The Order! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Guest smashey2006

Guest smashey2006

hey guys... where do i start?

I want to apply as skilled independant.

So i fill in my application forms???

with payment

then the tra thing

isnt there some english test i have to do aswell?

then they tell me ive buggered up one of my forms, so no doubt i'lll have to re do it, send that back, hey presto they allow me (fingers crossed)

then comes some medical tests and police checks-do these have an expiry date on them?

then im in....?

have i got my lists in the right order?

help is appreciated, any additions would be good!

Obv i have not started the application process yet as i need to re read some stuff....

Im a chef so i guess gathering the forms and referees for my TRA thing may take some time, anyone else in the same boat.

*smashey2006*

Hi Smashy, We started with the TRA. Need to fill in this and get all the evidence checked, verified and double checked. Pick the whole thing to pieces and make sure you've included everything they ask for. Then when you've had th OK from TRA tackle the Visa Application.

Good luck! Beki 8)

Guest bethandneil

:?

hi there, we too are going to oz as skilled migrants, however we are using an agency (overseas emigration), as they do all the paper work for you and make sure we have everything we need, it is more expensive than going it alone but if we had done that we would have been unsuccessful, as there are many different subsections for different jobs with each section worth more or less points, had we done it ourselves we would have applied on the wrong section and failed on points, so the initial outlay has been worth it for us, al;so the paper work when you do it yourself is very daunting i think,

hope this helps a little.

Beth

Guest Daceys

I guess it depends on your time scale. :?

If you want to amble along then I would do it yourself and save between £1200 and £2000.

If you want to go ASAP then, I would use an agent ( Migration Matters are sound ) Even though you may use an agent, there will still be a back log in application and you won't jump the queue :(

and there will be lots of work for you to do!!

Good luck matey whatever your chosen route.

Al.

Guest smashey2006

hey guys,

cheers for all your replies, but keep em coming, the more you lot help me out the better. I am not on a great wage, so i guess i'll have to do it myself.

How do i start doing all the TRA stuff, do i need to send off for some forms or something?

xx *smashey2006*

Guest scoop

Hiya

I have also read on here somewhere that if you are a chef you have to document 6 years of experience as a cook.

Worth a look as I think the person who posted it failed their TRA first time because of this.

I have gone with an agent as I wanted to get it right first time. It has already taken 5 years to get this far!!

Good luck with it all mate

SCoop

x

Guest smashey2006

Hiya, i read somewhere that if you claim you are a chef, you have to have the 6 years, but if you scam it that you are infact just a cook (who knows what the difference is) you oinly have to muster up 4 years experience!!

Hi Smashey,

First get the TRA form from IMMI site ,and while your doing this get out track down all your ref's . but go after them as if your life depends on.,because peolpe have a tendancey to think it will keep till another day.

When i did mine it took me months to get them to give them over ,but i have been selfemployed for twenty years. All the best

BONZER.

Guest smashey2006

any clues on what the diff between a cook and a chef is? as if i claim im a cook and write this into my cv, apparently its only 4 yrs work experience i will need, which i just about have, whereas a chef is 6 years....

I also only have gcses no trade diploma thingy

off to hunt down a tra form doodar now

Guest smashey2006

sorry for being an utter muppet but can someone find me a link to a tra form thingy on the immi website, as i cannot seem to locate it

Guest garyh

Hi Smashey,

I am also a chef and have just had my visa granted.

The thing with TRA is to make sure EVERYTHING is worded right.

My first application was declined because my C.V started from commis chef through to head chef. To be considered as a chef you must first have been a cook for six years .After speaking to them i had to re-submit another application ( AND ANOTHER $500) with everything re worded to start from trainee cook, then cook ,then senior cook before being promoted to a chef. I also had to have all my work statements re done to read the same way ( what a ball ache that was ).

So with TRA the more info you srnd the better, and make sure that you send statutory declarations and not just references.

My second application only took 10 days, which i could'nt belive, but i wish i had taken more time on the first one and got it right and saved myself $500.

