176 visa holder job hunting on a tourist visa

We've just been granted our visa and my partner (not the main applicant) wants to fly out next week to kick start his job search and I'll be staying at home with the kids to start packing up.

He'll be flying out on a tourist visa as, as I understand it, he can only validate his visa if he does so with the main applicant and other applicants.

So my question is will job hunting on a tourist visa even though he has a invalidated 176 in the background (which will be validated before he starts work) be allowed or will it jeopardise our 176 visa?

Thanks

We've just been granted our visa and my partner (not the main applicant) wants to fly out next week to kick start his job search and I'll be staying at home with the kids to start packing up.

He'll be flying out on a tourist visa as, as I understand it, he can only validate his visa if he does so with the main applicant and other applicants.

So my question is will job hunting on a tourist visa even though he has a invalidated 176 in the background (which will be validated before he starts work) be allowed or will it jeopardise our 176 visa?

Thanks

Has he applied for a tourist visa? Applying for a tourist visa would cancel his 176. If he already had a valid tourist visa the 176 being issued would have cancelled it.

If you've been issued your 176 just go to Australia on that! Unless you had a specific condition that the main holder has to enter first then he can go without you. It would have said on your visa and grant letter if you had that condition.

OMG hope you saw this before the tourist visa was applied for...? Is everything sorted out?

I wish this myth about main applicant having to validate first would go away but it is as persistent as they myth about qualifying for PR once you have lived in Australia for two years. :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ilyang
Yep saw it..... Phew! I'm sure my CO will have a good laugh when she reads my email on the same subject!

It's a misleading myth to be sure. Great news he can validate on his own.

Hi Chris2011, is this correct? you applied for 176 on 2nd of May and visa granted 20th of June? that was quick!

Archived