Guest Jamie Smith

Hi all

This from a DIAC report, dated June 10th:

The GSM pipeline currently consists of:

–3500 Priority Two cases

–22 000 Priority Three cases

–46 000 Priority Four cases

• Priority Group two (PG2):

–All State and Territory State Migration Plans (SMP) are now in effect.

–Applications are allocated within two weeks of the receipt of the approved nomination

–Applicants are encouraged to make their application ready for decision at or shortly after application.

• Priority Group three (PG3):

–Applications lodged in Australia before January 2011 have been allocated.

–Applications lodged outside of Australia by the of end June 2011 we expect to have allocated all applications lodged before January 2011.!!!!!

• Priority Group four (PG4):

–Allocation of some PG4 cases is expected in 2011-12.

I think they mean January 2012 for allocating PG3 outside Australia applications.

Assuming PG1-3 inflows continue, PG4 allocations look like being a long way way. Very unfortunate for those in PG4, and patience has its rewards for PG3.

I suggest PG4 and some PG3s in a hurry look at other options such as 457.

Why the gloom. I think it is fabulous news. DIAC are prooving how fast they are in clearing the Cat 3 backlog. They further state that they believe to be able to deal with some 10,000 Cat 4 in this financial year 2011/12. Also new applications will have to apply for an EOI which will delay further processing for a short while. I honestly believe that we will all get there, some sooner and some later! They have also stated in a recent document that they will be increasing their resources in dealing with applications. Keep up the good work with clearing the backlog DIAC.

Hi all

I think they mean January 2012 for allocating PG3 outside Australia applications.

Assuming PG1-3 inflows continue, PG4 allocations look like being a long way way. Very unfortunate for those in PG4, and patience has its rewards for PG3.

I think DIAC was saying they would allocate CO for applications submitted until Jan-11 by end of this month (June-11)

Hi all

does it mean that they will stop process other PG1-3 Offshore applications which have lodged after-January 2011 ?...... :cry:

Guest jilkfree1978
Hi all

Yes lets all look for a job and get a 457 visa and use jamie!!! Thats what you are saying really!!

Nice bit of advertising!!

Hi all

Thanks JAmie for the information.It sounds little gloomy for priority 4 according to you.

But I have a question here that how will they end priority 4 backlog, if they will not process. According to them they will start allocating priority 4 in 2011-2012. But they have not mentioned the month. So may be your prediction could come true. But we do not want to wait for more 4 years as we are already tired of waiting.

Guest Jamie Smith
Thanks JAmie for the information.It sounds little gloomy for priority 4 according to you.

But I have a question here that how will they end priority 4 backlog, if they will not process. According to them they will start allocating priority 4 in 2011-2012. But they have not mentioned the month. So may be your prediction could come true. But we do not want to wait for more 4 years as we are already tired of waiting.

Yes, well, I suspect that we will see a lift in applications with new points test, and a delay while DIAC learn what we already know, that it is much harder to verify employment history than it is educational qualifications - reason being that educational institutes don't usually get sold, relocate etc.

I can see issues with people being unable to show earlier employment through unhappy relationships with former employers, businesses closed/gone etc.

DIAC's lift in processing staff will be consumed early on with slower processing under the new points system and the EOI the Minister seems committed to.

This coupled with an influx of improperly lodged applications as unethical agents clear their desks before the rule change, wrongly self assessed cases that shouldn't be lodged and the slow decision making while everyone gets used to the new systems mean no major speeding up in processing and consequently many CAT 4s might end up with never being processed.... and the end to that would be the Minsiter lapsing these old cases but cordially inviting everyone to reapply under the new system.

I guess some people will be able to reapply and perhaps get greater status as the some occupations would have moved onto or up the various lists.

I do think the Minister and DIAC have underestimated or overlooked the future bottlenecks in the new process.

Guest Jamie Smith
Yes lets all look for a job and get a 457 visa and use jamie!!! Thats what you are saying really!!

Nice bit of advertising!!

Yes more people might use my services as a result of policy changes that I didn't make, but PIO is nowhere close to being my main source of clients.

If you take your blinkers off and read my full history of posts you will perhaps see that my comments on the effects of policy changes and recommeding a suitable response commenced long before Hire A Migrant was ever set up.

I think my 1,786 thanks from forum members indicates that the balance might be right. I think 1,786 greatly outweighs your score of, um, 1.

Enjoy! :hug:

Yes more people might use my services as a result of policy changes that I didn't make, but PIO is nowhere close to being my main source of clients.

If you take your blinkers off and read my full history of posts you will perhaps see that my comments on the effects of policy changes and recommeding a suitable response commenced long before Hire A Migrant was ever set up.

I think my 1,786 thanks from forum members indicates that the balance might be right. I think 1,786 greatly outweighs your score of, um, 1.