Hope this helps

Gary

Guest Brendan

Do you have to submit references from your current job with the skilled visa application. I wouldn't want to do this as we are looking at going to Oz in early 2008 and want to get everything lined up early 07 ready to go when we want. I don't want to tell my current employer at this early stage tho'.

Guest Missiemo

Hi Brendan

We just sent a letter from my hubbies employers on headed paper saying job title, hours worked, salary, time with employer etc, and told his employer it was for a mortgage application.

That way you can get sorted without putting your job at risk.

Good Luck

Guest Brendan

Thanks for that Missiemo

There's so much to take in. I need to get the forms and actually see exactly what needs to be done.

Cheers

B

Guest Brendan

There's no chanvce of that after spending another frezzing bank holiday with nowhere decent to take the kids.

Where in OZ are you heading in June?

Guest Missiemo

Good Old Melbourne, stay there for ten days, then off to Geelong or Ballarat.

Depends what they have to offer, wherever we end up it will be a lot more exciting then here.

What has this place got to offer, MP's who can not keep it in their trousers, crimnals walking the streets, wet, windy, cold, sorry we are in for a heat wave on thursday, then rain for the weekend, need I say more.

Good Luck

Guest smashey2006

hey lisa, many thanks for the links etc. Its just a matter of getting everything read, not being a great reader, im gonna find this hard but its gotta be done. Im 26 and the last book i actually read was the twits by roald dahl-----obv one or two several years back!

Guest sparky

Hi Smashey

Funnily enough i read that book recently(the Twits) ,I'm afraid this reading won't be as exciting but think of the end results.

All the best ,

Lisa

Guest lholmes

Hi smashy

To decide if you are considered a Chef or a Cook visit the following site and read through the descriptions:

http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/66f306f503e529a5ca25697e0017661f/5c244fd9d252cfc8ca25697e00184d35!OpenDocument

Both Cook and Chef are on the Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL) so if you apply as a Chef and the TRA approve your application as a Cook, you still qualify for the additional 15 points!

Visit http://www.visabureau.com/australia/migration-occupations-in-demand-list.aspx to read about the MODL.

The TRA is the hardest part of your entire application (document wise, not waiting wise) so the best advice I can offer without going into too much detail is for you to pay particular attention to your training years. You will find that the TRA are more concerned with how you developed your skills rather than the fact you have them.

There’s also no harm in discussing your situation with a few qualified migration consultants. Most consultations are no obligation and will give you an indication of where to start, timelines and cost. They will basically provide you with a general overview of the entire process, some of which you may not have known even existed.

To obtain a free consultation from Visa Bureau, you can complete an online assessment to determine which visa you are eligible for. This will allow you to select how and when you would like to be contacted for a no obligation consultation.

https://www.visabureau.com/australia/assessment/skilled/default.aspx

Good luck with which ever road you choose to go down!

Guest smashey2006

:shock: ooo thankyou soo very much, will have a read thru some of those links over the weekend, thankyou thankyou thankyou

uhoh...training. errrrm

i dont have any formal trade qualifications, does this matter, i do however have the 6 years work experience. well almost xx *smashey2006*

Guest lholmes

Hi Smashy

It's my pleasure!

With regards to your training, 6 years on the job experience is fine if you wish to obtain a skills assessment as a Cook. If you decided to go through as a Chef, the requirement is 6 years experience as a Cook plus 3 years experience as a Chef.

The link I gave you for AusStats is to view what are known as ASCO codes. ASCO stands for Australian Standard Classification of Occupations and the tasks laid out for each individual occupation are what ‘Australia’ considers those jobs to involve.

Good luck!!

Guest smashey2006

With regards to your training, 6 years on the job experience is fine if you wish to obtain a skills assessment as a Cook.

can anyone confirm this bit.(above).. as the website link you gave me then also claims i need some aqf certificate 3 or higher, which clearly i dont have.

i went straight school (gcse passes) to being a chef (or cook) or whatever i need to class myself as. GRRRR!

This is the crucial bit. If i need a qualification, im gonna have to blag something big style.

Also does the tra check your work dates that you have given them?

xx *smashey2006* always in need of help!

Archived