those onshore would be lookde at prior to offshore !!

Cat 4 appeared to be the only group where this was going to be the model for processing. Its unfair for one that this was the case " Lets deal with all the occupations we want over those that lodged before them but we will do Cat 4 as most decent people would expect to be treated i.e in order."

You dont walk into a shop thats busy and walk to the front of the queue !!

One more point I think ts about time Australia woke up and realised that although the SKilled Migration programme is overall not bad there are people in their beloved trades that are only using the experience in that trade to get a visa and have no intention of ever doing the job in Autralia. Yet there are people like my wife rotting in Cat 4 as a sponsored Hairdresser with an offer of FT employment in that chosen trade.

Im reaching the point where it makes me wonder if it is all worth it 2years and counting of waitng and changes effecting us only to see in various posts people moaning that they havent received SS afetr weeks or it took months to get a visa !!!! GET REAL

The really irritating thing that really grates me is they always suggested that Cat $ would be dealt with in date of application rcd and yet their are signs that those onshore would be lookde at prior to offshore !!

Cat 4 appeared to be the only group where this was going to be the model for processing. Its unfair for one that this was the case " Lets deal with all the occupations we want over those that lodged before them but we will do Cat 4 as most decent people would expect to be treated i.e in order."

You dont walk into a shop thats busy and walk to the front of the queue !!

One more point I think ts about time Australia woke up and realised that although the SKilled Migration programme is overall not bad there are people in their beloved trades that are only using the experience in that trade to get a visa and have no intention of ever doing the job in Autralia. Yet there are people like my wife rotting in Cat 4 as a sponsored Hairdresser with an offer of FT employment in that chosen trade.

Im reaching the point where it makes me wonder if it is all worth it 2years and counting of waitng and changes effecting us only to see in various posts people moaning that they havent received SS afetr weeks or it took months to get a visa !!!! GET REAL

I think you meant cat 4 ($). I'm interested why you think onshore cat 4 will get preference over off shore, I haven't seen that suggested anywhere. The whole dumping of genuine applicants, who qualified with 120 points and who's job was on the skills list at the time of application and who paid their application fee, into cat 4 is a disgrace. What a lot of money the Australian gov. is sitting on from everyone who fell foul of the new rules. Like you I feel little sympathy for anyone moaning after only a few weeks or months. Try waiting for two and a half years, and in some cases well over 3, when you have done nothing wrong, but have fallen foul of every new retrospective rule change. Hang in otherwise they have won, by wearing everyones hopes down.

I dont think the new processing will likely to happen what happened to us. I think every applicant from now on will have an exact duration on where to get their visas coz DIAC already "fixed" their mistake (ie. shutting down online apps if the quota is reached and etc).

I was thinking if, is it unfair to us cat 4? that these new applicants will not anymore be left in limbo unlike what happened to us, in the future?

Why, we, innocents have to suffer from this?

At least new applicants wont have to hand over money until they are going to be processed. This is a lot fairer. I am trying to imagine how much interest I would have accumulated by now in a high rate interest account, had I kept my money until I am finally processed,... hmmm... 2 1/2 years worth... at say 4% ... Might have been enough towards a small holiday....

At least new applicants wont have to hand over money until they are going to be processed. This is a lot fairer. I am trying to imagine how much interest I would have accumulated by now in a high rate interest account, had I kept my money until I am finally processed,... hmmm... 2 1/2 years worth... at say 4% ... Might have been enough towards a small holiday....

I have applied in 2007 so guess how much I would have gathered.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JohnAnton
Hi all

This from a DIAC report, dated June 10th:

I think they mean January 2012 for allocating PG3 outside Australia applications.

Assuming PG1-3 inflows continue, PG4 allocations look like being a long way way. Very unfortunate for those in PG4, and patience has its rewards for PG3.

I suggest PG4 and some PG3s in a hurry look at other options such as 457.

this didnt seem to materialize now, didnt it

Archived