Enjoy! :hug:

I think that when I read the information you provided us with is fantastic!! and gives us hope but then when you add a comment at the end and in fact turn it into a negative :sad: suggesting that some pio find other routes to get a visa is very disappointing.

Guest auzzycrazzy
Yes, well, I suspect that we will see a lift in applications with new points test, and a delay while DIAC learn what we already know, that it is much harder to verify employment history than it is educational qualifications - reason being that educational institutes don't usually get sold, relocate etc.

I can see issues with people being unable to show earlier employment through unhappy relationships with former employers, businesses closed/gone etc.

DIAC's lift in processing staff will be consumed early on with slower processing under the new points system and the EOI the Minister seems committed to.

This coupled with an influx of improperly lodged applications as unethical agents clear their desks before the rule change, wrongly self assessed cases that shouldn't be lodged and the slow decision making while everyone gets used to the new systems mean no major speeding up in processing and consequently many CAT 4s might end up with never being processed.... and the end to that would be the Minsiter lapsing these old cases but cordially inviting everyone to reapply under the new system.

I guess some people will be able to reapply and perhaps get greater status as the some occupations would have moved onto or up the various lists.

I do think the Minister and DIAC have underestimated or overlooked the future bottlenecks in the new process.

This is very very dissapointing, I was under the impression that we will be processed soon as we lodged our application in JUNE 2009. Loosing hopes now

I think that when I read the information you provided us with is fantastic!! and gives us hope but then when you add a comment at the end and in fact turn it into a negative :sad: suggesting that some pio find other routes to get a visa is very disappointing.

Jamie or for that matter any other migration agent posting in these forums, hasn't claimed that they are here for community service. They are here because it is part of what they do for a living.

Last time I checked, they do have access to first hand information, which we immigration-hopefuls would never be able to get our hands on. This being a public forum, they have as much right to post or advertise or market themselves or their businesses as we do.

Bottom line: He just put across his opinion, which may or may not be applicable to each one of us, doesn't necessarily mean we start an argument over that.

armandra!

Jamie or for that matter any other migration agent posting in these forums, hasn't claimed that they are here for community service. They are here because it is part of what they do for a living.

Last time I checked, they do have access to first hand information, which we immigration-hopefuls would never be able to get our hands on. This being a public forum, they have as much right to post or advertise or market themselves or their businesses as we do.

Bottom line: He just put across his opinion, which may or may not be applicable to each one of us, doesn't necessarily mean we start an argument over that.

armandra!

And your point is , who is starting an argument or would that be you , if you read my comment I said the news that he provides is fantastic!!!! but then theirs a negative that some will have to find other routes is disappointing as some of us have been waiting over 2 years and above.

Thanks Tania

Guest Jamie Smith

It is just an opinion, folks. I also think that forewarned is forearmed. Generally speaking, if everyone meekly trusted our elected representatives and hoped for the best we would never be able to mobilise public opinion and Government would never listen or respond to faults in their policies.

Guest Jamie Smith
And your point is , who is starting an argument or would that be you , if you read my comment I said the news that he provides is fantastic!!!! but then theirs a negative that some will have to find other routes is disappointing as some of us have been waiting over 2 years and above.

Thanks Tania

It's about having a balance I think. The report my info came from had some glaring omissions in the input with which DIAC were then leading out the reasoning for their future changes, leaving the report to seem fair and logical.

In fact the report by itself justifies squandering the backlog of long suffering (Cat 3, Cat4, student) applicants to bring in change that has not been well thought through and does not pick up on the problems that NZ had when applying this strategy a few years ago.

If people at the end of the queue just take the Govt word they will get sc***ed, again. Better to look at alternatives while they are still young....:eek:

This is awesome news for someone (like me) who is looking to apply in July. After all, if all June 2011 PG 3 applicants will be assigned by January, then a July 2011 applicant can't be that far behind!

I just applied for Vic SS a couple of days ago, but if they're going to be keeping to this timeline, then a PG 3 Type 175 might be the way to go for me. I like the expedited processing that state sponsorship offers, but I really don't want to move before the middle of 2012, and Victoria is taking 3 months or more to decide on SS...

Huh, I might just be applying on July 1 instead of waiting (the new points test works better for me on July 1 for a type 175).

armandra!

I totally agree with you Armandra. We all applicants get free first hand info that we would never have access to and what if they solicit business as long as they do it honestly whats wrong with that. These guys are far better than the crooks we have to deal with in India.

Rahul

Guest JohnAnton

Hi Jamie,

I'm new here and I've lodged on March 10, 2011 under 175 Skilled Indepedent.

In your opinion, what approximate dates will I have a case officer assigned to me.

Thanks and best regards.

This is awesome news for someone (like me) who is looking to apply in July. After all, if all June 2011 PG 3 applicants will be assigned by January, then a July 2011 applicant can't be that far behind!

I just applied for Vic SS a couple of days ago, but if they're going to be keeping to this timeline, then a PG 3 Type 175 might be the way to go for me. I like the expedited processing that state sponsorship offers, but I really don't want to move before the middle of 2012, and Victoria is taking 3 months or more to decide on SS...

Huh, I might just be applying on July 1 instead of waiting (the new points test works better for me on July 1 for a type 175).

I just reread DIAC statement, and to my understanding they are saying all 175 application P3 up to Jan11 will be assigned by end of this month (June'11). Pls correct me if I am wrong.

I just reread DIAC statement, and to my understanding they are saying all 175 application P3 up to Jan11 will be assigned by end of this month (June'11). Pls correct me if I am wrong.

You are Very correct amer..................:happy_face_outlaw_s

Guest JohnAnton

Hi Amer,

I might be wrong and I also want some clarification. Below is a part of the aspc update as of June 8, 2011:

Skilled – Independent (Migrant) subclass 175

VE 175 (e-lodged):1 June 2010

VE 175 (paper): 1 June 2010

Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176

VE 176 (e-lodged): 1 June 2010

VE 176 (paper): 1 June 2010

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 475

VF 475 (e-lodged): 1 June 2010

VF 475 (paper): 1 June 2010

Skilled – Independent Regional (Provisional) subclass 495 and

Skilled – Designated Area Sponsored subclass 496

UX 495 and UZ 496 (e-lodged and paper): All applicants who have an occupation on the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 3 have been allocated.

Skilled – Independent (Residence) subclass 885

VB 885 (e-lodged) 20 January 2011

VB 885 (paper): 15 January 2011

Skilled – Sponsored (Residence) subclass 886:

VB 886 (e-lodged) 20 January 2011

VB 886 (paper): 15 January 2011

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 487

VC 487 (e-lodged) 20 January 2011

VC 487 (paper): 15 January 2011

If we read it closely, the January 2011 processing for Cat3 refers to type885,886 and487 only and other categories of the same priority differs in the processing proggress,

My 175 skilled independent application is still far at June 2010 T_T .

I wonder til what date have they allocated for it now. I'm betting those up to August 10, 2011 only (not 2011 yet). :frown:

I hope I'm wrong

Eh, it's difficult to tell. Jamie first interpreted it to mean everyone who applied by the end of June 2011 would be allocated by January 2012, but your interpretation works too. Of course, what they actually wrote with everyone who applied by June 2011 would be allocated by January 2011, which is impossible unless you have a time machine.

This is the problem with typos. I would LIKE to believe that everyone who has applied up until now only has a 6 month wait, but I can see it going the other way too. That would be a more conservative statement than guessing exactly what the workload is going to look like 6 months out.

Eh, it's difficult to tell. Jamie first interpreted it to mean everyone who applied by the end of June 2011 would be allocated by January 2012, but your interpretation works too. Of course, what they actually wrote with everyone who applied by June 2011 would be allocated by January 2011, which is impossible unless you have a time machine.

This is the problem with typos. I would LIKE to believe that everyone who has applied up until now only has a 6 month wait, but I can see it going the other way too. That would be a more conservative statement than guessing exactly what the workload is going to look like 6 months out.

If you look at Cat 3 thread some in Aug, Sept, Dec, 2010 have already got CO and they are offshore also to remember Diac have anticipated that they will look at Cat 4 in the new financial year so I would think that in the next couple of months most of Cat 3 will be allocated with a CO, but this also depends how many Cat 4s will move over on the July 1st who's occupation have been put back on Sol 3 me being one of those.

Tania

I don't believe there will be too many Cat 4 able to go to Cat 3 with the recent additions in occupations to their SOL list. There weren't that many occupations added. It might be a few 100, if that. That is my guess anyway. I also believe that DIAC stated that they are hoping to reach all Cat 3 applications up to Jan 2011 and assign a CO to them by the end of June 2011. Maybe they are a little too optimistic and it may actually be August 2011, but you never know. DIAC have made tremendous progress in processing CAT 3. Anyone in doubt, just look at the present allocations. Good Luck to all of us!

Jamie's interpretation assumes that DIAC made a typo error in the statement, which may or may not be the case.

This is how i read the DIAC statement, I took the liberty to add some commas and semicolons along the way...

"Applications lodged outside of Australia ; by the of end June 2011 , we expect to have allocated all applications lodged before January 2011."

So DIAC is saying in another couple of days they would have assigned CO to all the 175 applications submitted BEFORE January 2011 ie. up to 31st Dec 2010.

I have seen in this forums that 175 Applications submitted in Nov 2010 are already being assigned CO, so the timeline above seems reasonable. Of course, DIAC have good track record of not keeping their words, those Mar18 email receipient would have found out by now. So lets see how true this statement holds in couple of days time.